Rangers and Reach PLC

Politics is an area where we are found woefully wanting.

It appears some on here simply want to cut all ties off with the media while the filth enjoy not only a beneficial working relationship with the media but unlimited opportunities to set their narratives.

The mentally challengeds job is made so much easier if we don't work with the media and simply sit pissing and moaning among ourselves on our own forums and podcast - very well run and hugely informative as they are.

I find this staggeringly short sighted and unproductive,
I find the whole scorched earth policy from some of our support really draining. Can’t see the wood for the trees.

I care about the commercial side of things, unless we get that right we will always struggle.
This company as far as I can see on here owns quite a few 'newspapers', I will never buy a Daily Record again but quite like the idea of the Company that owns them saving us money

I care about the commercial side of things, unless we get that right we will always struggle.
This company as far as I can see on here owns quite a few 'newspapers', I will never buy a Daily Record again but quite like the idea of the Company that owns them saving us money
Aye so let's save ourselves £1k by handing them £3k. This cannot be spun into a positive at all. Match programmes make us %^*& all in the grand scheme of things. Just admit its poor judgement

I do agree we should be trying to turn the tide of incessant mentally challenged tainted press about us. But we've been saying this for years. It's a huge task given that most media publications in this wee backwater, are pandering to Yessers, goons, mentally challengeds and anyone else who despised us really. Monumental task.
It took years to be turned like this, helped along nicely by our own hated boardroom characters. It’ll take years to repair. I’m sure work will have been done in the background but more fans need to be realistic. There simply isn’t a way to force media companies to say nice things. Is £70m out the back door, no fees, no trophies and no morale a price worth paying to have somebody Tell us they also hate the newspaper because it says bad things about them too. Where do you draw the line with saying bad things? Is it what you think is bad? What I think is bad or is it who big chuck tells us is bad. And by the way, he’s banned them so we can all be pals. What a guy.

I used to work for Sport Media, the company producing the programmes for REACH, under their former guise at Trinity Mirror.

I

Aye so let's save ourselves £1k by handing them £3k. This cannot be spun into a positive at all. Match programmes make us %^*& all in the grand scheme of things. Just admit its poor judgement
So are we saving a grand and giving them £3?
I have no idea what the figures are but I will trust the Commercial Department to do what is right.
To be honest I wouldn't have used them as a fan but this decision will have been taken purely on the commercial side. Maybe the thinking is that we as a customer will get treated a bit more fairly from their subordinates at the Record, who knows?

Are these factual numbers or just guesswork?

Of course there are no other benefits to a commercial agreement with a media company.

Let's just ban them all and let the filth to continue to make deals with them and have all the influence.

Politics is an area where we are found woefully wanting.

It appears some on here simply want to cut all ties off with the media while the filth enjoy not only a beneficial working relationship with the media but unlimited opportunities to set their narratives.

The mentally challengeds job is made so much easier if we don't work with the media and simply sit pissing and moaning among ourselves on our own forums and podcast - very well run and hugely informative as they are.

I find this staggeringly short sighted and unproductive,
In my opinion you are so absolutely correct in all you say here.

Or it might just be that, by giving them our business (as they do) we can have some influence over what is reported in their publications (too subtle for some, I realise that but there you go).

It doesn't work that way believe me, certainly not for the money likely involved. add a couple of zero's then that may be different, unless they have a personal relationship.

Are these factual numbers or just guesswork?

Of course there are no other benefits to a commercial agreement with a media company.

Let's just ban them all and let the filth to continue to make deals with them and have all the influence.
Just making up rough figures. Realistically if we sell 10,000 programmes x £3.5 is £35,000. So what's the max savings on the costs we can achieve?

Back