Rangers announce £6,750,000 share offer to fans - Rangers shares have been issued

So do you get more shares if you invest more or is it more of a good will gesture if for talking sake someone invested thousands rather than £500
I don’t mean this in a bad way but if you have to ask that then I think you should do a bit of reading up on shareholding before parting with your cash. It’s not for everyone, I get the sentiment side of it though.

Wow, wasn’t expecting this! Excellent news.

Can I buy in someone else’s name? Would like to get a couple of shares in the kids’ names.

Normally you would buy in just one name and then gift transfer at no cost to other names, also saves on broker fees.

I don’t mean this in a bad way but if you have to ask that then I think you should do a bit of reading up on shareholding before parting with your cash. It’s not for everyone, I get the sentiment side of it though.
It was asked more from the sentimental part of view in terms of could fans intentionally overpay for them to increase the equity provided into the club but I'd imagine the agreed value to be raised cannot be breached until another share issue

I'm a fan of this, rank and file supporters havent had the chance to invest directly for a while as an individual. No doubt it will be painted as something to worry about by the people who hate us but I'm definitely going to buy some.
For sure. And it will be exactly the same cnuts who are always telling us that "you let your club die."

Ignore them!

It was asked more from the sentimental part of view in terms of could fans intentionally overpay for them to increase the equity provided into the club but I'd imagine the agreed value to be raised cannot be breached until another share issue
No, it doesn’t work that way. Share price is set and you’ll get x amount of shares depending on how much you put in

Once the one person has the shares he could just sell of gift some of them to the others via a broker could he not ?
I think Tifosy has a trading platform itself. Will be interesting to see if you can use that platform to trade these issued Rangers shares amongst Tifosy members post issue.

Can't imagine King will be too happy about this - does anyone think he will have any chance of getting his investment back through the Club1872 scheme now?

Just got 3 ST'S for me and the boys, 2 champions wall and a edmiston house package. My next lot of money will be for strips unfortunately can't do this but hope it goes well for everyone who can afford it. Does anyone know what it's being used for?

Are ordinary shares different from the usual ones? I know there are two kinds of shares.

Ordinary Shares are the normal ones BB.

Preference Shares tend to go at much higher values to major investors, and have ‘preferential rights’ ( eg right of dividends ) compared to ordinary shares.

Got some the first time so wont get any this time but its a great opportunity for others who missed out

At the moment they haven't set the price because of the process - but assuming it is 20p or thereabouts that would make it about 30million shares and the club currently has 390,658,857 shares circulating - so abut 8% - these are new shares.
Forgive my ignorance mate, but does this mean we will be back on the stock market shortly

Interest registered

Given the concerns raised about C1872 (don't wish to derail the thread), this is an ideal way for a supporter such as myself to invest in the club and have a say (albeit a small one).
Also don’t want to derail the thread but this approach is a body blow to c1872.

I'm out unfortunately, around £1500 in already for this coming season with season tickets, mygers and Edmiston house for me and my son!

These will go quickly though, as a shareholder already its a great feeling knowing you own a small bit of it all, as well as the fact that by investing this way the money is going into the club.

Pre registered, I think this will be over subscribed. If it is I hope the club squeeze in as many small investors as they can to widen the ownership base.

Back