Rangers and Celtic could soon have opportunity to join cross border leagues

If it meant starting in National League how many would be up for it?
Was going to post similar

Why not create a new separate team for the English leagues and start at the bottom. Would finally have an English team to follow. Would be interesting to see how a new team would develop. Could send players on loan etc

As for uprooting the current club then I doubt barely anyone would accept a long long period of no trophies, European football

Was going to post similar

Why not create a new separate team for the English leagues and start at the bottom. Would finally have an English team to follow. Would be interesting to see how a new team would develop. Could send players on loan etc

As for uprooting the current club then I doubt barely anyone would accept a long long period of no trophies, European football
Interesting concept. I like it

Don't understand why people are so desperate to join the English setup. I much prefer playing in Europe every season, and competing against clubs from all over the continent. We'd get nowhere near it for years if we joined the English pyramid.

Clearly written by a bheggar with his insistence that Celtc is before Rangers.

This is just a big repetitive pile of shite that isn’t going to happen in our liftetimes, our childrens lifetimes, our childrens childrens lifetimes.

No one wants the bheggars in their league anyway, the stench of peasant would be too much to bear for some nations.

For the loss of income the other teams would suffer if the two biggest teams leave

I think there's also a notice period as well. They won't let us go quietly, if it did happen
We could just play the b team in the pen then and see how they fair would help with development hugely and first team in new set up win win all round. Not that I see it happening in reality.

Best of luck to them. They are bang on with their complaint and the reason why we stagnate

“UEFA and their national FA are hampering their prospects of growth"

The path to England was 11 years ago. Starting from SFL3 anyway, Conference North would have been an option - then the EFL/EPL would have no justification in rejecting us as we'd have won promotion on the field. We'd be there by now.

Don't understand why people are so desperate to join the English setup. I much prefer playing in Europe every season, and competing against clubs from all over the continent. We'd get nowhere near it for years if we joined the English pyramid.
I'd honestly sacrifice that if it didn't mean:

- Watching goalkeepers time waste after 17 mins
- Watching 11 men try to fit in a penalty box
- Watching hammer throwers try to make a name for themselves by injuring other professionals
- Being demonised by the press while they turn a blind eye to pedophile rings
- Having celebrations commented on by politicians
- Watching officials make decisions out of fear, or hatred
- Listening to pundits that have achieved nothing in the game, and provide no value

Imagine a world where we only talk about football. Not going to happen, but it's nice to dream

A cross Scottish/Dutch/Belgian type league would be great as would get decent TV rights, high quality of opposition and some amazing travels.

If it came with access to european competition football I think it would be great, if it meant dropping out of european competition wouldnt be interested.

B team take our place on the SPL, have a country promotion/relegation in and out of the league i.e if each country gets four entrants the team finishing fourth out of their fellow counties teams drops out and rejoins the national league with the top domestic team coming up.

Why are so many people on this thread suggesting we join the EPL, even after multiple posts stating that's not what is being suggested?

I'll tell you why, because no one fūcking reads anything before they post their shite.

Read the fūcking article/thread...
Aye I know, cant wait to join the english Championship though.

We would have to pay millions in compensation to the SFA for years of it ever happened
Would provide them notice and if allowed by UEFA they wouldnt be able to do anything.

Plus you forgot if they want to do it then the SFA will agree.

Anyone that believes us and the scum are going into the EPL without years of court battles etc are deluded. You are speaking about teams who have actually earned the right being done out of hundreds of millions of pounds

This is exactly it.

I don't think there was ever any 'red tape' stopping all of this, the clubs down there simply don't need us or the mutants. There is, after all precedent already with the likes of Cardiff and Swansea however, you are essentially asking for Turkeys to vote for Christmas here. I think a lot of English fans would see the benefit of this. Two massive clubs and away supports, Scotland- England 'needle', two huge away days, better football 'spectacle' etc but, for the guys running their teams? We would just be another two huge clubs they wouldn't be able to compete with (eventually) in terms of attracting better players, European spots and then trophies.

