Rangers announce membership scheme to start next year amongst other things.

Don’t really understand why people want membership. I can’t imagine what benefits will be offered that will merit an extra £30 or whatever coming out my account.

My season ticket better not be dependent on having one.
It won't be.

Also, it's like everything else. If you think it's good value then sign up/buy it. If not don't.

Nothing is compulsory.

The worst part about the music was last season when they played it after certain games where supporters had stayed back and were singing etc. It drowned it all out. The last home game of the season is an example.
I agree.

UB started ESWF last season (can’t remember exact game) and then the club blast the rock version of Follow Follow over it.

The announcer should be using his initiative. If the stadium is rocking there is no need to blast music over the fans.

Here's some advice for our "catering partner" The food is shite, overpriced and just a rip off especially if you have family's coming with young kids, football is expensive enough without being further ripped off with trying to feed them.

There is no need to have a partner in dealing with food, there is also nothing stopping us employing people to run our own catering and all profits would go to the club rather than some greedy corperate french company where money and profit is more important than quality and customer satisfaction.

In 2019 we shouldn't still be looking at a very limited menu and should also be pro active in encouraging healthy eating for our young fans and us adults, not having to bite into rock hard pies which would snap your teeth at times and be overcharged for the pleasure.

Elior offer nothing to our catering and their motto is buy low and charge what you like, I've seen plenty of suggestions for boycotts over the years and Elior should have been targetted with one and told to remove their fingers and start supplying decent food at decent prices instead of ripping the fans off.

Why you telling FF?

Email the club.

Here's some advice for our "catering partner" The food is shite, overpriced and just a rip off especially if you have family's coming with young kids, football is expensive enough without being further ripped off with trying to feed them.

There is no need to have a partner in dealing with food, there is also nothing stopping us employing people to run our own catering and all profits would go to the club rather than some greedy corperate french company where money and profit is more important than quality and customer satisfaction.

In 2019 we shouldn't still be looking at a very limited menu and should also be pro active in encouraging healthy eating for our young fans and us adults, not having to bite into rock hard pies which would snap your teeth at times and be overcharged for the pleasure.

Elior offer nothing to our catering and their motto is buy low and charge what you like, I've seen plenty of suggestions for boycotts over the years and Elior should have been targetted with one and told to remove their fingers and start supplying decent food at decent prices instead of ripping the fans off.
I'd wager we could get a team from this forum to offer up better than is on sale at present.
The food is rank, the prices are a joke and the selection is a throwback to the 80s.

A lot of decent sounding stuff there, highlights for me
- Membership scheme
- New Ibrox Wi-fi system
- New Rangers app
- New Website
- New RangersTV app
- Improvements to Catering
- Improvements to overall matchday experience

What would really top it off is if we got permission for a proper fan zone, and safe standing (ideally Copland Front). Excited to find out what plans are in place for the anniversary celebrations. Would like to see the Ibrox area really revamped and invested in, obviously that would include Edmiston House and the Fan Zone across the road.

Delivering is the problem, not concocting a wishlist.

I agree.

UB started ESWF last season (can’t remember exact game) and then the club blast the rock version of Follow Follow over it.

The announcer should be using his initiative. If the stadium is rocking there is no need to blast music over the fans.
It was being sung as the final whistle went against the piglets in December.

You're free to have your opinion. I simply gave mine.
Of course.
I’m not in the CF so it doesn’t affect me.
I’d did reckon that, if there was to a serious consideration given to a standing area, the Broomloan front would have been the ideal choice, more so when it wasn’t for ST holders for the whole season.

Hopefully the membership scheme sorts out away tickets as it’s a bit of a fiasco at the moment. Not to mention RSC members getting 2 bites of the cherry at the expense of other supporters.

RSC’s don’t get enough tickets to give every match going bus member “two bites at the cherry”. 4 tickets between 40 doesn’t go, so don’t even pretend it does. RSCs absorbed tickets when hardly anyone was on the away scheme in the lower leagues. Most took financial hits. Of course, you knew that :)

Who was the “face to face” survey held with?

Its strange because anytime they send surveys out, the overwhelming majority say they want safe standing and its an important issue to the fans. I’ve had that confirmed by someone at the club in response to the last survey they sent us.

Yet its ignored, time and time again. In favour of what, WiFi? Do you not get a good connection in the hospitality areas or something?

Delivering is the problem, not concocting a wishlist.

It might seem like a wish list in the short term but im fairly confident it can all be achieved. Especially when i think on a broad scale and how utterly inept the club was at all levels as recently 2015. Vast improvements to all aspects of the club have been made since then, and the trajctory is certainly going in the right direction.

