Rangers announce membership scheme to start next year amongst other things.

The membership scheme seems a good idea on the face of it, it will raise more money for the club and I as a non season ticket holder would be happy to join.

Interesting reading previous posts re away ticket allocations, RSCs, etc. Something I seldom consider as I don't travel away, I do work with a few guys who travel away, including Europe, so can appreciate the difficulties faced trying to secure away tickets. Quite a complex issue in my view, the club needs to meet a demand that outstrips supply. Those scrambling for tickets are dedicated fans spending serious money, the club has the difficult task of implementing a fair system whilst all proceeds from these ticket sales goes to the home club.

From a probably selfish point of view, I will share my frustrations as a non season ticket holder. I attend home matches with my daughter, both of us are on the waiting list but there is little chance of us getting season tickets together in the near future. I'm hoping the membership scheme includes some form of loyalty system for non season ticket holders. We have both managed to get tickets for all home matches (league/europe/friendlies) this season, via public sale/secondary ticketing - with the exception of the Celtic match which wasn't offered for public sale. I know I have zero entitlement to a ticket for the Celtic match, but it's frustrating there is currently no way of even being given any opportunity to apply for one when attending all other home games.

No loyalty system will ever be perfect. Sunday's against Hamilton was a prime example for me, there were several people selling handfuls of tickets outside the Subway. Any loyalty points would presumably go to those selling the tickets and not those who bought them and actually attended the match.

Hopefully the membership scheme, however it is implemented, gives all those wanting to regularly attend games either home or away the best chance of doing so. The dynamics of our support is so wide and varied, it will take a smarter person than me to come up with a scheme that satisfies everyone.

Wifi. Makes club money. Official Wifi betting partner. Official wifi sponsor.

Theres folk on call for various jobs that have to get backup folk to cover them as the signal is dreadful never mind an internet signal. Ive had to do it.

Safe Standing absolutely does not make the club money

And theres only a few folk jumping up and down about it, the bulk of season ticket holders couldnt give a monkeys about Safe Standing.

Just pointing out the reality.

Aye but atmosphere n’at

Many big clubs on the continent offer a membership scheme. This isn't remotely connected to ST ownership. There will be benefits to it and stuff but its mainly a way for fans to further finance their club. Think Benfica have the biggest membership, could be wrong.
Strong desire for a scheme,financial benefit to the club.......get it done.

would fans pay an extra £100 +£400,000 for the installation of safe standing ? seems only fair as you are taking away perfectly good seats only to replace them with seats that can be turned into safe standing ..........

if it was in the Copland Front i'd pay the extra

Rangers are looking into a new scheme for tickets which is point based like the travel club, but it will be at least a few years before it is up and running.

What I think will happen ticket wise is there will be a members sale of home match tickets before any left go to public sale. Obviously our league games sell out fast so there would unlikely be any public sale for league games at Ibrox.
That’s what Man Utd do, members have first chance of tickets.

here's what Leeds United membership gets you Adult and junior £50 and £30 respectively

Its clear from that that the scheme, at Leeds at least, is targeted at non-season ticket holders. The section on away tickets says members will get the chance to buy AFTER the season ticket holders do.

I suspect Rangers scheme, in terms of ticket sales at least, will also be targeted at those unable to purchase a season ticket.

RSC’s don’t get enough tickets to give every match going bus member “two bites at the cherry”. 4 tickets between 40 doesn’t go, so don’t even pretend it does. RSCs absorbed tickets when hardly anyone was on the away scheme in the lower leagues. Most took financial hits. Of course, you knew that :)

No but it does need changed id be more inclined to give rsc a larger number % of tickets per game however tied to the rangers numbers so that they can continue get a reasonable amount of tickets and those that are not in a rsc get a equal chance.

The rangers number is only used once so that person has to decide if their application goes through rsc or cccs. The higher number of tickets for rsc should a allow more members in then to get tickets and a better chance for non rsc supporters to get tickets.

RSCs need to be managed better a well there are to many that are not real supporters clubs and set up between few friends just to gtee one of two tickets

Isn't it funny how RSC's are only an issue now. I never heard a word said against them in the dark days when many of them were left with dozens of spare tickets for Stranraer and Queens Park that nobody could be arsed going to.

there used to only be like 1.5-2k on the cccs the season warburton came in. now look at it. back in the spfl and its broken now with the demand

There's a monopoly on away tickets......imo it should be spread out......we have fans who snap up away tickets showing loyalty and pass them on so they can get the big games when they come it's shite and unfair.

I disagree with this. There's no monopoly over away tickets in the RSC v CCCS debate that rumbles on.

This is funny to come from me considering the boy next to me slags me for taking my laptop into games straight after work, but who cares what the WiFi is like? Proper catering and ashtrays in the bogs please. I'd support safe standing for a singing section but wouldn't want to stand in it every week being lazy.

