Rangers announce membership scheme to start next year amongst other things.

DeeGer10

Oh christ, I remember the last time there was big investment in Wi-Fi. Can't people just watch the game instead of sitting on their phones. Some people see more of the match through their mobile screen when they are there.
I think most people would just like to be able to check the half time scores so WiFi will allow us to do that however it would just require something on the screen.

Cutty/Young

Here's some advice for our "catering partner" The food is shite, overpriced and just a rip off especially if you have family's coming with young kids, football is expensive enough without being further ripped off with trying to feed them.

There is no need to have a partner in dealing with food, there is also nothing stopping us employing people to run our own catering and all profits would go to the club rather than some greedy corperate french company where money and profit is more important than quality and customer satisfaction.

In 2019 we shouldn't still be looking at a very limited menu and should also be pro active in encouraging healthy eating for our young fans and us adults, not having to bite into rock hard pies which would snap your teeth at times and be overcharged for the pleasure.

Elior offer nothing to our catering and their motto is buy low and charge what you like, I've seen plenty of suggestions for boycotts over the years and Elior should have been targetted with one and told to remove their fingers and start supplying decent food at decent prices instead of ripping the fans off.

GavCo

Rangers are looking into a new scheme for tickets which is point based like the travel club, but it will be at least a few years before it is up and running.

What I think will happen ticket wise is there will be a members sale of home match tickets before any left go to public sale. Obviously our league games sell out fast so there would unlikely be any public sale for league games at Ibrox.
Hope not. People will just always take a ticket and then give it to a mate. It doesn't work and away games will be for a select few.

It Is Old But Beautiful

Happy to hear about a membership scheme being introduced but will wait and see what it involves before saying if it will be for the greater good or not. It has to cover away tickets / semi final tickets for it to be worthwhile from my point of view. How it is priced will be interesting as well.

Disappointed not to see any information on Safe Standing in there, looks to be that Rangers don't want it. It is vital for the week to week atmosphere at Ibrox imo.
It’s an absolute farce that it still isn’t going forward when we literally have Kilmarnock getting it fitted. Out of touch with what supporters want. The atmosphere will continue to be shite if the UB are stuck in BF1 and there’s no Safe Standing.

Iainrfc04

Official Ticketer
If the membership is like other clubs, it'll only apply to non-season ticket holders. To help give them the chance at getting home/away tickets.

cloodie

The stadium music is terrible.

It should be Rangers songs only that are played.

I also feel when we score I prefer the natural noise of the fans roaring rather than some rave song blasting over the top of us.

Has this survey been complete? I would like to put forward a few ideas.

I thought I read that the current catering contract runs out at the end of this season?

The whole menu needs an overhaul, the pricing is taking the piss and you can’t even pay by card.

The new website and app sounds encouraging.

A notification system would also be good for supporters who’s ticket has been resold through seatsub. A text or an email notifying them would be fine.

The plans do look encouraging.
The worst part about the music was last season when they played it after certain games where supporters had stayed back and were singing etc. It drowned it all out. The last home game of the season is an example.

BillyBoys

If the membership is like other clubs, it'll only apply to non-season ticket holders. To help give them the chance at getting home/away tickets.
Well let's hope that's a none starter regarding non-ST holder getting away tickets, that won't happen thankfully.

Ideally the membership can be open for all but as a ST holder it entitles you to apply for domestic away games / euro aways / semis etc. Being a non-ST it then entitles you to priority sales on home games etc plus other benefits.

Last edited:

Craigie

Don’t really understand why people want membership. I can’t imagine what benefits will be offered that will merit an extra £30 or whatever coming out my account.

My season ticket better not be dependent on having one.
It won't be.

Also, it's like everything else. If you think it's good value then sign up/buy it. If not don't.

Nothing is compulsory.

Scotty Arfield

The worst part about the music was last season when they played it after certain games where supporters had stayed back and were singing etc. It drowned it all out. The last home game of the season is an example.
I agree.