Not to mention you canny use a fuxkin bank card
There was a thread on recently about this.
A guy wanted a bottle of water, couldn't get one as it's not for sale. Cups of water are free, but the kiosks had run out of cups.
They offered to sell him a bovril which he could pour out in order to obtain a cup, but he couldn't pay by card anyway.

In true FF fashion, the poster was rounded on for daring to complain and for the crime of wanting bottled water instead of tap.

I'd love to see Rangers get this dealt with, as a chef it's hideous to see what my club thinks is an acceptable offering.

Oh christ, I remember the last time there was big investment in Wi-Fi. Can't people just watch the game instead of sitting on their phones. Some people see more of the match through their mobile screen when they are there.

Hopefully a good team playing good stuff will keep folk off phones.

I do remember sitting watching a Chelsea game on phone as well as keeping an eye on our game v some dross like Stranraer one midweek back in the day :(

Who was the “face to face” survey held with?

Its strange because anytime they send surveys out, the overwhelming majority say they want safe standing and its an important issue to the fans. I’ve had that confirmed by someone at the club in response to the last survey they sent us.

Yet its ignored, time and time again. In favour of what, WiFi? Do you not get a good connection in the hospitality areas or something?

If WiFi is one of the top items to come out of this fan survey we really deserve all we get (nothing).

Who gives a flying f**k if the WiFi is decent or no? Can the gamblers not wait till 5pm to check their coupon? Madness that is one of the main items on there.

Safe Standing should be one of the very first items on that document.

If WiFi is one of the top items to come out of this fan survey we really deserve all we get (nothing).

Who gives a flying f**k if the WiFi is decent or no? Can the gamblers not wait till 5pm to check their coupon? Madness that is one of the main items on there.

Safe Standing should be one of the very first items on that document.
The club know we want it.

Some will still pretend “the club are looking in to it”. :D Give me peace.

No mention of safe standing. Disgraceful.

Yet we need Wi-Fi ??!!!

I know what our manager would prefer as a priority in terms of improving the current dreadful atmosphere.

Why am I not surprised by this board?! :(

Some promising stuff in there (website, anniversary celebrations).

Lots of chat about safe standing. IMO the next structural work should be for the benefit of disabled fans. And I say that as someone who is not disabled and would happily be in a standing section.

Oh christ, I remember the last time there was big investment in Wi-Fi. Can't people just watch the game instead of sitting on their phones. Some people see more of the match through their mobile screen when they are there.

I love the assumption of people wanting WiFi is to not watch the game but to sit on their phones.

If you’ve got a coupon on being able to check it at half time.

Got people who you need to message on iMessage or WhatsApp the score but can’t get a signal.

I would go into the ground earlier than I do if I knew I could get the internet.

I don’t know anyone who would pay for a season ticket and go to the game and only look at their phone screen instead of the game.

Wifi. Makes club money. Official Wifi betting partner. Official wifi sponsor.

Theres folk on call for various jobs that have to get backup folk to cover them as the signal is dreadful never mind an internet signal. Ive had to do it.

Safe Standing absolutely does not make the club money

And theres only a few folk jumping up and down about it, the bulk of season ticket holders couldnt give a monkeys about Safe Standing.

Just pointing out the reality.

It might seem like a wish list in the short term but im fairly confident it can all be achieved. Especially when i think on a broad scale and how utterly inept the club was at all levels as recently 2015. Vast improvements to all aspects of the club have been made since then, and the trajctory is certainly going in the right direction.

Not much has improved I'm afraid. On numerous issues things are agreed and never implemented.

WiFi is a massive boost and it’s nothing to do with sitting on phone during play.

Sending texts and even checking scores of other games at half-time is near impossible at Ibrox.

It’s a basic part of modern day functionality and quite right to look into it.

Happy to hear about a membership scheme being introduced but will wait and see what it involves before saying if it will be for the greater good or not. It has to cover away tickets / semi final tickets for it to be worthwhile from my point of view. How it is priced will be interesting as well.

Disappointed not to see any information on Safe Standing in there, looks to be that Rangers don't want it. It is vital for the week to week atmosphere at Ibrox imo.

Before the centenary stand was built everyone apart from the main stand stood. Most weeks the atmosphere was shit.

Looks like that site takes you to a digital version of a leaflet they are going to distribute. Awful to read but hopefully they will be dishing these out at the next home game or as inserts to the matchday programme.

I'm in leeds membership scheme they have 3 levels of membership

Platinum
Gold ( which i'm in £50 )
silver

this allows to buy match tickets at certain times dependent on what membership you pay and you find by the time it gets to silver there are no or very little tickets left .............

leeds capacity is just over 37,000 and last season they had roughly 24,000 ST holders and another 21,000 on their membership schemes initially you could buy as much as 8 tickets per membership but that was reduced to 1 ticket per card holder come the middle of march ..........

so yes you could buy a membership and still end up without a ticket

Why you telling FF?

