Rangers and Reach PLC

Waltersrage.gif

Following on from the Go Radio pish we entered into last week, this is another disappointing "partnership", to say the least

This mob own the Daily Record & Sunday Mail.

The same paper that we are constantly told are not welcome at Ibrox.

WTF is going on??!

Club1872 comments??

Thats the last time I buy a match day programme then. Sorry guys and girls who sell them!

Well, it needs to be fed via Greg the SLO back to the club that this is completely unacceptable and that it is very important that the board and other decision makers at the club do not remain so out of touch with fan concerns. I get that sometimes they will do things the fans don't like as it's good for the club or business. However, partnering with a group that has done nothing but lie and try to cause us damage constantly is not on.

Just poor from them. After all the positivity I suppose there had to be at least one big negative in there.

What are the details of it? I mean are they just printing them for sale? If so why is that a big deal?

Following on from the Go Radio pish we entered into last week, this is another disappointing "partnership", to say the least

This mob own the Daily Record & Sunday Mail.

The same paper that we are constantly told are not welcome at Ibrox.

WTF is going on??!

Club1872 comments??

Surely a statement at leat to clarify this. Not a good choice of partnership this from the club.

Well, it needs to be fed via Greg the SLO back to the club that this is completely unacceptable and that it is very important that the board and other decision makers at the club do not remain so out of touch with fan concerns. I get that sometimes they will do things the fans don't like as it's good for the club or business. However, partnering with a group that has done nothing but lie and try to cause us damage constantly is not on.

Just poor from them. After all the positivity I suppose there had to be at least one big negative in there.

Didnt SR do an interview recently on Radio Clyde?

This deal could make commercial sense for Rangers, maybe we can retain an extra 10% profit from programme sales as compared to the nearest printer costs, so why would we snub that because this company, amongst many other things, has links to the Record. I get the distain for the Record, but if it earns us more money to co tinue to. Improve the squad and stadium, surely that's a positive.

Absolute joke. Their lawyers and execs were involved in fighting on the Record’s behalf on that recent IPSO case that C1872 won. How can you do a deal with a company that wants to fight for a year not to retract a made up story about Rangers fans holding up banners of kids being abused?

This deal could make commercial sense for Rangers, maybe we can retain an extra 10% profit from programme sales as compared to the nearest printer costs, so why would we snub that because this company, amongst many other things, has links to the Record. I get the distain for the Record, but if it earns us more money to co tinue to. Improve the squad and stadium, surely that's a positive.
That’s just grasping at straws.

As I don't know the ins and outs of the deal or the boards strategic thinking on this, I will reserve judgement and trust that they know what they are doing as they have been spot on so far

Im sorry, I'll be sure not to mention the next time the club jumps into bed with someone that we've been told for months is banned from Ibrox and one of the biggest shareholders is actively leading a boycott against.

Touchy? Well, it gives your RM pals something else to boycott and bemoan the Club.

Aren't they the biggest sports publishers in the UK? What are the alternatives?

Hopefully this isn't happening. A company whose publications are reviled by the support, and prints nonsense about us. Are they a monopoly?

Touchy? Well, it gives your RM pals something else to boycott and bemoan the Club.

Aren't they the biggest sports publishers in the UK? What are the alternatives?

There's plenty on here bemoaning the club without worrying about folk on another board.
Alternatives? Literally anyone who doesn't have one of their main titles actively being boycotted by Club1872 for a start

There's plenty on here bemoaning the club without worrying about folk on another board.
Alternatives? Literally anyone who doesn't have one of their main titles actively being boycotted by Club1872 for a start

Aren't you a journalist (apologies if I'm completely mistaking you for someone else) - what are the Club's alternatives/costs in this area? Let's get the full story.

Ultimately, you're buying a Rangers publication. Are Reach PLC and Daily Record writing the programme?

Aren't you a journalist (apologies if I'm completely mistaking you for someone else) - what are the Club's alternatives/costs in this area? Let's get the full story.

Ultimately, you're buying a Rangers publication. Are Reach PLC and Daily Record writing the programme?

I am. Club could self publish, continue with existing publishers, forego a matchday programme whilst BCD, go with any other printer/publisher.

Ultimately we were buying Rangers gear from Sports Direct. I dont remember that suddenly being a justification for shopping in one of the Cockney prick's jumble sales.

There will be multiple other printers to pick from. Many in Glasgow alone. They may have the best price on offer but really? Let's say we say "dont buy the record" but then in actual fact the loss of sales in the papers are made up by Rangers paying for them to produce match programmes for them. Pointless.

Isn’t this what I’ve been told for years the reason the record prints shite about us most days? Should we trying to move forward or just sit in the corner telling everybody to fck off forever more seeing as it works so well?

Maybe we should get the Daily Record to sponsor our strips next season? Might be worth a few quid extra?

Back