UB started ESWF last season (can’t remember exact game) and then the club blast the rock version of Follow Follow over it.

The announcer should be using his initiative. If the stadium is rocking there is no need to blast music over the fans.

The Underfaker

Here's some advice for our "catering partner" The food is shite, overpriced and just a rip off especially if you have family's coming with young kids, football is expensive enough without being further ripped off with trying to feed them.

There is no need to have a partner in dealing with food, there is also nothing stopping us employing people to run our own catering and all profits would go to the club rather than some greedy corperate french company where money and profit is more important than quality and customer satisfaction.

In 2019 we shouldn't still be looking at a very limited menu and should also be pro active in encouraging healthy eating for our young fans and us adults, not having to bite into rock hard pies which would snap your teeth at times and be overcharged for the pleasure.

Elior offer nothing to our catering and their motto is buy low and charge what you like, I've seen plenty of suggestions for boycotts over the years and Elior should have been targetted with one and told to remove their fingers and start supplying decent food at decent prices instead of ripping the fans off.
Why you telling FF?

Email the club.

ChiefWahoo

Official Ticketer

I'd wager we could get a team from this forum to offer up better than is on sale at present.
The food is rank, the prices are a joke and the selection is a throwback to the 80s.

mdingwall

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of decent sounding stuff there, highlights for me
- Membership scheme
- New Ibrox Wi-fi system
- New Rangers app
- New Website
- New RangersTV app
- Improvements to Catering
- Improvements to overall matchday experience

What would really top it off is if we got permission for a proper fan zone, and safe standing (ideally Copland Front). Excited to find out what plans are in place for the anniversary celebrations. Would like to see the Ibrox area really revamped and invested in, obviously that would include Edmiston House and the Fan Zone across the road.
Delivering is the problem, not concocting a wishlist.

ChiefWahoo

Official Ticketer
I agree.

UB started ESWF last season (can’t remember exact game) and then the club blast the rock version of Follow Follow over it.

The announcer should be using his initiative. If the stadium is rocking there is no need to blast music over the fans.
It was being sung as the final whistle went against the piglets in December.

tazzabear

You're free to have your opinion. I simply gave mine.
Of course.
I’m not in the CF so it doesn’t affect me.
I’d did reckon that, if there was to a serious consideration given to a standing area, the Broomloan front would have been the ideal choice, more so when it wasn’t for ST holders for the whole season.

Alex

Hopefully the membership scheme sorts out away tickets as it’s a bit of a fiasco at the moment. Not to mention RSC members getting 2 bites of the cherry at the expense of other supporters.
RSC’s don’t get enough tickets to give every match going bus member “two bites at the cherry”. 4 tickets between 40 doesn’t go, so don’t even pretend it does. RSCs absorbed tickets when hardly anyone was on the away scheme in the lower leagues. Most took financial hits. Of course, you knew that :)

MSF

Who was the “face to face” survey held with?

Its strange because anytime they send surveys out, the overwhelming majority say they want safe standing and its an important issue to the fans. I’ve had that confirmed by someone at the club in response to the last survey they sent us.

Yet its ignored, time and time again. In favour of what, WiFi? Do you not get a good connection in the hospitality areas or something?

YoungGer97

Delivering is the problem, not concocting a wishlist.
It might seem like a wish list in the short term but im fairly confident it can all be achieved. Especially when i think on a broad scale and how utterly inept the club was at all levels as recently 2015. Vast improvements to all aspects of the club have been made since then, and the trajctory is certainly going in the right direction.

ChiefWahoo

Official Ticketer
Not to mention you canny use a fuxkin bank card
There was a thread on recently about this.
A guy wanted a bottle of water, couldn't get one as it's not for sale. Cups of water are free, but the kiosks had run out of cups.
They offered to sell him a bovril which he could pour out in order to obtain a cup, but he couldn't pay by card anyway.

In true FF fashion, the poster was rounded on for daring to complain and for the crime of wanting bottled water instead of tap.

I'd love to see Rangers get this dealt with, as a chef it's hideous to see what my club thinks is an acceptable offering.

