Rangers announce membership scheme to start next year amongst other things.

a very good friend of mine runs an RSC so I’m all too aware of the work that goes into it.
I’ve also travelled on one a few times but I drive myself to games now and support the club by paying to park in the Albion.

I’ve no interest or want to punish RSC’s I just want all fans treated the same. At the minute I have one chance of getting a ticket. You being in an RSC have two and that is fundamentally wrong regardless of how much work, effort and time the bus conveynor does.
It’s not fundamentally wrong though, it’s fundamentally wrong in your opinion. If it is so wrong why do thousands do it or intend to do it? Many of the boys who get tickets from the RSC are boys who spend a majority of their income on Rangers. These boys are thus rewarded for their dedication. If you have an issue with that then I honestly don’t know what to say.

It’s not fundamentally wrong though, it’s fundamentally wrong in your opinion. If it is so wrong why do thousands do it or intend to do it? Many of the boys who get tickets from the RSC are boys who spend a majority of their income on Rangers. These boys are thus rewarded for their dedication. If you have an issue with that then I honestly don’t know what to say.

Embarassing that an admin is hitting out with stuff like that.

They do provide drinking water, you ask for it and they give you it in a paper cup.
You mean we don’t have those water wanting machines that come and give you it when you want it but don’t ask? Hopefully we get the new eco version which knows you want it but can tell you don’t like water, thus saving water waste. It’ll be embarrassing if we don’t.

A lot of decent sounding stuff there, highlights for me
- Membership scheme
- New Ibrox Wi-fi system
- New Rangers app
- New Website
- New RangersTV app
- Improvements to Catering
- Improvements to overall matchday experience

What would really top it off is if we got permission for a proper fan zone, and safe standing (ideally Copland Front). Excited to find out what plans are in place for the anniversary celebrations. Would like to see the Ibrox area really revamped and invested in, obviously that would include Edmiston House and the Fan Zone across the road.
I wish I'd just stopped reading this thread after this post!
Loads of positive stuff that we've had people on here demanding for years but the ink's not even dry on the proposals and the whole thing's turned into a bunfight!
In the main these are all decent and welcome proposals and I hope the club follows through with them.

Equally there will be fans that drive to all games that spend a lot of their income on Rangers

They only have the cccs to gain a ticket, folk that go on buses have cccs and their rsc

I would like matchday programmes sold inside ground as sometimes my bus runs late and I have to rush to get in so miss the sellers outside

We are all the same. We are all Rangers fans. If you are a season ticket holder then no other season ticket holder is better or a bigger fan than any other.

It’s pretty obvious why thousands do it isn’t it? They do it because they are getting twice the chance.

it’s irrelevant which majority or percentage of their income is spent on Rangers their £1in their wages is worth the same as the £1 in my wages.

a lot of folk get a bus because they like to be driven and they like a drink before the game - none of that money is going to Rangers so don’t start with the dedication nonsense. We are all dedicated hence why we are on here discussing it.

It seems pointless continuing the conversation as you are not seeing the bigger picture and why should or sound you, you are in an RSC and you’re loving getting double the chance for tickets.

if everyone on CCCS got double the opportunities for tickets compared to the RSC folk then your opinions on fairness and dedication would quickly change.

all I want is for every regular match attending fan to have the same chance of a ticket. Simple as that and it’s something that no sane, level headed person should disagree with.

Delivering is the problem, not concocting a wishlist.
Each of those items would require a dedicated management resource which would be in short supply at Ibrox. The thin blue line!
It’s not just delivering each item it has to delivered 100% correctly with no snags. Our fan base aren’t known for patience!!
Get one or 2 items done at a time. What’s the rush? Prioritise the list and get the fans favourites done first.

And for how many years would you like to see RSC’s rewarded for that?

if you are in an RSC you have a “chance” of a ticket for a match, if you are on the CCCS then you get a chance as well. Therefore 2 chances.

If you are registered for an RSC then you shouldn’t be allowed on the CCCS.

simple as that.

People on CCCS only can get more than one chance if for example they use their pals season ticket for CCCS for away games or semi's and finalsm

Here's some advice for our "catering partner" The food is shite, overpriced and just a rip off especially if you have family's coming with young kids, football is expensive enough without being further ripped off with trying to feed them.

There is no need to have a partner in dealing with food, there is also nothing stopping us employing people to run our own catering and all profits would go to the club rather than some greedy corperate french company where money and profit is more important than quality and customer satisfaction.

In 2019 we shouldn't still be looking at a very limited menu and should also be pro active in encouraging healthy eating for our young fans and us adults, not having to bite into rock hard pies which would snap your teeth at times and be overcharged for the pleasure.

