Rangers announce £6,750,000 share offer to fans - Rangers shares have been issued

ffs, i failed the questionaire twice and i am now locked out for 24 hours - anyone help with answers to questionaire? all i want is to pay my money to purchase shares without being a financial guru - i know the money risks- just not up to speed on the termanoligy used in the questionaire

I'd like to help, but I can't access the questionnaire now post completion. Next time you're doing it, bump this thread to see if anyone is online and can help.

Not seen the email mate. How do Tifosy then link your payment to your application? I assume there was a reference number or application number they gave you that would link the two together?

Did I read earlier that they had an online chat facility? I'm sure I read that someone had scanned in details of their bank transfer from their online banking and sent it via Chat and they managed to sort it out there and then. Maybe look back a few pages and check that.
Yeah a reference code

I did the chat thing and they said screen grab my online payment and email them

My online bank doesn't allow screen grabs

Ill wait til the trouble comes in and she can photo my screen

"Oh ye bought rangers shares did ye, Aye? "
Some laugh

I'd be surprised if that were the case.

I guess we'll never know, but there wasn't really any incentive to go above the minimum buy in.
Kowloon72 why don’t you think this is a good investment? The money is being raised at a valuation quite a bit below Celtic so people might believe in the club, the board and our future rather than just wanting a share certificate. For what it’s worth I think we will get there comfortably. On the club 1872 point they don’t have the fire power to underwrite this and I think the preference for owning shares directly (Adam smith and all that) is why the club are going down this route.

I just sent my money via bank transfer and awaiting confirmation it has been received.

The questionnaire is basic - as someone says, basically pick the option which says that you may lose your money if everything goes tits up.

Yeah a reference code

I did the chat thing and they said screen grab my online payment and email them

My online bank doesn't allow screen grabs

Ill wait til the trouble comes in and she can photo my screen

"Oh ye bought rangers shares did ye, Aye? "
Some laugh
Ha ha. Could always have a go at trying a screen grab yourself. If on Windows have a play around with some of these methods. Should be straightforward enough.

Kowloon72 why don’t you think this is a good investment? The money is being raised at a valuation quite a bit below Celtic so people might believe in the club, the board and our future rather than just wanting a share certificate. For what it’s worth I think we will get there comfortably. On the club 1872 point they don’t have the fire power to underwrite this and I think the preference for owning shares directly (Adam smith and all that) is why the club are going down this route.

I've no idea if the value of Rangers will go up or down, or by how much. What I do believe is that it won't be a better investment than most broad based index funds, and that everyone investing is a fan with no intention of ever selling their shares for a profit (and no bank will ever offer leverage to retail clients on shares in a football club held via a 3rd party app).

But by all means, if you think these shares will increase in value by X% more than whatever it is you'd invest in otherwise, then fill your boots and apply for as many as you want. I just want to be involved so stuck with the minimum.

I have had my money taken from my account re the application of shares that I applied for.
Has anyone else had money taken from their account yet

Bump:

Update email today indicates there have been 4500 applications so far.

At £500 per application that would represent £2,250,000 raised, exactly one third of the target amount. Of course, we've no idea what the average application was for.

Bump:

At £500 per application that would represent £2,250,000 raised, exactly one third of the target amount. Of course, we've no idea what the average application was for.
I’m holding off on mine until I know what way the club intends to move on a return to Ibrox for the support.
If it is MyGers getting preferential treatment I’ll not be investing.

Bump:

I think it would be fair to assume a sizeable number of investments will be over the minimum amount. 4500 is quite a big number I'd be surprised if the £6.5m hasn't been reached.

I’m holding off on mine until I know what way the club intends to move on a return to Ibrox for the support.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Everyone needs to have red lines. I'd suggest communicating your decision to the club in some way (should it come to pass).

It’s open to everyone - even Celtc Fahd who want to attend AGM’s etc !

It’s open to everyone - even Celtc Fahd who want to attend AGM’s etc !

