Rangers announce membership scheme to start next year amongst other things.

Obviously I don’t speak for the whole rangers support, and can only speak from my experiences. I’m honestly just sick of the stick that RSC’s get from certain posters. The first opportunity some get, they stick the boot in.

No, let’s not end this conversation. The argument that we’re all equal is complete and utter nonsense in my opinion. Where I sit in Ibrox, the seat next to me is empty every game of the season bar 2. Are you trying to claim to me that the supporter who sits in that seat is as dedicated as a fan who goes to every game, home and away, and if he is signed up to the Away CCCS deserves to be at away games more than another fan who would go to any game possible, whereas he may not go to the likes of Livingston Away but would go to the piggery should he get a ticket?

You claim that the reason I am getting up in a fuss about this is that I am getting 2 shots at away tickets whereas others only get 1. If you have that much of an issue with it, join an RSC. I can comfortably tell you that many RSC’s and their members put much, much more into the club than you think. You simply seem annoyed and slightly jealous that others are getting to attend more games than you. That’s understandable, but you shouldn’t take that frustration out on the likes of me, I’m simply making light of a poorly designed system.
Perhaps we should look backwards at how away tickets were distributed years ago- if you really wanted an away ticket you applied on a match to match basis by sending in a voucher and took your chance in the ticket office ballot - this is why we have the current system in place - far too many supporters claimed the previous ballot system was unfair- something’s never changed

Ham? :) :) :)
It was usually a cheap alternative spam substitute!
As the boxes housing these delicacies were papped on the ground in cardboard boxes (the same ground that most Bears relieved themselves of the pint or ten they had pre match) the trick was to find a box that was nearly full and the pish hadn't soaked too much up into the cardboard!
NEVER buy one from the bottom of the box! :eek:
If that was all that was left you just had to make do with a wrigleys spearmint chewing gum or a macaroon bar!
And folk are complaining about the catering nowadays?
:)
Don't forget the Chipmonk ready salted crisps.:p

Perhaps we should look backwards at how away tickets were distributed years ago- if you really wanted an away ticket you applied on a match to match basis by sending in a voucher and took your chance in the ticket office ballot - this is why we have the current system in place - far too many supporters claimed the previous ballot system was unfair- something’s never changed
You’re never, ever going to please everyone. Whatever system replaces this one will have its flaws as well. The worst part is that this system currently wasn’t that bad originally. The problem we had was that as we rose through the leagues you had more people who decided they wanted to start going to away games as the quality of team we were playing increased. Obviously we have to take into account the boycott as well, but even when that is taken into consideration, I remember our season in league 1, I hardly missed a game as I received a fair amount on the cccs as well as picking up quite a few from other sources on the way. I believe the system should’ve been capped at 10,000 and supporters allowed in on a 1 in 1 out basis until a new system, which took into account loyalty, was put into place.

You’re never, ever going to please everyone. Whatever system replaces this one will have its flaws as well. The worst part is that this system currently wasn’t that bad originally. The problem we had was that as we rose through the leagues you had more people who decided they wanted to start going to away games as the quality of team we were playing increased. Obviously we have to take into account the boycott as well, but even when that is taken into consideration, I remember our season in league 1, I hardly missed a game as I received a fair amount on the cccs as well as picking up quite a few from other sources on the way. I believe the system should’ve been capped at 10,000 and supporters allowed in on a 1 in 1 out basis until a new system, which took into account loyalty, was put into place.

Here’s my idea . The current system is capped at current levels. 1 in one out basis . Waiting list can be created if required. Start of next season people are told for next 3-5 years the current system will remain. Cccs balloted and every fan gets equal amount. They are also told in 3-5 years a loyalty based scheme will be introduced. It is based on all rangers domestic games. Home, away, Hampden, Every time you scan your season ticket to enter a match you get a point, if you can’t attend only way to not lose a point is supersub secondary ticketing thing, win-win for club. Every game at Hampden everyone applies for a point like travel club, if you then get offered a ticket and don’t take it you don’t get a point. Same for away games. Any games you get offered and don’t pay you don’t get a point. Should mean the most dedicated people rise to the top by end of year 5.

