Rangers announce membership scheme to start next year amongst other things.

We’re not like other clubs. The more progressive we are as a club, the better.

Fans want to be able to access internet when at games - it’s only right the club tries to accommodate that.
What do you mean we are not like other clubs? Im talking about the infrastructure of a stadium ffs. Uber staunch require wifi

I am not saying there isnt demand for wifi. What I am more getting at is that clubs up and down the country dont get signal and it doesnt warrant getting worked over.

People aren't getting worked up (except the ones who seem obsessed with telling people not to look at their phones).

There's a fairly simple point and it's about a top-level club providing modern facilities. Clubs up and down the country have shite catering, should we just maintain shite catering too because other clubs have it? Clubs up and down the country don't have safe-standing, but folk are outraged it's not on the list of improvements.

This represents an exercise into making the matchday experience better on multiple aspects.

Wifi is an absolute no-brainer in that regard, along with the things above.

I can't send or receive texts or calls on my phone at Ibrox. In the modern day, it is the absolute bog standard means of communication. If there's a solution that can be put in place which allows customers in the ground to have access to that standard level of communication on matchdays, it is a benefit.

How much of any of this actually comes to fruition remains to be seen, but why there are a few folk getting uppity about the stadium having wifi in the grand scheme of things is beyond me.

What do you mean we are not like other clubs? Im talking about the infrastructure of a stadium ffs. Uber staunch require wifi

We’re a progressive, forward thinking, club. Historically we’ve always been leaders in our field when it comes to the footballing experience.

What we can provide our fans shouldn’t be hindered by, or compared to, what other clubs do.

The disconnect is a problem though. Pretty much a dead zone for me anywhere near the ground meaning no contact with anyone for that duration. It isn't normally a big deal but it makes it difficult to arrange to meet people at the stadium or after the game unless you do it in advance. Also can't keep up to date with other scores which could be annoying if other games of interest (same group in Europa League for example) are on at the same time.
Keeping up with scores is very easy to do.

I use the app FlashScores on my phone and all you do is select the games you want notifications for prior to leaving the house, and it buzzes and comes on your lock screen whenever their is a goal.

You don’t even need to log into your phone to get the scores.

I use the app FlashScores on my phone and all you do is select the games you want notifications for prior to leaving the house, and it buzzes and comes on your lock screen whenever their is a goal.

Thing is, that assumes that you only want to know a small subset of scores with notifications and also that your phone gets a data signal on the mobile network to receive the updates.

That's the main issue at Ibrox. The vast majority of the time the data signal is too weak/non-existent to even receive a simple imessage, let alone the other data it would need to be receiving to update.

I have those kind of apps and I'm nearly back at my car at the Village Hotel after the game before I get all the notifications through.

Thing is, that assumes that you only want to know a small subset of scores with notifications and also that your phone gets a data signal on the mobile network to receive the updates.

That's the main issue at Ibrox. The vast majority of the time the data signal is too weak/non-existent to even receive a simple imessage, let alone the other data it would need to be receiving to update.
I don’t even log onto my phone in Ibrox because I know it doesn’t work.

I don’t know how or why it works but I always get notifications for FlashScores coming through. As you say it’s kind of odd considering nothing else comes through including IMessages etc.

I have those kind of apps and I'm nearly back at my car at the Village Hotel after the game before I get all the notifications through.
I’m actually the same for every other app but it’s only FlashScores that comes through.

Fk knows how it works.

I don’t even log onto my phone in Ibrox because I know it doesn’t work.

I don’t know how or why it works but I always get notifications for FlashScores coming through. As you say it’s kind of odd considering nothing else comes through including IMessages etc.

Might just depend on your network and you may get some data signal over the course of it in patches which allow them through.

Might just depend on your network and you may get some data signal over the course of it in patches which allow them through.
That tends to be the way of it for messaging at Ibrox. What you can sometimes send and receive at times can be very random.
In this day and age it’s the norm to have decent WiFi (airports, restaurants, shopping malls etc) regardless of why you feel the need for it.
I would like to see a modern, fit-for-purpose WiFi System made available at Ibrox Stadium.

I get a signal during the game when no ones on their phones but as soon as it's half time a dont get any.

only use my phone during the game for in play betting

No, Elior aren't owned by Murray.

Elior agreed a nine year extension with us in August 2011 so if my maths is correct that contracts runs out this season.

I also believe Elior gave us an upfront fee for the catering deal so currently we make no money from the food kiosks.

Hopefully the membership scheme sorts out away tickets as it’s a bit of a fiasco at the moment. Not to mention RSC members getting 2 bites of the cherry at the expense of other supporters.
Its not at the expense of anyone. If you have real interest in going to away games then you will join a supporters club.