Makes no sense for them when they are already in the richest league, which as we've seen time and again is the only motivation for most of the teams down there. Never happening imo to and even if there was a remote possibility it wouldn't be straight into the EPL.

How many threads are we going to have on this utter shite?

It's the most rehashed subject on this forum. It's fucking tedious. People really don't grasp or understand that the Premier League as an entity has zero desire to have us or them be a part of it.

Would have happened decades ago if it was going to happen, when the PL was formed was the prime time to do it, they'd already ripped up the rules by that point. They didn't invite us to the party. About time folk got over it. It's never happening. They make more than enough money amongst themselves without having to give us a slice of the pie.

If this happened and it’s a massive IF it would kill the independence dream stone dead which would allow the country to move on.

The only way entry to the EPL woukd happpen is if the whole structure of football was altered in the UK. A UK league . That would also kill the 4 national associations. Whilst joining the bottom level could be possible, there is no way we could be a member of 2 associations. I doubt the other sides would vote for us being in 2 associations in any case.

Aye ano mark league from Luxembourg is going to mean that all those teams below the EPL give us the green light to skip them I the queue unobstructed

EPL is never happening. The amalgamation with some other countries would be the only way it comes off in future. And if anyone values Rangers having any chance of sustained success, it's the best move as well. Top clubs in the EPL can't be caught anymore without oil wealth on top of the money from the league.

Anyone that believes us and the scum are going into the EPL without years of court battles etc are deluded. You are speaking about teams who have actually earned the right being done out of hundreds of millions of pounds

Not really mate. How have these teams earned the right? By being in one of the league below just due to geography.

If it was a case of "we aren't promoting anyone so we can invite teams in" then I'd see them being denied but what if the EPL still have the three going up but just increased in size.

Btw I am against the move and don't think it will happen and hope it doesn't but I don't think it necessarily means anyone is denied the right and I also think the law isn't based on what's deemed as fair. Especially where business and restriction of trade is concerned.

I'd be up for entry into a new league such as an Atlantic League and think that'd be exciting but not the EPL.

It's important to also remember that the minute we can set that league up, the super clubs will be off in their own league and our league would be just as far behind them in revenue as we are now. It'd probably split the sport in two a bit like the darts with all of the world's best players in the Super League with the up and coming ones in the Atlantic League and the dross still doing the pub and club circuit of what's left of the national leagues.

Last edited:
This is exactly it.

I don't think there was ever any 'red tape' stopping all of this, the clubs down there simply don't need us or the mutants. There is, after all precedent already with the likes of Cardiff and Swansea however, you are essentially asking for Turkeys to vote for Christmas here. I think a lot of English fans would see the benefit of this. Two massive clubs and away supports, Scotland- England 'needle', two huge away days, better football 'spectacle' etc but, for the guys running their teams? We would just be another two huge clubs they wouldn't be able to compete with (eventually) in terms of attracting better players, European spots and then trophies.

Makes no sense for them when they are already in the richest league, which as we've seen time and again is the only motivation for most of the teams down there. Never happening imo to and even if there was a remote possibility it wouldn't be straight into the EPL.
Gretna were in the English league set up before transitioning back and Berwick are in the Scottish league set up.

Would be good if we seen what league they moved to, we could then go to another league and never have to meet them again.

I don’t think this is necessarily about us and the filth joining the EPL.

I think it is more about us being able to team up, in some non UEFA way, with clubs like Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, FC København, Malmo, Anderlecht, Porto, Benfica etc.

Will be interesting to see how this case pans out. We all thought Bosman was trivial at first. This might be the same.

And, frankly, anything that breaks the UEFA corruption has my backing

Correct this is not about joining the EPL but about the “smaller” leagues in Europe combining to form a single bigger league that can compete on a more even level with the “top 5” leagues when it comes to broadcasting revenues. Similar to the “Atlantic League” idea mooted a few years ago. Makes sense to me actually. Would be more competitive and probably better quality football than we currently see at Ibrox with teams actually coming to play football rather than just defend.

Back