Rangers announce £6,750,000 share offer to fans - Rangers shares have been issued

Is this something you'd likey ever make money back on (I'm very naïve and know very little!) Interested in getting the minimum £500 from a pure sentimental standpoint that it would be nice to have stock in my club but would also be good to know the pros and cons of others
Unlikely to yield a profit. Purchase purely based on sentiment tbh. I think my shares from the IPO are worth about half what I paid for them, but tbh it's not a surprise with football clubs as the value will always fluctuate. Obviously our situation since is a factor, so we should start to see an increase now, but your deffo naw making a mint off it.

Have they confirmed this? Their twitter feed has nothing with today’s date on it as yet
When they bought the last batch they said this.

The RIFC Board has offered Club 1872 the opportunity to purchase more shares in the coming months and, based on that commitment, members' donations will continue to support the club as it builds on the success of this season and deals with the ongoing financial impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.

We would encourage our members to urge family and friends to join Club 1872 as our legacy campaign progresses over the coming months. We need thousands more Rangers fans to join to help us meet our fundraising target of £2.5m for Rangers by June 2021."

Interest registered

Given the concerns raised about C1872 (don't wish to derail the thread), this is an ideal way for a supporter such as myself to invest in the club and have a say (albeit a small one).
Likewise I'm by no means well off but will put in as much as I can will likely be 2
Or 3k it's all I can afford. Anyone that buys shares hats. Great for us fans!

For those with password issues a couple of tips from earlier in the thread:

If you are in the UK and use a VPN then turn OFF your VPN. The share offering is UK only.

If you are overseas then turn your VPN on to UK and use a UK address if requested.

If you use a password generator then don't use it for this - the password field is limited to numbers and letters by the look of things (no special characters). Bets to just come up with your own password and type it in letter by letter.

Be aware that on some devices the device may auto-capitalise the first letter of your password so try to view it either as you type it in or use the reveal button to see it afterwards (I assume there's one there, I haven't registered yet).

More detail on the offer in this link:

And Ts & Cs here:

Last edited:
I was going to buy my boys some but noticed it’s £500 min so that’s me out unfortunately

I had 300 shares in the old company and was able to split them, transferring 150 to a family member and keeping 150 in my own name. It was a very simple process which just involved making a request to the registrar. I sent off my certificate for 300 shares and two new ones for 150 were issued.

I had 300 shares in the old company and was able to split them, transferring 150 to a family member and keeping 150 in my own name. It was a very simple process which just involved making a request to the registrar. I sent off my certificate for 300 shares and two new ones for 150 were issued.
Thanks for that input. £500 between myself and the two boys would be much better

Yea, I learnt my lesson the hard way about not joining my companies share save scheme when they were bought over
I used to put money into my work (Railtrack) sharesave schemes years ago but always pulled it out early as I was young and daft and would end up needing it for something else, used to get shares as a bonus too, would hold onto them until the time passed where you could sell them on without paying tax and always did so, made a small fortune as we were given some of them when the company was privatised at under £3 a share, they hit £17 and I punted them.

There were guys at work who used to laugh at me taking it out while they were sitting on thousands of pounds worth of shares, they weren't laughing when the company went tits up overnight and they lost the lot!!

The only shares I've lost were the £500 worth I had in Rangers before 2012!

Unlikely to yield a profit. Purchase purely based on sentiment tbh. I think my shares from the IPO are worth about half what I paid for them, but tbh it's not a surprise with football clubs as the value will always fluctuate. Obviously our situation since is a factor, so we should start to see an increase now, but your deffo naw making a mint off it.
IPO shares were 70p from memory, Charley and his merry band

At least you know the money will used to benefit the club this time round.

Won't let me sign up my interest. Won't accept any password I try?
Yep - same on Mac also. Asks you for usual one lower case, upper, character etc - so you input loads of them and by the time you get success it says "We've noticed suspicious activity, please re-register". Aye, about 200 sign up attempts !!!

Tried on 3 devices with no vpn on and following the password guidelines but I’m just getting a message saying they have noticed some suspicious activity

Reactions: fmp
There is no right or wrong answer here for fans.

If in a position to do so, then great. Money going directly to club to raise working capital can only be seen as a good thing. I think we have always maintained that we would look to get to a position of bein self sustainable but the lure of the league win next year (With direct entry to CL) must be too much for board to gamble with. They know that this is the pinnacle of being self sustainable.

Should we qualify this year then it will be a remarkable achievement and could see us obtain that target much earlier but we simply cannot afford to not grab the league win next year with both hands.

I can see one final push for a guaranteed CL spot. If the 6.75m helps achieve that, then can only be a good thing IMO.

Can someone clarify. Only had a quick look through the Ts & Cs. As far as I can tell these shares will not be certificated. In other words they will not be in your name, they will be held by the nominee (Tifosy). That's not entirely unusual and would be the same with many stockbrokers - unless you pay extra, generally about £25, to have the shares certificated. That's what I did with my current shares. I'm not sure I see any means to achieve that with Tifosy. Anyone able to clarify? @mdingwall you seen to have a better handle on this than most of us.

EDIT: See post #277. You get a Certificate.

Last edited:
Please note - supporters clubs can band together to buy shares - you register them in the name of your club secretary for instance - and back it up with your own document explaining how the shares are to be distributed if the purchase is ever broken up.

It looks like punters in Canada, America and Australia (and I presume some other jurisdictions) can't participate - if registering from there use your mum's address in the UK!
I just pre-registered from Oz and no issues at all, email notification in minutes if that helps anyone interested from overseas

Wait a minute no MyGers points? It’s a no from me!

Only joking - can’t afford it but hopefully this is easily reached if not over subscribed.

Perfect timing really, opportunity to win 2 in a row and get in the champions league automatically next season.

The futures bright!

Tried on 3 devices with no vpn on and following the password guidelines but I’m just getting a message saying they have noticed some suspicious activity
Trying to register a second account, and despite my own advise it's just not having it, same as yourself.

Web site in meltdown no doubt, we have a history of breaking them, surprised there is not a queue to get on it!

Back