If you just fancy the odd away day then you will get a ticket every now and again from the CCCS.

Elior agreed a nine year extension with us in August 2011 so if my maths is correct that contracts runs out this season.

I also believe Elior gave us an upfront fee for the catering deal so currently we make no money from the food kiosks.

That contract would have been ended during the liquidation.

Why do you support the club and go to the games? No one can complain, moan and criticize the club/support the way you do and be a true supporter.
There are some fantastic initiatives taking place and you still manage to squeeze in your criticism of the board and the support.

You really are a strange one.

Brilliant stuff. I guess I just have higher expectations than some. I wont accept mediocrity and second best when the club I love could and should be number 1. Any "true supporter" knows that.

No but it does need changed id be more inclined to give rsc a larger number % of tickets per game however tied to the rangers numbers so that they can continue get a reasonable amount of tickets and those that are not in a rsc get a equal chance.

The rangers number is only used once so that person has to decide if their application goes through rsc or cccs. The higher number of tickets for rsc should a allow more members in then to get tickets and a better chance for non rsc supporters to get tickets.

RSCs need to be managed better a well there are to many that are not real supporters clubs and set up between few friends just to gtee one of two tickets
To be a registered rsc you need a minimum of 12 members and unless you have more than 4 or 5 season ticket holders the chances are you won’t get any tickets for most away games.

Cold food options should be a given.
Sandwiches, fruit, wraps, salads.
All it takes is a fridge in the kiosks, instantly the choice has doubled, but halved in calories.
If we can't do bottled water, then at least get the proper dispensers instead of offering water from a tap that hasn't been used in the last 3 weeks.

Health and safety means you can't have a system with standing water. Therefore the water system does not stand for three weeks or anything like it.

Whilst I take your point, I also think Kanye has a valid point

Folk on RSC’s that are also on CCCS get 2 chances at a ticket

Is that fair?

I’m a member of an RSC btw so I can’t complain but I do get the viewpoint of non RSC members

You don't get a second chance - you get a tiny percentage of a chance extra if you are in an RSC.

RSCs bring 40 or 50 people to home games and provide a network of around 500 clubs all working away to promote the club. Any other club would be delighted to have that network instead of regarding it as a yoke.

New Wifi system being planned

I'm probably thick as s4ite, but why do we need wifi at games, can we not just watch 2 halves of 45 minutes each and maybe get a piss and a pie at half time.

Really dont want to be sitting amongst a lot of eejits reading their Facebooks, taking videos etc...

2 hrs of pure football, rest of the week to stare at bast#rding phones

I'm probably thick as s4ite, but why do we need wifi at games, can we not just watch 2 halves of 45 minutes each and maybe get a piss and a pie at half time.

Really dont want to be sitting amongst a lot of eejits reading their Facebooks, taking videos etc...

2 hrs of pure football, rest of the week to stare at bast#rding phones
Mostly for half time scores and betting apps, lots of money to be won! :cool:

The membership scheme seems a good idea on the face of it, it will raise more money for the club and I as a non season ticket holder would be happy to join.

Interesting reading previous posts re away ticket allocations, RSCs, etc. Something I seldom consider as I don't travel away, I do work with a few guys who travel away, including Europe, so can appreciate the difficulties faced trying to secure away tickets. Quite a complex issue in my view, the club needs to meet a demand that outstrips supply. Those scrambling for tickets are dedicated fans spending serious money, the club has the difficult task of implementing a fair system whilst all proceeds from these ticket sales goes to the home club.

From a probably selfish point of view, I will share my frustrations as a non season ticket holder. I attend home matches with my daughter, both of us are on the waiting list but there is little chance of us getting season tickets together in the near future. I'm hoping the membership scheme includes some form of loyalty system for non season ticket holders. We have both managed to get tickets for all home matches (league/europe/friendlies) this season, via public sale/secondary ticketing - with the exception of the Celtic match which wasn't offered for public sale. I know I have zero entitlement to a ticket for the Celtic match, but it's frustrating there is currently no way of even being given any opportunity to apply for one when attending all other home games.

No loyalty system will ever be perfect. Sunday's against Hamilton was a prime example for me, there were several people selling handfuls of tickets outside the Subway. Any loyalty points would presumably go to those selling the tickets and not those who bought them and actually attended the match.

Hopefully the membership scheme, however it is implemented, gives all those wanting to regularly attend games either home or away the best chance of doing so. The dynamics of our support is so wide and varied, it will take a smarter person than me to come up with a scheme that satisfies everyone.

I certainly don't agree with all you say but you make your points well.

Back