Email the club.
Done it previously and never even got a reply, Elior are the same and I complained about prices and quality of what was on offer, never got a reply from them either, that was a couple of years ago. So it sounds like sit down,give us your money,eat and be silent.

We the supporters are the ones who are making them vast profits from sales at Ibrox, on a pie alone they must be making at least a 300% profit on every pie they sell, looking at the bovril the profit would be even more insane, they could very easily bring down the prices and still make a very healthy profit, but they continue to offer crap quality with huge profits and we keep buying it, so nothing will change unless we do something about it, we're the customers.

There was a thread on recently about this.
A guy wanted a bottle of water, couldn't get one as it's not for sale. Cups of water are free, but the kiosks had run out of cups.
They offered to sell him a bovril which he could pour out in order to obtain a cup, but he couldn't pay by card anyway.

In true FF fashion, the poster was rounded on for daring to complain and for the crime of wanting bottled water instead of tap.

I'd love to see Rangers get this dealt with, as a chef it's hideous to see what my club thinks is an acceptable offering.

I had a similar thing a couple of years back myself.

My daughter wont touch fizzy juice and only drinks water.

Couldn't get her a drink to wash down the brick hard hot dog we'd bought her.

It's a fucking shite state of affairs and the club should be embarrassed about its catering. The hospitality is done to a great level so they can produce decent food.

It hasn't improved in 30 years.

Safe standing has to come in ffs.

The last I heard costings have been done for safe standing in the broomloan front

apparently it wasn’t priority last season but it must be said if it isn’t implemented at the end of this season then we’ve been spun a yarn and led a merry dance on this

I had a feeling burning away that the board were simply paying it lip service with no intention whatsoever of implementing it

I also said we would be the last top flight club in Scotland to do it, if we ever do

Don’t know if @Greg Marshall can give us any information on it as it stands ?

Done it previously and never even got a reply, Elior are the same and I complained about prices and quality of what was on offer, never got a reply from them either, that was a couple of years ago. So it sounds like sit down,give us your money,eat and be silent.

We the supporters are the ones who are making them vast profits from sales at Ibrox, on a pie alone they must be making at least a 300% profit on every pie they sell, looking at the bovril the profit would be even more insane, they could very easily bring down the prices and still make a very healthy profit, but they continue to offer crap quality with huge profits and we keep buying it, so nothing will change unless we do something about it, we're the customers.
I haven't bought any food inside Ibrox for a good number of years. Out of principle I refuse to. Others should do the same IMO, until such time the whole situation is resolved satisfactorily.

It's a fucking shite state of affairs and the club should be embarrassed about its catering. The hospitality is done to a great level so they can produce decent food.

It was better 30 years ago with the Bears Pakora :D

The last I heard costings have been done for safe standing in the broomloan front

apparently it wasn’t priority last season but it must be said if it isn’t implemented at the end of this season then we’ve been spun a yarn and led a merry dance on this

I had a feeling burning away that the board were simply paying it lip service with no intention whatsoever of implementing it

I also said we would be the last top flight club in Scotland to do it, if we ever do

Don’t know if @Greg Marshall can give us any information on it as it stands ?
I'd say we are definitely being strung along on safe standing. And that angers me greatly.

WiFi is a massive boost and it’s nothing to do with sitting on phone during play.

Sending texts and even checking scores of other games at half-time is near impossible at Ibrox.

It’s a basic part of modern day functionality and quite right to look into it.
Hope the %^*& we don't use Huawei again.... Shudder

I am a caterer, would love to revamp everything from scratch. Rangers need to have their own kitchens outside Ibrox, make everything themselves and take all the profit. There would of course be an initial outlay but we would be sorted for years and making the food the supporters wanted. I am sure fans would "buy direct" if it was good food, instead of the crap outside the stadium.

Not being able to get a bottle of water is inexcusable to be honest. It should just be a straight up no brainer basic requirement for any catering company to provide.

I suspect so and always have .
You look at people like Robertson and King. They are not in touch with fan culture. They want the "sit down shut up" approach. Frustrating!!

I believe that when Ross from UB's met with Gerrard last summer, SG couldn't believe they only had a small corner in BF1.

Hope the %^*& we don't use Huawei again.... Shudder

Safely assuming Chuck Green and his mates aren’t involved in the deal this time around...

youve put a smilie in there but that’s actually true what you’ve said .

20 years ago you could get a pizza slice , pakora , proper burgers in the club deck catering

it’s gone backwards now and is beyond embarrassing

Only vaguely remember the Bears Pakora and Championies Burger from when I was younger.

No idea if they were any good or not.

Back