Nothing that can be done about that, unfortunately. Any restriction would either be so lenient it wouldn't put off someone already willing to invest 500 quid into their biggest rivals, or so strict it would limit what could be raised.

There wasn't anything stopping a celtic fan buying an individual share privately via Redmayne Bentley or similar and attending that way prior to this share issue anyway. Know plenty of bears who acquired shares that way in the past year or so.

I think it would be fair to assume a sizeable number of investments will be over the minimum amount. 4500 is quite a big number I'd be surprised if the £6.5m hasn't been reached.
For a minimum investment of £500, 4500 may be a very substantial figure. A conservative ball park figure of between 4-5 million may be accurate, but it be even higher.

For a minimum investment of £500, 4500 may be a very substantial figure. A conservative ball park figure of between 4-5 million may be accurate, but it be even higher.
Truth be told though most Tom, Dick and Harry’s will only be able to spare the minimum of £500 during these tough times . I’d imagine the realistic figure we are now at is closer to £3.5 million . Halfway there roughly . Still a fair bit to go .

Really? Whilst none of us know for sure I would say the opposite. The vast, vast majority will be fans just wanting to be shareholders and putting in the minimum amount. Offset by a few at higher figures, for sure, but I’d be surprised if the average investment came out at over £750 say. 4500 x £750 = £3,375,000.

Still a very long way to go I’d say.

Really? Whilst none of us know for sure I would say the opposite. The vast, vast majority will be fans just wanting to be shareholders and putting in the minimum amount. Offset by a few at higher figures, for sure, but I’d be surprised if the average investment came out at over £750 say. 4500 x £750 = £3,375,000.

This is correct mate .

Myself and 3 others I know all invested the minimum (as you know I had already purchased some in February so couldn’t commit to much more!) I suspect we will be in the majority with a few in the fortunate position of having spare capital to invest more.

Any idea when we find out if we have been successful with our application? The tifosy Web page does give much away.
From the email Tifosy sent when receipt of your application was confirmed.

”The deadline for Applications is 17:59 on Friday 16th July 2021. Applicants will be notified of whether or not their Application has been successful within 21 days of this date. If your Application is unsuccessful, in full or in part, the relevant amount of your investment will be returned to you within 21 days.”

Given the timing (pandemic, ST renewals, kit launch, EH launch) - I’d be surprised if we don’t have a long way to go to secure the £6.75m

Not saying the uptake will have been “poor” but it’s a big ask of the fans at this particular time. Perhaps it would’ve been even more popular with a lower minimum investment amount rather than £500

I’m fortunately relatively comfortable financially but can’t stretch to another £500 for this share offering as well as the ST, EH launch and buying the new merchandise. Suspect many others will be the same.

Given the timing (pandemic, ST renewals, kit launch, EH launch) - I’d be surprised if we don’t have a long way to go to secure the £6.75m

Not saying the uptake will have been “poor” but it’s a big ask of the fans at this particular time. Perhaps it would’ve been even more popular with a lower minimum investment amount rather than £500

I’m fortunately relatively comfortable financially but can’t stretch to another £500 for this share offering as well as the ST, EH launch and buying the new merchandise. Suspect many others will be the same.
Investors come in a variety of forms; from a month ago there is now 4500 taking up a new issue, which may bring a higher figurec than is suggested here, or not. Most of the 4500 are most likely to be fans, but there may be those who have a relatively large holding already and who may have increased their share etc. Between 4-5 million may not be entirely unreasonable, and it may even be higher; it most probably isn't, but it could be.

My guess would be that we are sitting at around £3m at this stage. Can't see it being too much more than that. But that's fine.

Agreed, the timing wasn’t ideal but even if they’d waited 2/3 months, people would’ve cited Christmas etc why they couldn’t contribute

It’s a lot for Rangers to ask given the current financial climate and it’s partly why I get so wound up about all these additional “mygers” linked products they’re offering

I made a £500 donation for a wee certificate through choice but I do think the club need to be more mindful of the fans commitment over last season and a half - fans foregoing refunds, paying for a ST we didn’t use and then renewing with no return date in sight

Yeah. I'm able to do this as I don't have an ST. I considered EH for a while but thought better of it as I'll get no use out of it (and tbh I'm slightly sceptical about how the club will define "lifetime" a decade or so from now).

