Rangers Alphabet - V (There are 11, can you name 4?)

Tony Vidmar!

What a player! I never see him mentioned in threads.

That guy was solid.

Its strange that Vidmar is a very common Australian surname

I am sure there was a guy in the early 60’s whose name was Tom??? Vint. He was pictured in one of the pre-season photos wearing the old style blue and white striped shirt which was used then. Unfortunately I have no further information other than the name .

Including Van Bronckhorst I think this might be the only day where Ive seen more players in the flesh than not. Just the first 3 and Venters I haven't seen

Van Bronckhorst, Vignal, Vanoli, Van Vossen. Can’t believe I didn’t get Vidmar or Velicka.

I really am shite at stuff like this.

Without looking at the op and other replies I’m gonna have a go at as many as I can think of myself

Van vossen
Velicka
Vignal
Vidmar

That’s the only 4 I can get without looking at the answers

Alex Vallance, younger brother of Tom Vallance, joined Rangers as a 13 year old in 1873.
The Restoration of Rangers Graves Project/The Founders Trail have records of him keeping goal for the second eleven when only 14 years of age.
He played Left Back alongside his brother Tom who operated on the right, and was in the team that won our first ever Trophy, The Glasgow Merchants Charity Cup in 1879, defeating Vale of Leven 2-1 in the Final.
This was a sweet victory, and came only one month after Rangers were denied their first Scottish Cup trophy, when a disallowed goal for Rangers, resulted in a 1-1 draw with Vale of Leven in the Scottish Cup Final.
Vale of Leven were awarded the trophy after Rangers objected to the disallowed goal in the original match and refused to play the replay, so it was sweet revenge to take the Charity Cup against the same opposition.
Alex Vallance made appearances for Rangers in 8 different seasons between 1877-88.

I am sure there was a guy in the early 60’s whose name was Tom??? Vint. He was pictured in one of the pre-season photos wearing the old style blue and white striped shirt which was used then. Unfortunately I have no further information other than the name .

Tremendous!

Front row, between Brand and Wilson

64-65%2BGlasgow%2BEvening%2BCitizen%2B-%2BGlasgow%2BRangers%2BFootball%2BClub%2B-001b.jpg

John Vint,he was a left winger.
I worked with him in the 70s,he came from Bellshill.
I loved listening to his stories about his days at Rangers.

If this is true, it should be more than the usual cyber pint for you.
Edit: just seen a reply, well done.

Back