Rangers and Reach PLC

It clearly makes business and financial sense if the club are doing it.

I understand that the record are awful but this really isn't anything to be in a sense of outrage about
Is saving a few quid worth alienating fans?

Following on from the Go Radio pish we entered into last week, this is another disappointing "partnership", to say the least

This mob own the Daily Record & Sunday Mail.

The same paper that we are constantly told are not welcome at Ibrox.

WTF is going on??!

Club1872 comments??
If it is part of a strategy to influence from a point of commercial interest bringing some voice over editorial output then I would welcome it, even say that it is long overdue.

I severely doubt that it is that well thought through though:(

This is akin to doing a deal with the Fat whank to sell shirts.
WTF @Greg Marshall
I can see sales being very low!!
Having been involved with media (and at one point a magazine publisher) sometimes it is difficult to get competitive print deals.
However, it is not all about money.
I think the club would find the fans would rather pay a bit more for a programme knowing that they are not putting money into the company that publishes those two rags!!!

A lot of people won't even begin to consider the intricacies that might be at play here...

PYOOOOOOOOOR RAGIN' SO UH UM.
There are no intricacies at play.

As with the mentally challenged infested Go Radio link up, it's just a partnership that should never exist.

Very disappointed in the club.

There are no intricacies at play.

As with the mentally challenged infested Go Radio link up, it's just a partnership that should never exist.

That they're now in a business partnership with - and therefore enjoy a direct link to - the bosses of the people who run the Record...

It clearly makes business and financial sense if the club are doing it.

I understand that the record are awful but this really isn't anything to be in a sense of outrage about
There is really.

Its blatant disregard for the support, as per usual.

There is really.

Its blatant disregard for the support, as per usual.
Or it's a knee jerk reaction?

The support should have no issue if we were to hypothetically work with BBC England on something, so why is a printing company any different? I highly doubt the record benefits from this at all.

Is this not a new partnership?
Aye, doesn't mean the club never had access to people at the top of companies. David Graham's predecessor certainly had that access but he was more interested in settling old scores with his former colleagues.

How do you propose we change the attitude of those people? They are now paying us for a partnership, you think that they would continue the status quo whilst doing so? Would be very foolish of them to do so. Perhaps the club aren't as out of touch as many seem to think, perhaps this is a route they've elected to go down to actually resolve and put an end to the situation where the relationship is toxic and also make some money out of it? Win win if it manages to fix things.

No-one needs to now buy the DR or any of their other shitty papers. We can still, as fans, boycot their newspapers.
Reach aren't paying us for a partnership.
We are paying them to print our programme.

I'm struggling to think of any other club in the world that would have a meltdown over who prints the bloody programme like. Perhaps if something as basic and minor as this is enough to get folk seething then perhaps it isn't Reach that is the issue here?

Going by the way rangers have been conducting business in the last couple of weeks, I'm quite positive about the direction it's going in.

I'll hold fire on what I think about this.

How do you propose we change the attitude of those people? They are now paying us for a partnership, you think that they would continue the status quo whilst doing so? Would be very foolish of them to do so. Perhaps the club aren't as out of touch as many seem to think, perhaps this is a route they've elected to go down to actually resolve and put an end to the situation where the relationship is toxic and also make some money out of it? Win win if it manages to fix things.

No-one needs to now buy the DR or any of their other shitty papers. We can still, as fans, boycot their newspapers.
Things need to change and we’re only going to do it bit by bit. You just know it’s going to end up with people raging at Rangers every time they read a word they disagree with. The reason we should just sit in the corner telling everybody to fck off.

Reach wont be printing it, they will be contracting that out, as with Trinity Mirror in the past. Reach will be contract publishing the programme, selling the ads doing the layout etc.

Get in a partnership at the top and let influence filter down.

Perhaps part of a strategy to reverse the mentally challenged media influence.
Never thought of that - maybe positive . Although right now feels different

Is ReachSports not a rebranding of First Press Publishing who were also part of the Record group and published our programmes and the Rangers News for many years?

Maybe being in partnership with the masters might reign in the pish from the muppets. Might even get accurate reporting

Can't help but watch that gif every time lol. The way Bain sits back like oooohhhhp.
It's the way Durrant stands up just as Walter turns round. Like a wee schoolboy who knows he's getting the blame for someone else's mistakes.

Aye, doesn't mean the club never had access to people at the top of companies. David Graham's predecessor certainly had that access but he was more interested in settling old scores with his former colleagues.

Not a direct contractual and revenue-generating link then?

Like I said, intricacies at play.

I'm glad the businessmen leading the leading our club are more nuanced than some of the fans.

Back