Rangers announce £6,750,000 share offer to fans - Rangers shares have been issued

The current investors have gone above and beyond already. They do t have money trees. It was time for the rest of us to support. Well done to everyone who has managed.
I know mate and I agree but in the grand scheme of things 100k isn't a massive amount for them.

I invested £2k and was probably in a position to do more but there was a lack of incentive to do so

I had shares in the OldCo and there was a monthly shareholders draw which had some great prizes - and was tiered so if you had a higher holding you went into a different draw for better prizes

Something as basic as that would have probably persuaded me to invest more

I can't wait to get my confirmation, to own a tiny bit of Rangers is a dream come true. Just wish I could afford more.
Whilst its an emotional 'investment ', I wouldn't be surprised to see the value rise as the journey continues.
I know mate and I agree but in the grand scheme of things 100k isn't a massive amount for them.
The full point of the share issue is to raise funds from other sources. The shares that are being diluted are those currently owned, so the current share holders would be buying shares from themselves effectively. 100k isn’t a lot in isolation for them, but they’ve ploughed 10s of millions in already from their other businesses

I invested £2k and was probably in a position to do more but there was a lack of incentive to do so

I had shares in the OldCo and there was a monthly shareholders draw which had some great prizes - and was tiered so if you had a higher holding you went into a different draw for better prizes

That’s an interesting comment , although I thought / my memory from the old shares was prizes just at the AGM

However what I would say is we need to get away from the notion there should be anymore of an incentive to invest money directly into Rangers , other than that the money goes towards the success of the club / team on the pitch

Rangers, despite all the season tickets and merchandise bought, is still reliant on a few wealthy individuals to help the club, we realistically can’t keep going with that long term, collectively the Rangers support will need to contribute more directly

a reframing / mindset switch of how supporters can financially support the club directly is needed.

yes, buying merchandise makes the club some money, but from that cash exchange your getting clothing / souvenirs whatever it is in return, considering the money that castore make from that transaction (and let’s not even go through the Hummel / elite Clusterfuck and where the money went)

Can fans not just forgo the merchandise and put the money straight into the club, either in terms of the share deal or through things like the Rangers youth development?

that £65 shirt that will be outdated in a year,
Why not put the money straight into Rangers by another means

(Granted I’m of an age where purchasing the kits isn’t a factor for me & im sure lots of parents will have their kids shouting for the new top, but I’d say we all need to think about ways to maximise the money were financially able to spend on Rangers

Was holding off on this but just listened to John Bennet speak on RTV and decided to invest.

Nothing more than an emotional investment for me but if people like JB are willing to invest and risk 10’s of millions£ from their own personal wealth for the future of our club then Im happy to invest a modest amount for exactly the same reasons. Provided you can afford it, what greater incentive is there?

I agree the man speaks very well. I can honestly say if I won the euro millions I would Chuck 10% in easily (I’m not Young so Fck it) and I have also asked to buy 4K under the tifosy share offer. I would say to anyone that has £500 (minimum allowed) get some bought ,
Only 10% !! Your missus runs a tight ship :))

In fairness, that is an absolute minimum of 2.5 million. There will be folk investing more than the £500.
Oh for sure, we have posters on here who went to £2000 for example. We could really do with a few at £100,000 though.:)

I'm working on the 'guestimate' of an average investment of £750 because the vast, vast majority will be at minimum £500.

£750 x 5000 = £3,750,000

Miles short of target.

Oh for sure, we have posters on here who went to £2000 for example. We could really do with a few at £100,000 though.:)

I'm working on the 'guestimate' of an average investment of £750 because the vast, vast majority will be at minimum £500.

£750 x 5000 = £3,750,000

Miles short of target.
True. I was ready to invest, then some other bills took priority. Hoping to be able to do so after next pay day.

I think many fans are simply not accustomed to such investments. Though would happily spend money on new tops, etc.

Why the sad face? Almost 5000 people at 500 quid minimum a pop is 2.5 million quid - that’s superb

I never went for it. I go to most games home away europe and buy merchandise, that’s plenty for me
Sad face because the target was just under £7m mate. Now, hopefully there's some real 'serious' investors in that 5000 subscribers to take us nearer to that but, at present, we're just over half way on my guess of an average of £750. That's a number plucked out the air that is hopefully on the low side.

Several reasons of course - its been a dear Summer with STs, new kit and Edmiston House for example. Also many, like myself, tend to buy our shares through the likes of Redmaye Bentley.

There is quite an aggressive campaign by the club to get folk to invest

emaiks, social media and a pop up on the rangers app whenever you open it

I wonder if they may drop the minimum investment at any point to attract more people

I wonder if they may drop the minimum investment at any point to attract more people

No idea of the legalities of doing that. Could imagine it opening a can of worms with some folk who stetched themselves to invest initially.

No idea of the legalities of doing that. Could imagine it opening a can of worms with some folk who stetched themselves to invest initially.

aye I get that

but might open the door if they’re struggling to meet the target

Tifosy will no doubt be getting a slice of the action here so maybe the £500 figure is seen as the ‘break even’ figure as regards costs per investor?

Latest email from Club today (5 July) suggests we still have less than 5000 folk investing in this.:(
There’s only so much the fans can give . I said in the other thread I reckon we are about the 3.5-4 million mark still well short of what the club had hoped . The timing when season tickets renewals , holidays , kit release and so many other financial commitments take priority , I can’t say I am surprised that we may not reach the required £6.75 million .

The thing I would like them to reinstate is the draw to get into the directors box for a game. I remember it from the old Rangers news that such and such shareholder had been selected.

