Rangers and Celtic fined by UEFA

Homelander

Rangers & Celtic punished by UEFA:

Rangers v Braga: Rangers fined €15,200 for a fan invading pitch & for throwing of fireworks

Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen: Rangers fined €5250 for throwing of objects

Copenhagen v Celtic: Celtic fined €15,000 for late ko. Neil Lennon censured

It was only a matter of time before we got fined after those moments of stupidity from an idiot.

Whoever ran on the park needs a lengthy ban but both need named and shamed because they have just taken a substantial amount where they are concerned out of the club perhaps if it were coming out of fans pockets they would think again?

The late kick off one always confuses me. Who is in charge of making the match go off on time? I thought the referee was in charge of making sure players got down the tunnel and onto the pitch on time and then in charge of all the pleasantries, coin flipping etc?

Some utter cretin was defending letting off the flare on here because it "improved the atmosphere" and any fine would "only be about a week of one player's wages". What do you even do with that kind of stupid?
For me it doesn't improve the atmosphere when do these cretins finally get I dont think they ever will .

I know its them but how is it a clubs fault dor a late ko?
They have folk telling ref when to start due to the tv
Maybe cos of their wee ring before ko and that delayed it? Thats only thing i can think of.
Although shows you where priorities are. £5k bottle thrown potential injury to player
£15k late ko sponsors and tv upset
Money talks with these rancid bastards.
Can only hope at end of C19 that the bigger teams say fook this and break away into own league. Fook UEFA

I know its them but how is it a clubs fault dor a late ko?
They have folk telling ref when to start due to the tv
Maybe cos of their wee ring before ko and that delayed it? Thats only thing i can think of.
Although shows you where priorities are. £5k bottle thrown potential injury to player
£15k late ko sponsors and tv upset
Money talks with these rancid bastards.
Can only hope at end of C19 that the bigger teams say fook this and break away into own league. Fook UEFA

I'm working from memory here. I did a Stadium Tour last year immediately after one of the European games so all the UEFA 'blurb' was still all over the place. They had posters with timings, precise timings, for everything. Right down to the minute. It included a precise time for when the teams had to be assembled in the tunnel ready for the walk out onto the pitch. I'm pretty sure that was what got us in trouble with UEFA for the away game in Moscow the previous season. Gerrard had kept them in the Dressing Room for just a little too long.

Its petty as f*ck in all honesty - but its a money-spinner for UEFA.

"Lennon censured"?

Don't do it again or we will have to give another paltry, just for appearances sake, fine to the most fined club in UEFA history.

Rangers & Celtic punished by UEFA:

Rangers v Braga: Rangers fined €15,200 for a fan invading pitch & for throwing of fireworks

Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen: Rangers fined €5250 for throwing of objects

Copenhagen v Celtic: Celtic fined €15,000 for late ko. Neil Lennon censured

Ludicrous. 15k for late kick off

Get it round them.

The punishment for a late kick off in the first instance is a warning to the coach, the second time it’s a fine for the club and a 1 match probation for the coach.

Didn't know that, cheers.

Thought he'd been covering himself in glory again!

Could the club not have in the ticket T&C for behavior that results in club fines like throwing bottles onto the pitch, running on the pitch that along with the ban they will receive, the fan would be liable to pay also.. 18k down the drain

Whoever ran on the park needs a lengthy ban but both need named and shamed because they have just taken a substantial amount where they are concerned out of the club perhaps if it were coming out of fans pockets they would think again?
Apart from finding and banning these folk the club should put together a fund of about 2,500 a game for TIFo and other displays. Take fines out of it.
Watch self policing work!

Latest posts

Back