Rangers and Celtic fined by UEFA

Yet Legia Warsaw escaped without any punishment they even stopped play.

The double standards are incredible .

having said that I think 5 grand for the clown who threw the bottle has got us off lightly . That could’ve easily seen a closure .

Uefa fines always just seem like arbitrary amounts, as if they just pluck numbers from the sky. Is there a breakdown anywhere of how they get to these totals?

Yet Legia Warsaw escaped without any punishment they even stopped play.

Indeed.

Incredible that you can be slightly late for kick off and get fined 15k but get a game stopped for 5+ minutes while it’s in progress and get off with nothing.

Bizarre double standards.

The late kick off one always confuses me. Who is in charge of making the match go off on time? I thought the referee was in charge of making sure players got down the tunnel and onto the pitch on time and then in charge of all the pleasantries, coin flipping etc?
Players not leaving the dressing room in time.

Over £20k because a couple of morons can't behave like normal human beings. We need to root these clowns out, get them away from our club.

You know what really puts this in to perspective? That money could be the difference between someone at Auchenhowie keeping their job during this pandemic.

In reality it won’t be but when the cash flow of all clubs will be in the shitter, this means so much more.

With all that's going on UEFA could have waited till things were a bit more normal before fining clubs. We will see if they are as quick at handing out money teams are due from competitions if they don't restart them.
Was just thinking this. Money is tight clubs reducing wages, non playing staff being laid off all over country and these clowns are issuing fines. Could have waited priorities all wrong.

The late kick off one always confuses me. Who is in charge of making the match go off on time? I thought the referee was in charge of making sure players got down the tunnel and onto the pitch on time and then in charge of all the pleasantries, coin flipping etc?
Could be as easy as teams not leaving the dressing rooms at start or at half time when instructed .it would hold the tv companies up

Could be as easy as teams not leaving the dressing rooms at start or at half time when instructed .it would hold the tv companies up
Because we are opposite the tunnel, you see “ the wee man’ checking that all the ob companies have returned from adverts.

Whoever ran on the park needs a lengthy ban but both need named and shamed because they have just taken a substantial amount where they are concerned out of the club perhaps if it were coming out of fans pockets they would think again?
Does anyone know if the Club are or have initiated a ban on these individuals? Presumably there is CCTV available if we got punished?

If the club can identify those involved they should sue them for the sums we've been fined. That would send out a message.

Got away with one considering some of the singing.

Some fans never learn. Surprised we didn’t with the away game.

Don’t like to make too big a song and dance about it but been a couple of European games this season where the UBs have sang FF with the add ons. A few grumbles in the Main Stand where I sit when they heard it. A small minority but stupid all the same.

They just said on SSN that these fines are for a pitch invasion and the throwing of objects against Braga.
Nothing to do with the Leverkusen game.

They just said on SSN that these fines are for a pitch invasion and the throwing of objects against Braga.
Nothing to do with the Leverkusen game.

Page 17, specifically mentions the fine for "Throwing of objects" at Ibrox against Leverkeusen.
As the OP states.

Also mentions that CFC were warned for having (at their home game against Copenhagen) "Oversized manufacturer identification" -- by which I take it, sponsors lettering too large on their strips ?

Surprised we didn’t get a harsher punishment for the bottle that was thrown. Some people will never learn and no doubt this crap will happen again and again.

Idiots costing us money.
Unfortunately more idiots tend to go to the European games as a lot of season ticket holders don’t take these tickets due to extra cost/their home location and the games being midweek. Leads to the woo hoo I’m going to Ibrox mentality and you get more steamers making a day of it.

I wonder if any of them are among the ones regularly demanding that auld caants with STs for 30 or 40 years get thrown out their seats to make way for the ones who want to create atmosphere?
Wouldn’t surprise me. This Rangers Da chat is rank. The ‘Rangers Das’ who know a ton more about supporting the club than these wee dicks.

Page 17, specifically mentions the fine for "Throwing of objects" at Ibrox against Leverkeusen.
As the OP states.

Also mentions that CFC were warned for having (at their home game against Copenhagen) "Oversized manufacturer identification" -- by which I take it, sponsors lettering too large on their strips ?
That’s a relief. I thought we would have another fine coming our way.

BBC Radio Shortbread is reporting ‘Rangers and Celtic.’ Must be a coincidence that they’ve used the correct order for the first time in ages and it’s bad news.

The booklet from UEFA regarding the do’s and don’ts pre and post match is quite thick.
Size and position of advertisements, banners, when teams, leave dressing room, in tunnel, what way to position on pitch for pre match rituals, who and when moves 1st to elbow bump. Team photo, toss of coin exchange of pennants etc.
Music played at certain time.
Players line up, Ref waits for signal from UEFA Official at the tunnel to give signal to start match, all matches being played at that time should all start together.
Both Club’s are well aware of the rules as there is a meeting with UEFA the day before the game, the times are all detailed in the booklet.

I just do not get what idiot thinks that it is a good idea to take a pyrotechnic to a football match. Even worse when it is premeditated and you have time to think about your actions.

Back