Elior offer nothing to our catering and their motto is buy low and charge what you like, I've seen plenty of suggestions for boycotts over the years and Elior should have been targetted with one and told to remove their fingers and start supplying decent food at decent prices instead of ripping the fans off.
The possibilities for this are endless. Ask the big food outlets ie Gregg's, subway, KFC, McDonalds how much they would pay for space inside Ibrox.

Equally there will be fans that drive to all games that spend a lot of their income on Rangers

They only have the cccs to gain a ticket, folk that go on buses have cccs and their rsc
Obviously I don’t speak for the whole rangers support, and can only speak from my experiences. I’m honestly just sick of the stick that RSC’s get from certain posters. The first opportunity some get, they stick the boot in.

We are all the same. We are all Rangers fans. If you are a season ticket holder then no other season ticket holder is better or a bigger fan than any other.

It’s pretty obvious why thousands do it isn’t it? They do it because they are getting twice the chance.

it’s irrelevant which majority or percentage of their income is spent on Rangers their £1in their wages is worth the same as the £1 in my wages.

a lot of folk get a bus because they like to be driven and they like a drink before the game - none of that money is going to Rangers so don’t start with the dedication nonsense. We are all dedicated hence why we are on here discussing it.

It seems pointless continuing the conversation as you are not seeing the bigger picture and why should or sound you, you are in an RSC and you’re loving getting double the chance for tickets.

if everyone on CCCS got double the opportunities for tickets compared to the RSC folk then your opinions on fairness and dedication would quickly change.

all I want is for every regular match attending fan to have the same chance of a ticket. Simple as that and it’s something that no sane, level headed person should disagree with.
No, let’s not end this conversation. The argument that we’re all equal is complete and utter nonsense in my opinion. Where I sit in Ibrox, the seat next to me is empty every game of the season bar 2. Are you trying to claim to me that the supporter who sits in that seat is as dedicated as a fan who goes to every game, home and away, and if he is signed up to the Away CCCS deserves to be at away games more than another fan who would go to any game possible, whereas he may not go to the likes of Livingston Away but would go to the piggery should he get a ticket?

You claim that the reason I am getting up in a fuss about this is that I am getting 2 shots at away tickets whereas others only get 1. If you have that much of an issue with it, join an RSC. I can comfortably tell you that many RSC’s and their members put much, much more into the club than you think. You simply seem annoyed and slightly jealous that others are getting to attend more games than you. That’s understandable, but you shouldn’t take that frustration out on the likes of me, I’m simply making light of a poorly designed system.

It was even better 40 years ago with the Cheese or Ham rolls sold from a cardboard box.:))
Ham? :) :) :)
It was usually a cheap alternative spam substitute!
As the boxes housing these delicacies were papped on the ground in cardboard boxes (the same ground that most Bears relieved themselves of the pint or ten they had pre match) the trick was to find a box that was nearly full and the pish hadn't soaked too much up into the cardboard!
NEVER buy one from the bottom of the box! :eek:
If that was all that was left you just had to make do with a wrigleys spearmint chewing gum or a macaroon bar!
And folk are complaining about the catering nowadays?
:)

Rangers get increased revenues
Rangers buy better players and improve the Ibrox infrastructure

You go next with the con part
Paying for the privilege of a chance of buying an away ticket is a con.Dress it up whatever way you want but that's what it is.

Last edited:
Serious question, does anyone know of the people who took part in this face to face survey?

I always hear about people being part of one and have never known anyone to be in attendance. Why as a ST, have I never had the opportunity to take part in anything like this? Will that be a benefit of being a member?

Almost feels like the club have a sort of closed shop in terms of this.

Oh christ, I remember the last time there was big investment in Wi-Fi. Can't people just watch the game instead of sitting on their phones. Some people see more of the match through their mobile screen when they are there.
Totally agree on the use of phones when the game is on - but what about before the game, half time, and after the game an upgraded WiFi would be brilliant

You are looking at this from the

if you are in an RSC you have a “chance” of a ticket for a match, if you are on the CCCS then you get a chance as well. Therefore 2 chances.

simple as that.

You are looking at this from the fans perspective.
Try to see it from the clubs perspective. The easiest and most cost effective way for the club to distribute away tickets is via part RSC and part CCCS where fans have already shown they want away tickets. To distribute via a ballot for every game would be difficult to administer for the club. At Livingston away recently 250 tickets were not taken up by CCCS and the club had to send out new emails offering tickets again. RSC would have shifted those tickets no bother. Just because people tick the away game box in July doesn’t mean they are always available to go to any one particular fixture in February.
Keep it simple.

Well let's hope that's a none starter regarding non-ST holder getting away tickets, that won't happen thankfully.