Paisleyprod

Official Ticketer
Oh christ, I remember the last time there was big investment in Wi-Fi. Can't people just watch the game instead of sitting on their phones. Some people see more of the match through their mobile screen when they are there.
Hopefully a good team playing good stuff will keep folk off phones.

I do remember sitting watching a Chelsea game on phone as well as keeping an eye on our game v some dross like Stranraer one midweek back in the day :(

BillyBoys

Who was the “face to face” survey held with?

Its strange because anytime they send surveys out, the overwhelming majority say they want safe standing and its an important issue to the fans. I’ve had that confirmed by someone at the club in response to the last survey they sent us.

Yet its ignored, time and time again. In favour of what, WiFi? Do you not get a good connection in the hospitality areas or something?
If WiFi is one of the top items to come out of this fan survey we really deserve all we get (nothing).

Who gives a flying f**k if the WiFi is decent or no? Can the gamblers not wait till 5pm to check their coupon? Madness that is one of the main items on there.

Safe Standing should be one of the very first items on that document.

MSF

If WiFi is one of the top items to come out of this fan survey we really deserve all we get (nothing).

Who gives a flying f**k if the WiFi is decent or no? Can the gamblers not wait till 5pm to check their coupon? Madness that is one of the main items on there.

Safe Standing should be one of the very first items on that document.
The club know we want it.

Some will still pretend “the club are looking in to it”. :D Give me peace.

Bluebrox

No mention of safe standing. Disgraceful.

Yet we need Wi-Fi ??!!!

I know what our manager would prefer as a priority in terms of improving the current dreadful atmosphere.

Why am I not surprised by this board?! :(

EOS

Some promising stuff in there (website, anniversary celebrations).

Lots of chat about safe standing. IMO the next structural work should be for the benefit of disabled fans. And I say that as someone who is not disabled and would happily be in a standing section.

Rangerstillidie

Official Ticketer
I love the assumption of people wanting WiFi is to not watch the game but to sit on their phones.

If you’ve got a coupon on being able to check it at half time.

Got people who you need to message on iMessage or WhatsApp the score but can’t get a signal.

I would go into the ground earlier than I do if I knew I could get the internet.

I don’t know anyone who would pay for a season ticket and go to the game and only look at their phone screen instead of the game.

nelster

Wifi. Makes club money. Official Wifi betting partner. Official wifi sponsor.

Theres folk on call for various jobs that have to get backup folk to cover them as the signal is dreadful never mind an internet signal. Ive had to do it.

Safe Standing absolutely does not make the club money

And theres only a few folk jumping up and down about it, the bulk of season ticket holders couldnt give a monkeys about Safe Standing.

Just pointing out the reality.

mdingwall

Administrator
Staff member
It might seem like a wish list in the short term but im fairly confident it can all be achieved. Especially when i think on a broad scale and how utterly inept the club was at all levels as recently 2015. Vast improvements to all aspects of the club have been made since then, and the trajctory is certainly going in the right direction.
Not much has improved I'm afraid. On numerous issues things are agreed and never implemented.

Bluenose1979

WiFi is a massive boost and it’s nothing to do with sitting on phone during play.

Sending texts and even checking scores of other games at half-time is near impossible at Ibrox.

It’s a basic part of modern day functionality and quite right to look into it.

Woodrow Call

Happy to hear about a membership scheme being introduced but will wait and see what it involves before saying if it will be for the greater good or not. It has to cover away tickets / semi final tickets for it to be worthwhile from my point of view. How it is priced will be interesting as well.

Disappointed not to see any information on Safe Standing in there, looks to be that Rangers don't want it. It is vital for the week to week atmosphere at Ibrox imo.
Before the centenary stand was built everyone apart from the main stand stood. Most weeks the atmosphere was shit.

Valley Bluenose

Looks like that site takes you to a digital version of a leaflet they are going to distribute. Awful to read but hopefully they will be dishing these out at the next home game or as inserts to the matchday programme.