Rangers announce £6,750,000 share offer to fans - Rangers shares have been issued

I didn’t buy through Tifosy but do have shares in my own name (‘certificated’ being the term used I think). All correspondence relating to them comes through the Registrar, Link Asset Services, and I was able to register on their site and I can vote at the AGM electronically or attend in person if I choose. Works fine fir me and I have the certificate showing me as the shares owner.
Perfect , yeah certificated was the route I was thinking of going for , I’ll certainly have a look at that once tifosy have issued everything cheers!

Isn’t there a process required to actually have our share certificate sent to us? I seem to remember a post saying Tifosy hold the documents unless I request different? Never having been a shareholder ( doesn’t that sound good!) before, I definitely want my certificate in my name. :)

This is from their website:

Once you have made your investment you will be issued a Certificate of Investment and Declaration of Trust to evidence the shares you hold.

That reads to me that you get your certificate in your own name.

Mine says.

Payment Status
Funds Received.

Due diligence status
Additional information requested

Offer Status
Application under review.

I have now uploaded a utility bill and my driving licence in addition to the original passport I uploaded.

Strange thing is under "Dashboard" it says 100% complete.

That was the exact same as mine mate and I think it’s all ok, haven’t heard otherwise

That was the exact same as mine mate and I think it’s all ok, haven’t heard otherwise
Mines is sitting completed in the due dilligence part but as you say if your account is at 100% surely there’s nothing else needed

Once you have made your investment you will be issued a Certificate of Investment and Declaration of Trust to evidence the shares you hold.

Yeah it’s quite confusing the whole thing tbh

Can someone more financially literate than myself care to pass comment on this snippet from the latest issue of Private Eye?

Nothing to worry about they are just wondering why we aren't on the stock exchange but Celtic are it's because we are limited company and they are a PLC

Can someone more financially literate than myself care to pass comment on this snippet from the latest issue of Private Eye?

It would make the buying and selling of shares easier and the share price clearer if we were on one of the markets. There are stricter finance and reporting requirements to be on these markets which is more costly for the club to conform to. Dave King did not seem keen to be on one of these markets. From my own view while it is more costly I feel it would be better for the club long term to be on one of these markets

Does anyone know when we are informed if we have been allocated shares or not. I asked them via email and got SFA?

Nothing to worry about they are just wondering why we aren't on the stock exchange but Celtic are it's because we are limited company and they are a PLC

We are a PLC as well.

More accurate to say we have a PLC and a Limited Company, but this share issue is in the PLC.

The shares will be issued by Rangers International Football Club plc (the “Company”) and provide subscribers with the same rights as the current owners, including voting rights on a one-vote-per-share basis and the right to attend the AGM.

If we have circa 4500 applications we are likely to meet our funding target in my opinion.

4500 applications at the minimum would reach circa 2.25 million.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a reasonable percentage of subscribers above the minimum.

I think it will be fully subscribed, it is not in the interests of anyone involved with the club for it to fall short.

I would not be surprised if there are some familiar surnames at the £100k top limit though.

Cheers mate. On another issue. I’m having major problems with RTV on my smart TVs. One a Panasonic the other a Samsung. I have to use silk browser as I’m on Amazon prime. RTV is great on my computer or iPhone since the whole “upgrade” but obviously I’d like to watch on tv but it buffers like crazy. Mate in Glasgow has one of those dodgy fire sticks and he said the stream was flawless, which of course pissed me off as he ain’t paying jack. Any ideas before I contact RTV?
If you have an Xbox that works also for Rangers TV quite well for me just on its browser

It would make the buying and selling of shares easier and the share price clearer if we were on one of the markets. There are stricter finance and reporting requirements to be on these markets which is more costly for the club to conform to. Dave King did not seem keen to be on one of these markets. From my own view while it is more costly I feel it would be better for the club long term to be on one of these markets
Not when we have amazingly generous fans with ST sales and amazingly generous board members supplying favourable loans. This isn't C1872, the transparency is there with our club and our finances, and who is buying shares to sell them anyway? Not Rangers fans that's for sure. Being a PLC isn't a can of worms we need right now

I think it will be fully subscribed, it is not in the interests of anyone involved with the club for it to fall short.

I would not be surprised if there are some familiar surnames at the £100k top limit though.
I don’t think it is a case of falling short.
The £6,75m figure was a limit not a target.
We are not allowed to offer more than €8million value of shares to the public without a full prospectus.
Most fans will have opted for £500 so if there were 5000 applicants I would expect the average to be c £1000 and the total raised to be closer to £5m which is a great result. Any fans who wanted to own a wee piece of our club were able to become shareholders.

If we have circa 4500 applications we are likely to meet our funding target in my opinion.

4500 applications at the minimum would reach circa 2.25 million.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a reasonable percentage of subscribers above the minimum.
I don't share your confidence. The vast majority of those will be £500 applications. Whilst I bought multiples as would many others , I don't see the average investment rising above £750-1000 which would leave us short of the target ,even if they had more applicants in that last week. I think we will only raise 2/3rds of what we targeted.

I’m holding off on mine until I know what way the club intends to move on a return to Ibrox for the support.
If it is MyGers getting preferential treatment I’ll not be investing.
Ego indeed. What's the blackmail nonsense?! Nobody cares if you invest mate.

I don't share your confidence. The vast majority of those will be £500 applications. Whilst I bought multiples as would many others , I don't see the average investment rising above £750-1000 which would leave us short of the target ,even if they had more applicants in that last week. I think we will only raise 2/3rds of what we targeted.

I think a share issue in a football club raising £5m at this point in time would be an incredible achievement.

Don’t think that’s the actual share certificate. I believe Tifosi control and hold those unless you specifically ask for the share certificate to be sent to you taking them out of their umbrella control? :confused:

Back