Ideally the membership can be open for all but as a ST holder it entitles you to apply for domestic away games / euro aways / semis etc. Being a non-ST it then entitles you to priority sales on home games etc plus other benefits.
With respect I think you will need to ask why supporters club receive a home and away ticket allocation- these tickets are available to non season ticket holders who purchase them from supporters clubs and cannot afford the lump sum payment for season tickets but can afford to purchase tickets on a weekly basis from their budget - I know of 4 such people and they never miss a game and are not random supporters looking for tickets

The reason the catering has never changed is because people buy the stuff in their thousands every week, even though its shite and overpriced.

Obviously I don’t speak for the whole rangers support, and can only speak from my experiences. I’m honestly just sick of the stick that RSC’s get from certain posters. The first opportunity some get, they stick the boot in.

No, let’s not end this conversation. The argument that we’re all equal is complete and utter nonsense in my opinion. Where I sit in Ibrox, the seat next to me is empty every game of the season bar 2. Are you trying to claim to me that the supporter who sits in that seat is as dedicated as a fan who goes to every game, home and away, and if he is signed up to the Away CCCS deserves to be at away games more than another fan who would go to any game possible, whereas he may not go to the likes of Livingston Away but would go to the piggery should he get a ticket?

You claim that the reason I am getting up in a fuss about this is that I am getting 2 shots at away tickets whereas others only get 1. If you have that much of an issue with it, join an RSC. I can comfortably tell you that many RSC’s and their members put much, much more into the club than you think. You simply seem annoyed and slightly jealous that others are getting to attend more games than you. That’s understandable, but you shouldn’t take that frustration out on the likes of me, I’m simply making light of a poorly designed system.

Bringing in anomalies like the empty season ticket seat beside you is scraping the barrel mate. The seat owner could be seriously ill and registered for an RSC

You don’t deserve more than anyone else just cos you decide to travel on a bus. You need to understand that. Just as you can “comfortably tell me that loads of RSC members put money into the club I can tell you comfortably that loads of CCCS do too...

I’m not annoyed and certainly not jealous. If I wanted to travel on a bus I would but I don’t. I want fairness for all and not just for me. You just want the same old RSC arrangement as it suits you. You’re being selfish and only thinking of you.

poorly designed is right. At least we agree on one thing.

They do provide drinking water, you ask for it and they give you it in a paper cup.

Another poster pointed out that they ran out of cups and couldn’t provide it unless he bought a bovril to empty out.

They should have bottled water and enough cups to pour into. It’s a poor catering offering that isn’t even prepared for that.

Only vaguely remember the Bears Pakora and Championies Burger from when I was younger.

No idea if they were any good or not.
They were good- and don’t forget the bags of Rangers crisps when we done our own catering- we even had a Rangers catering burger van outside the stadium for a spell

Paying for the privilege of a chance of buying an away ticket is a con.Dress it up whatever way you want but that's what it is.
I don't go to away games in Scotland, even IF that is part of the scheme
But I will most likely have a membership

So lets say the away ticket part you mention is not part of it, you ok with it then?

Bringing in anomalies like the empty season ticket seat beside you is scraping the barrel mate. The seat owner could be seriously ill and registered for an RSC

You don’t deserve more than anyone else just cos you decide to travel on a bus. You need to understand that. Just as you can “comfortably tell me that loads of RSC members put money into the club I can tell you comfortably that loads of CCCS do too...

I’m not annoyed and certainly not jealous. If I wanted to travel on a bus I would but I don’t. I want fairness for all and not just for me. You just want the same old RSC arrangement as it suits you. You’re being selfish and only thinking of you.

I see you still haven't answered my question from earlier. If an additional membership scheme was set up which promised people a better chance of being allocated away tickets, would you join it?

So I’m now selfish for wanting to support my team. You’re simply avoiding fact, I’m not saying you’re annoyed or jealous at not travelling on a bus, I’m saying that you’re annoyed and jealous that you’re not getting to as many games, that’s why you want the system changed, so it benefits you more. Don’t try and take the moral high ground with ‘fairness to all’, that’s not the reason you want it changed.

So I’m now selfish for wanting to support my team. You’re simply avoiding fact, I’m not saying you’re annoyed or jealous at not travelling on a bus, I’m saying that you’re annoyed and jealous that you’re not getting to as many games, that’s why you want the system changed, so it benefits you more. Don’t try and take the moral high ground with ‘fairness to all’, that’s not the reason you want it changed.
And you don’t want it changed because you are unfairly getting 2 shots at every ticket...

you obviously see yourself and your bus travellers as better fans than others. It’s a shame.

I see you still haven't answered my question from earlier. If an additional membership scheme was set up which promised people a better chance of being allocated away tickets, would you join it?

I don’t think so no as it’s just going to muddy the waters further. If it became the only way for absolutely everyone to get them then yes I’d be interested in a scheme like that. If it was just going to give CCCS 2 chances and RSC’s 3 chances at every ticket then it can get in the bin.