Unfortunately I think part of the problem in the current scheme has been the other clubs refusing to confirm how many tickets the Rangers fans will receive BEFORE the season starts - at least back when they did tell how many tickets you could then know how many tickets you had been allocated before the season began - now you are told you have a ticket with very little notice - not perfect, but at least you could make arrangements to source tickets for games you did not get in the ballot many weeks or months in advance - but now you have barely a fortnight to try and source tickets along with every other Tom, Dick and Harry

Here’s my idea . The current system is capped at current levels. 1 in one out basis . Waiting list can be created if required. Start of next season people are told for next 3-5 years the current system will remain. Cccs balloted and every fan gets equal amount. They are also told in 3-5 years a loyalty based scheme will be introduced. It is based on all rangers domestic games. Home, away, Hampden, Every time you scan your season ticket to enter a match you get a point, if you can’t attend only way to not lose a point is supersub secondary ticketing thing, win-win for club. Every game at Hampden everyone applies for a point like travel club, if you then get offered a ticket and don’t take it you don’t get a point. Same for away games. Any games you get offered and don’t pay you don’t get a point. Should mean the most dedicated people rise to the top by end of year 5.
Flawed idea - everyone take tickets offered and passes on any tickets they can’t use = they still receive the point = no change from current system

Flawed idea - everyone take tickets offered and passes on any tickets they can’t use = they still receive the point = no change from current system

I think that’s gonna happen in any system though. I don’t think a good system actual exists it’s impossible as long as demand outstrips supply. For away games there’s literally 2 options

1. Current scheme with every fan getting equal amount of tickets
2. A loyal based scheme where things like you said with tickets getting sold on occurs

There is no 3rd option unless someone wants to tell me one

I actually really like this idea, especially the concept of basing a new system off a previous x amount of years attendance, I actually think that would work. Would need to be like the travel club, where the earliest year is chopped at the start of every season, but if you were to factor in home games attended, it would likely be the fairest way. Obviously you would have the issue of some people taking the ticket and selling on, but the hope would be that that would be minimised due to the most dedicated being at the top.

A lot of decent sounding stuff there, highlights for me
- Membership scheme
- New Ibrox Wi-fi system
- New Rangers app
- New Website
- New RangersTV app
- Improvements to Catering
- Improvements to overall matchday experience
Sounds great! Anyone know if this is off the back of the survey from what, 18 months ago?

Hopefully the membership scheme sorts out away tickets as it’s a bit of a fiasco at the moment. Not to mention RSC members getting 2 bites of the cherry at the expense of other supporters.

We got 2 bites at the Cherry when we were in the lower leagues and loads of spare tkts then with smaller allocations...

Now we are doing good and Steve G is here that's all you hear...
Went from 4/5 tkts on cccs to probably 2 but hearing its unfair...

Didn't really need 2 bites when we played Arbroath on the Monday night....Stranraer on the Thursday...Forfar...QOTS...Montrose etc lunchtime Sunday as there were folk getting left with unsold tkts at these games...Its not a staunch post or whatever someone wants turn it into but a fact...

People moaning about not needing WiFi think about this

I have to get to my MRA turnstile 30 mins before kick off because some people are still to stupid to be able to use a simple turnstile and because of these people the queues build up so I have to be there 30 mins before to comfortably get in For kick off , I then have to sit for 15/20 minutes staring at my feet as there is no connection in Ibrox it’s 2019 I should be able to sit on my phone with WiFi waiting For the game to start and not just blankly staring forward

Jesus Christ , what did you do before mobile phones ? Is it so much to ask you aren’t on it for a huge twenty minutes before kickoff ??

RSCs are the backbone of the away support, lumbered with the task of shifting tickets for the less favourable fixtures when we get a big allocation.

With risk should come reward, otherwise what incentive is there for them to run?

Another poster pointed out that they ran out of cups and couldn’t provide it unless he bought a bovril to empty out.

They should have bottled water and enough cups to pour into. It’s a poor catering offering that isn’t even prepared for that.

They could have just gave him the Bovril cup without Bovril so no need to pour it out. I'd assume that's down to lack of common sense from the kid in the kiosk rather than a company policy.

If WiFi is one of the top items to come out of this fan survey we really deserve all we get (nothing).

Who gives a flying f**k if the WiFi is decent or no? Can the gamblers not wait till 5pm to check their coupon? Madness that is one of the main items on there.

Safe Standing should be one of the very first items on that document.

Can't cash out at 5pm

I don't see why your nose is out of joint so much about people having multiple ways of getting tickets. Even outside of RSC's, I know of people who get tickets from mates and family members who are on the cccs but don't go to away games.

Just about every club will have more than one way of distributing tickets. Why should it be cccs and cccs only?

I go down every avenue I can to get a ticket for our games. If that gives me an advantage over others then sorry but that's life.

I’ve no issue with there being more than one way as long as that way is available to all. Not just folk on a bus getting special treatment.