Agreed, the timing wasn’t ideal but even if they’d waited 2/3 months, people would’ve cited Christmas etc why they couldn’t contribute

It’s a lot for Rangers to ask given the current financial climate and it’s partly why I get so wound up about all these additional “mygers” linked products they’re offering

I made a £500 donation for a wee certificate through choice but I do think the club need to be more mindful of the fans commitment over last season and a half - fans foregoing refunds, paying for a ST we didn’t use and then renewing with no return date in sight

The fans always make an amazing effort, but this past 18 months have been really incredible.

From the email Tifosy sent when receipt of your application was confirmed.

”The deadline for Applications is 17:59 on Friday 16th July 2021. Applicants will be notified of whether or not their Application has been successful within 21 days of this date. If your Application is unsuccessful, in full or in part, the relevant amount of your investment will be returned to you within 21 days.”
Attention to detail eh!! Funnily, that will be 12th July.

Did any Canada based Bears get confirmation on whether we could participate in this or not? I tried to look into it but couldn't find a clear answer, but I went ahead and signed up anyway.

Did any Canada based Bears get confirmation on whether we could participate in this or not? I tried to look into it but couldn't find a clear answer, but I went ahead and signed up anyway.
Still holding back at the moment.

Keep getting emails from the club about it. Still not entirely convinced in it all yet.

I've signed up, so it looks like the FF "Running" thread will be awash with shareholders.

;)

Still holding back at the moment.

Keep getting emails from the club about it. Still not entirely convinced in it all yet.
What is it you want to be convinced about mate and maybe we can help you? Its highly unlikely that you would make any money from investing. This is more about emotional investment. You (eventually) get your Share Certificate and you get to feel a part of the Club and its decision-making process because you can attend and vote on stuff at the General Meetings. That's about it. I bought my first Rangers shares a few years ago and love being a part of it.

What is it you want to be convinced about mate and maybe we can help you? Its highly unlikely that you would make any money from investing. This is more about emotional investment. You (eventually) get your Share Certificate and you get to feel a part of the Club and its decision-making process because you can attend and vote on stuff at the General Meetings. That's about it. I bought my first Rangers shares a few years ago and love being a part of it.

It’s nothing to do with the making money part as I would never sell it on and only pass it on to family etc.

I would just have liked some more information on what the club is planning in doing with the invested funds? Infrastructure, youth development, local community, improving first team etc.

I’m pretty sure I’ll buy them but the initial buzz I had fell away a bit. Not exactly sure why.

I personally think if they raise half the funds in the current climate they will be doing excellent.

Is there a cut off date?

This is spot on. I wouldn’t do it to make money - it’s if you have the extra cash and you want to feel more involved. The nice thing here is that you can sell if you need to but nobody knows where the share price will be so it isn’t money in the bank. Owning shares is a great feeling and as long as you can afford it and generally agree with the board’s direction give it a go.

It’s nothing to do with the making money part as I would never sell it on and only pass it on to family etc.

I would just have liked some more information on what the club is planning in doing with the invested funds? Infrastructure, youth development, local community, improving first team etc.

I’m pretty sure I’ll buy them but the initial buzz I had fell away a bit. Not exactly sure why.

I personally think if they raise half the funds in the current climate they will be doing excellent.

Is there a cut off date?
Closing date is 16 July 2021 mate.

Is there a cut off date?

They outlined the expected use of the funds in the issue document (without committing themselves granted). Mark posted it in a different thread. The first in the list was Edminston House.

Is there a cut off date?

When you register, they send you a detailed PDF document with all the info. You could sign up to get it, and you can cancel within 14 days if you wanted to, or if you DM me your email address I'll forward it to you.

Back