People moaning about not needing WiFi think about this

I have to get to my MRA turnstile 30 mins before kick off because some people are still to stupid to be able to use a simple turnstile and because of these people the queues build up so I have to be there 30 mins before to comfortably get in For kick off , I then have to sit for 15/20 minutes staring at my feet as there is no connection in Ibrox it’s 2019 I should be able to sit on my phone with WiFi waiting For the game to start and not just blankly staring forward
Jesus christ.

Trying speaking to someone, or watch the team.

And you don’t want it changed because you are unfairly getting 2 shots at every ticket...

you obviously see yourself and your bus travellers as better fans than others. It’s a shame.
I don’t see us as better fans, I do believe that there are some fans who are more dedicated to Rangers than others though, and they should be rewarded for that. You however, have an issue with people who get tickets through RSC’s, whenever there is a post about away tickets, it seems like you are moaning about RSC’s.

I do want it changed, but I do not under any circumstance want what is currently in place in another format. It doesn’t work.

RSC’s don’t get enough tickets to give every match going bus member “two bites at the cherry”. 4 tickets between 40 doesn’t go, so don’t even pretend it does. RSCs absorbed tickets when hardly anyone was on the away scheme in the lower leagues. Most took financial hits. Of course, you knew that :)

Spot on. A+ got 4 for Hearts and 3 for Ross County for and none of our members picked up on the CCCS. Nightmare for a bus with over 60 members and with around 10 core guys going away wherever possible.

Now we’re back in the top league and competing we have thousands of new members joining the CCCS who weren’t interested previously. Funny that...

RSC's already are struggling with away tickets as it is with ticket cuts from other SPFL teams.A lot now share buses with other clubs certainly how we do most away days now.RSC's are still how most get to away games from what I see.Lose RSC's and we'll lose the away support over time.Keep on cutting their tickets and that's what'll happen imo.For me they are and have been the lifeblood of the club for generations.

I don’t think so no as it’s just going to muddy the waters further. If it became the only way for absolutely everyone to get them then yes I’d be interested in a scheme like that. If it was just going to give CCCS 2 chances and RSC’s 3 chances at every ticket then it can get in the bin.

I don't see why your nose is out of joint so much about people having multiple ways of getting tickets. Even outside of RSC's, I know of people who get tickets from mates and family members who are on the cccs but don't go to away games.

Just about every club will have more than one way of distributing tickets. Why should it be cccs and cccs only?

I go down every avenue I can to get a ticket for our games. If that gives me an advantage over others then sorry but that's life.

I don't go to away games in Scotland, even IF that is part of the scheme
But I will most likely have a membership

So lets say the away ticket part you mention is not part of it, you ok with it then?
The only way they'd get significant numbers on a membership scheme would be by using away ticket access as a selling point.I think charging people 20/30/50 whatever it may be on top of paying for a season ticket for the chance of going in a ballot for an away ticket is taking the piss and then some.

simple as that.

You’ll have a chance at a ticket through the RSC if you attend enough games home & away to warrant one. Most, if not all RSC’s operate a local points system which many bears make big sacrifices to ensure they are near the top. Work, family etc take 2nd place.

RSCs provide bears with the opportunity to travel all over the county and abroad where it otherwise wouldn’t be possible. By removing their members from the CCCS you’d put the majority out the game because it just wouldn’t be manageable. Think about that and what it would mean for our away support.

Last edited:
Bottled water can be poured in to a paper cup just like they do at concerts etc.

No excuse for not being able to provide clean drinking water tbh.
Water drinking fountains should be made available free of charge. In Holland at a pop concert on a 30+degree day the organizers pushed the price up to 6 euro's for a small bottle of water. The Dutch government made it part of getting a licence that you have to provide free water.

Don’t really understand why people want membership. I can’t imagine what benefits will be offered that will merit an extra £30 or whatever coming out my account.

My season ticket better not be dependent on having one.
My experience down south was that you could not be a season ticket holder and have a membership. The membership was effectively a second tier method of getting tickets etc after the season ticket holders' sale was over and you accumulate loyalty points to move up in priority, similar to our travel club.

Be interesting to see how this is structured. In honesty with the way the demand is im not sure what the best way of operating is. Theres always going to be issues.

RSCs will hopefully be looked after as running buses with the current set up is all most impossible at times and if RSCs are forced out of running it will be a huge loss.

The only way they'd get significant numbers on a membership scheme would be by using away ticket access as a selling point.I think charging people 20/30/50 whatever it may be on top of paying for a season ticket for the chance of going in a ballot for an away ticket is taking the piss and then some.
We will see what it brings, but I tend to disagree

The point of a membership scheme should be that non season ticket holders and bears all over the world can be members

Quick look at Liverpool's scheme, was just the first one that came up when I Googled

Back