Rangers and Reach PLC

The Record need Rangers, Rangers don't need the Record.
Rangers need a fair media presence. Public opinion counts for a lot. It’s currently allowing a sports team to cover up decades of abuse while riding roughshod over the rules.

while print media is on its arse, the reach of those organisations is far further and more permanent.

Last edited:
I cannot believe that because we have a print deal with Reach, they'll suddenly bring the Daily Records 19th Century Terrorist rodent writers to heel. No chance that's happening.

The will print and sell the programme and give Rangers a fee for doing so.

This may have a good effect on our cash flow but it sends out a massive mixed message considering the Record’s woeful behaviour over many years.
I stand corrected but as you say, it's a concerning development along with the tie up with Cooney and Co.

Following on from the Go Radio pish we entered into last week, this is another disappointing "partnership", to say the least

This mob own the Daily Record & Sunday Mail.

The same paper that we are constantly told are not welcome at Ibrox.

WTF is going on??!

Club1872 comments??
You can only change things from the inside.

Were these threats done online mate ?

Really sickens me this kind of behaviour. First off, it's the act of an absolute coward. Nobody should have to put up with nonsence like that, some people of a more nervous disposition could be really affected by that kind of carry on, never mind the family.
He’s a Walter Mitty pal,don’t believe a word he says.

I cannot believe that because we have a print deal with Reach, they'll suddenly bring the Daily Records 19th Century Terrorist rodent writers to heel. No chance that's happening.
I doubt it either and there’s a big chance this one thing will change nothing. But should we just give up and give the scum it all their own way?

Aye. Writing about fitba tends to draw the cranks out the woodwork. Whether it's been explicit death threats, my personal details being posted online on some crackpot taking a photo of me outside the boozer, there's plenty of them. Had a few too who insisted they were coming to games I was covering to meet me but never did appear.
If they were online threats,can you show us proof?

IF this deal is Commercially advantages to the Club then we should absolutely have a contract with them.
I have not bought a paper in years and will probably never buy the Record again; I only listen to RC for about twenty minutes when that lot has a meltdown.
But plenty on here appears to buy the Record and listen to RC.
Like me, they have no idea what the deal is but I would trust James Bisgrove on his judgement

Following on from the Go Radio pish we entered into last week, this is another disappointing "partnership", to say the least

This mob own the Daily Record & Sunday Mail.

The same paper that we are constantly told are not welcome at Ibrox.

WTF is going on??!

Club1872 comments??
Comment that our matchday programme will soon be their biggest selling publication

He is not a nice guy imo and certainly has no right to mix or criticise the Club for taking which I presume the best deal for us while he contributed to the Record and no doubt got compensated for it
So its ok for Rangers to work with the records owner but not for someone to work for the record?

Again you haven't actually answered my question.
You his agent?
Rangers are a Company who must do what is the best return for their shareholders and if that means using one of the biggest printers in the UK then that's what the Club should be doing
He is a guy who will do anything to be relevant including taking money off a paper that openly hates us

Would you work for them?
Would I let my children starve if I never? Rangers articles were being published by some hibs fan pretending, surely it’s better they were written by a Rangers fan. I remember them and they were almost universally positively received, something that’s very difficult to achieve, you might agree. We could certainly have done with a lot more of it in the past decade. Are we just going to spend the next decade sitting in the corner telling everybody to fck off? Or should we put up a bit of a fight before just handing it to our competitors?
you know why governments battle for media control?

Would I let my children starve if I never? Rangers articles were being published by some hibs fan pretending, surely it’s better they were written by a Rangers fan. I remember them and they were almost universally positively received, something that’s very difficult to achieve, you might agree. We could certainly have done with a lot more of it in the past decade. Are we just going to spend the next decade sitting in the corner telling everybody to fck off? Or should we put up a bit of a fight before just handing it to our competitors?
you know why governments battle for media control?
Sorry I apologise, I never knew his kids were starving

Back