Just got this email, posting for those who have invested and may miss it. What a prize that is, nice touch.

As we enter the final week of the Rangers Share Offering, we have some exciting news for all those who invested in Rangers and/or plan to do so before the Offering closes on Friday.
To welcome new shareholders.  A chance to win the ultimate package.  Rangers vs. Real Madrid

As part of its 150th Anniversary celebrations in the 2021/22 season, Rangers FC is proud to announce its match vs. Real Madrid on 25th July at Ibrox Stadium.
As this fixture will take place shortly after the close of the Rangers Share Offering, the Board feels there could be no better way of welcoming new Shareholders than by offering them the chance to attend this historic fixture in the best possible style.
All those who have invested in the Offering before it closes on Friday 16th July will be entered into a draw to win:
  • Four hospitality passes for the match
  • Meet and greet with manager Steven Gerrard
  • Photograph with Scottish Premiership trophy #55
  • 2021/22 jersey signed by the full squad

Just got this email, posting for those who have invested and may miss it. What a prize that is, nice touch.

As we enter the final week of the Rangers Share Offering, we have some exciting news for all those who invested in Rangers and/or plan to do so before the Offering closes on Friday.
To welcome new shareholders.  A chance to win the ultimate package.  Rangers vs. Real Madrid

As part of its 150th Anniversary celebrations in the 2021/22 season, Rangers FC is proud to announce its match vs. Real Madrid on 25th July at Ibrox Stadium.
As this fixture will take place shortly after the close of the Rangers Share Offering, the Board feels there could be no better way of welcoming new Shareholders than by offering them the chance to attend this historic fixture in the best possible style.
All those who have invested in the Offering before it closes on Friday 16th July will be entered into a draw to win:
That’s quite a prize. Last I read was just under 5000 investors.

Flights from Canada would be nice as well. B-)

I’m not to keen on supplying passport either

my reading of it was that may not be necessary though anyway? (Does it only kick in at a certain level of money being deposited?

I paid my money with credit card , I’m an existing shareholder which I’m sure Rangers / tifosy can check, not sure why they really need extra information there to complete small transaction

when I bought my original shares I didn’t need show a passport, I just paid the stockbroker & that was it

I’ve not logged into tifosy to check the current state of play , thought no news til offer period closed in couple weeks
You can use a photo ID driving licence instead if you have one, you need proof of ID as it is a financial regulatory requirement to stop money laundering I believe.

Incredible prize. I wouldn't be able to go if I won, so I'd probably just start projectile rage vomiting.

I’m not to keen on supplying passport either

my reading of it was that may not be necessary though anyway? (Does it only kick in at a certain level of money being deposited?

I paid my money with credit card , I’m an existing shareholder which I’m sure Rangers / tifosy can check, not sure why they really need extra information there to complete small transaction

when I bought my original shares I didn’t need show a passport, I just paid the stockbroker & that was it

I’ve not logged into tifosy to check the current state of play , thought no news til offer period closed in couple weeks
Got it in one.

The id requirements are part of the anti money laundering regulations.

When first introduced the small premium exemption was probably around £5k for a single premium.

Not sure of the present threshold but only those investing above that level will be required to provide id

Timing definitely the issue here. Season tickets just renewed, this after a year of paying for a season ticket and not getting to a match, never mind the almost daily release of the latest training, travel or match day collection” from Castore. Everything is a choice of course but the amount of money getting funnelled to Rangers over the last couple of years from fans is quite phenomenal.

I was fortunate enough to have some spare cash so I did apply for the share issue as I’d like my own little piece of Rangers. I suppose that’s money that will not be going to Club1872 which was where I originally thought I’d use it.

I’ve not invested, but if we can reach 4 million on this, that’s incredible IMO. On top of the season tickets selling out, new kit, bricks in the new edmiston house project etc. The fans have delivered.

I wasn’t happy about how the club’s communication with us has went with regards getting us back into Ibrox, I’m still not.
That said, I still feel having a voice in the club, no matter how small, is worth the investment.

I haven’t completed due diligence as I have never ever been asked by any bank to give a copy of my passport and especially not to Tifosy. I presume therefore, I won’t be able to receive my shares. I wrote to Tifosy and their reply was so contradictory and poorly worded that it reinforced my initial prejudices of the company. The opportunity to use my ’corrupt’ £500 for money laundering (their words) is not amusing. If they are not prepared to approve £500 without a copy of my passport it is Rangers loss. I’ll be disappointed but I have at least attempted to deal with the problem. Unfortunately, their algorithm will probably reject my application. The digital age. Huh!
I don’t think you can open any financial account without confirming your identity nowadays. Usually it’s passport or driving licence. I’m not sure why anyone would have a problem with processes that are designed to prevent money laundering.

I don’t think you can open any financial account without confirming your identity nowadays. Usually it’s passport or driving licence. I’m not sure why anyone would have a problem with processes that are designed to prevent money laundering.
I’vd had to bite the bullet and upload my passport, as advised by many on here. Thanks for all the help. Now received an email saying process complete.

I’ve had my email back now to say funds are in my wallet. Used my passport and a letter from HMRC as my two forms of identification.

I read that email yesterday , if they were going to be offering a prize draw should’ve announced it earlier.

Anyway, I never win anything but this would be a lovely lift to get this one!

Finally bit the bullet after weeks of flip flopping and just completed the form to apply for £500 worth of shares.Really should be prioritising my house deposit fund but who knows when we’ll get this opportunity again.

Also dropped my Club1872 donation down to the minimum £5 a month after the continued carry on with the directors.

Back