I don’t see us as better fans, I do believe that there are some fans who are more dedicated to Rangers than others though, and they should be rewarded for that. You however, have an issue with people who get tickets through RSC’s, whenever there is a post about away tickets, it seems like you are moaning about RSC’s.

I do want it changed, but I do not under any circumstance want what is currently in place in another format. It doesn’t work.

no issue with folk getting a ticket through their RSC. My issue is with them putting their hand out twice while other fans who make their own way to the game can only do it once.

And for how many years would you like to see RSC’s rewarded for that?

if you are in an RSC you have a “chance” of a ticket for a match, if you are on the CCCS then you get a chance as well. Therefore 2 chances.

If you are registered for an RSC then you shouldn’t be allowed on the CCCS.

simple as that.

RSCs are the lifeblood of the support, taking away tickets from them would be ridiculous. It’s also funny that you attack RSCs rather than club / corporate issue tickets.

So under your daft rule you’d have even less chance of getting to an away game by joining an RSC. Would you apply your rule for games at Hampden too?

Also factor in the roles RSCs play in the community. RSCs help people who’d otherwise struggle to travel to games. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to drive to Ibrox.

If you’re so upset about RSCs getting 2,3,4 tickets for an away game then you should join one. You too would get a second bite at the cherry!

Jesus christ.

Trying speaking to someone, or watch the team.

I don’t touch the phone from kick off to full time and don’t leave till the final whistle but I’m 18 so sorta live on my phone and can’t speak to people I don’t know for whatever reason

I think the current away CCS system is too easy to lump onto even if you have no intention of taking tickets for yourself, the number applying could be reduced by a few steps.

1/ Membership card bit like the travel club card, which costs money and is an effort to apply for which will weed out a few to begin with

2/ Express an interest by game so again it requires effort

3/ As others have mentioned points accrued for swiping season ticket at home games and applying for and purchasing away tickets if offered

Yes it would be a lot of admin but say 10,000 members at £20 per season more than covers an extra couple of ticket centre staff.

The travel club system isn’t perfect but by and large it rewards loyalty and people tend to know where they stand with it!

RSCs are the lifeblood of the support, taking away tickets from them would be ridiculous. It’s also funny that you attack RSCs rather than club / corporate issue tickets.

So under your daft rule you’d have even less chance of getting to an away game by joining an RSC. Would you apply your rule for games at Hampden too?

Also factor in the roles RSCs play in the community. RSCs help people who’d otherwise struggle to travel to games. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to drive to Ibrox.

If you’re so upset about RSCs getting 2,3,4 tickets for an away game then you should join one. You too would get a second bite at the cherry!

no interest in taking the roc tickets away, RSC's should get tickets from the club as they do. I just wouldn't let them on the CCCS as well.

Just my opinion, if you are in an RSC you won't agree as its like Turkeys voting for Christmas. I though just want all match attending supporters having the same chance of tickets. simple as that.

RSC's should always get first dibs on tickets, imo. I say this as someone who is not involved in any RSC.

There’s members of RSCs who will be on away cccs only for the 3/4 games they’ll get not everyone so the two bites is rubbish, I’m lucky to get near enough every game bar Celtic but I’ve been on away scheme since long before 2012 why should people who only appear when we’re competitive again get the same chance as me when they couldn’t be arsed years ago.

It should’ve been a one in one out system or points introduced after the spivs were outed

Last edited:
They could join a bus?

It’s open to everyone.

What if a bus doesn’t suit their circumstances?

I’m a member of an RSC but there’s been occasions where I’ve had to take the car to midweek away games and had to leave straight from work to head through to Edinburgh as I wouldn’t have made the bus.

I assume there will be others that drive to games because it’s their preference and maybe don’t live near an RSC that goes to away games?

There’s members of RSCs who will be on away cccs only for the 3/4 games they’ll get not everyone so the two bites is rubbish, I’m lucky to get near enough every game bar Celtic but I’ve been on away scheme since long before 2012 why should people who only appear when we’re competitive again get the same chance as me when they couldn’t be arsed years ago.

It should’ve been a one in one out system or points introduced after the spivs were outed
I got Celtic once last season also and every other game but I also source myself to help RSC be able to distribute tickets for example this season all I’ve needed really was hearts from bus got St Johnstone to but sources rest myself which helps free up tickets for others

I appreciate it's probably to costly and impossible maybe but I'd love to see various different types of food stalls spread across the concourse. Maybe even franchises as well. Like Italian, Chinese, indian, Dominos, subway etc. Not specific to them but you get the point. Go to stadiums like Murrayfield you get all these variations in vans outside thst you can take food in. It's so much better.

I appreciate it's probably to costly and impossible maybe but I'd love to see various different types of food stalls spread across the concourse. Maybe even franchises as well. Like Italian, Chinese, indian, Dominos, subway etc. Not specific to them but you get the point. Go to stadiums like Murrayfield you get all these variations in vans outside thst you can take food in. It's so much better.
I really enjoyed murrayfield for that hearts game the other season excellent stadium

What if a bus doesn’t suit their circumstances?

I’m a member of an RSC but there’s been occasions where I’ve had to take the car to midweek away games and had to leave straight from work to head through to Edinburgh as I wouldn’t have made the bus.

I assume there will be others that drive to games because it’s their preference and maybe don’t live near an RSC that goes to away games?

Did you skip past The could part.

I never said they should

Post is getting a bit out of hand

Should I come off FF Tkt Page as that gives me 3 bites lol

If WiFi is one of the top items to come out of this fan survey we really deserve all we get (nothing).

Who gives a flying f**k if the WiFi is decent or no? Can the gamblers not wait till 5pm to check their coupon? Madness that is one of the main items on there.

Safe Standing should be one of the very first items on that document.

I guess the atmosphere is of little concern to some. No wonder the stadium is half empty before the games finish. I watched the players on sunday clapping thousands of empty seats.

A proper CEO would be sitting in that directors box seeing the shite atmosphere at 90% of home games, UB's tucked away in BF1 etc. and he would to take action to sort it. Safe standing is not impossible - it is easily possible. If you want it to be........

"A proper CEO" you say.

With the catering contract supposedly finishing in Summer 2020, Rangers have a real opportunity to find a solution to the catering situation with a suitable partner.

The common feedback appears to be good quality food with reasonable pricing. A good variety of food and drink that can be purchased quickly via electronic payments. Maybe even a giro-vend system using the membership card would be good to speed up queuing etc.

Modernising the concourses in order to take account of these improvements are essential.

There's a monopoly on away tickets......imo it should be spread out......we have fans who snap up away tickets showing loyalty and pass them on so they can get the big games when they come it's shite and unfair.

The possibilities for this are endless. Ask the big food outlets ie Gregg's, subway, KFC, McDonalds how much they would pay for space inside Ibrox.

Probably wouldn't be interested. The cost of installing the equipment they need plus staffing for outlets that are only used for a few hours once every 2 weeks on average won't be worth it never mind paying rent as well.

Quite typical of a Rangers board to be honest, we’ll get what they want and we’ll accept it.

Safe standing, catering & a membership scheme should be the priorities. A membership scheme that offers rtv, points systems for away tickets & rewards with other service partners. I’d pay a monthly sub for that.

Safe standing is a must, they’ve ignored it, it’s now time for them to tell us why.

The catering is beyond awful, I now take bottled water and fruit juice and snacks for the weans as I’m not feeding them the shite they serve inside the ground. I’ve been approached by the stewards and not once have they removed anything. They have no argument when presented with the facts.

Regarding a membership scheme, I'd like it done in a way similar to this for ST holders.

Gold - access to apply for all away tickets, travel club membership included, access to semi / final tickets, RTV access tc etc etc

Silver - similar to above but maybe excluding travel club or away tickets

Bronze - again excluding a benefit from the tiers above

FWIW I don't think it'll be like that but that is something that would help reduce the away ticket membership imo, depending on how it would be priced.

There’s no much point debating away tickets . The fact is demand outstrips supply sometimes 10 times over for the bigger games. While that remains there’s no solution and people just have to accept the 2/3 games a year from cccs and if they want more source them from RSC or their own source

no interest in taking the roc tickets away, RSC's should get tickets from the club as they do. I just wouldn't let them on the CCCS as well.

Just my opinion, if you are in an RSC you won't agree as its like Turkeys voting for Christmas. I though just want all match attending supporters having the same chance of tickets. simple as that.

Most people’s motivation for joining RSCs isn’t for ticket reasons. So why should they be punished for that? Not every RSC runs a bus to away games - 2,3,4 tickets makes it unfeasible to do so anyway. We had a bus to Hampden last year - most of our bus is on CCCS so got tickets, our RSC got allocated 5 tickets (not enough for our 40 odd folk on the bus!!).

Selling tickets on this forum doesn’t give all match going fans an equal chance of tickets. So does being a poster here mean I’ve got a third bite of a cherry?

“The stadium music is terrible.

It should be Rangers songs only that are played.

I also feel when we score I prefer the natural noise of the fans roaring rather than some rave song blasting over the top of us.”

This quote here was saying to my newphew just the other week it’s just noise that’s not required

Back