Newcastle have a membership scheme that you need to pay 30 quid for every year in order to get top 6 games. I reckon a lot of the premier league teams do it. It means that fans that are just interested in the big games have to pay more and get that income from tourists etc. Not saying we should do similar but it's interesting to see how teams bring in extra revenue.

We got 2 bites at the Cherry when we were in the lower leagues and loads of spare tkts then with smaller allocations...

Now we are doing good and Steve G is here that's all you hear...
Went from 4/5 tkts on cccs to probably 2 but hearing its unfair...

Didn't really need 2 bites when we played Arbroath on the Monday night....Stranraer on the Thursday...Forfar...QOTS...Montrose etc lunchtime Sunday as there were folk getting left with unsold tkts at these games...Its not a staunch post or whatever someone wants turn it into but a fact...
true

Anyone got any idea how long the current catering contract is? Not only is the food shite the queues are massive. So much room for improvement and an easy win for the board in terms of improving fan experience.

Even if they were to install vending machines in each stand catering area think of how that would reduce queues etc and would require virtually no staff to operate.

People moaning about not needing WiFi think about this

I have to get to my MRA turnstile 30 mins before kick off because some people are still to stupid to be able to use a simple turnstile and because of these people the queues build up so I have to be there 30 mins before to comfortably get in For kick off , I then have to sit for 15/20 minutes staring at my feet as there is no connection in Ibrox it’s 2019 I should be able to sit on my phone with WiFi waiting For the game to start and not just blankly staring forward
Hate to break it to you but you dont get wifi in most grounds, even premier league games. Lets install wifi and that way no one will ever speak to each other games. Speak to people around you surely?

only doubt I have is we are relying on the ticket office to manage this properly. look at the travel club for example it was the perfect system. now it's abused and broken cause the ticket office moved the goal posts

Just having a Chief Executive would be a start. We have an "MD" who just carries out King's instructions from afar. Our model needs revamping. It feels weak in its structure and personnel.

Agreed, but there are some on here who think you need a copy of the job remit before you can criticise.

Before the centenary stand was built everyone apart from the main stand stood. Most weeks the atmosphere was shit.

This is true.

It’s always been the same. The big games produce the big atmosphere. Run of the mill games were almost always much, much quieter

This is true.

It’s always been the same. The big games produce the big atmosphere. Run of the mill games were almost always much, much quieter

The bigger games have a better atmosphere but back in the days before the centenary stand the fans would start singing about 15 minutes before kick off. That doesnt happen today. In fact your lucky if there's any singing at all outwith the UB.

Just having a Chief Executive would be a start. We have an "MD" who just carries out King's instructions from afar. Our model needs revamping. It feels weak in its structure and personnel.
But this is not Robertson's fault, it's King and Parks fault. Bringing in a CEO would not change how the decisions are made or how the company is structured.

This is how they want to run the club. If we have a problem with this structure, then we have a problem with the shareholders and directors, not with the personnel underneath them.

Its clear from that that the scheme, at Leeds at least, is targeted at non-season ticket holders. The section on away tickets says members will get the chance to buy AFTER the season ticket holders do.

I suspect Rangers scheme, in terms of ticket sales at least, will also be targeted at those unable to purchase a season ticket.

thing is if we have a waiting list of 10,000 a membership scheme that entitles you to buy a match ticket would take in £500,000 for basically very little outlay but at Leeds your first 3 purchases come with £5 each purchase and small other benefits

The bigger games have a better atmosphere but back in the days before the centenary stand the fans would start singing about 15 minutes before kick off. That doesnt happen today. In fact your lucky if there's any singing at all outwith the UB.
Why do you support the club and go to the games? No one can complain, moan and criticize the club/support the way you do and be a true supporter.
There are some fantastic initiatives taking place and you still manage to squeeze in your criticism of the board and the support.

You really are a strange one.

A lot of decent sounding stuff there, highlights for me
- Membership scheme
- New Ibrox Wi-fi system
- New Rangers app
- New Website
- New RangersTV app
- Improvements to Catering
- Improvements to overall matchday experience

What would really top it off is if we got permission for a proper fan zone, and safe standing (ideally Copland Front). Excited to find out what plans are in place for the anniversary celebrations. Would like to see the Ibrox area really revamped and invested in, obviously that would include Edmiston House and the Fan Zone across the road.

The one at present that sticks in my throat, is Catering, correct me if I’m wrong, but is this not an arms length company owned by our ex parasite, the Mint. Well overpriced food and drink? If you can call it food and drink, with little choice, and queues a mile long. See if independents want too tender, instead off one franchise.

Hate to break it to you but you dont get wifi in most grounds, even premier league games. Lets install wifi and that way no one will ever speak to each other games. Speak to people around you surely?

The club, in order to progress and keep up with the times, need to cater to the social media conscious youth of today.

The youth don’t want to only be able to talk to the person next to them - they want to be able to talk to their friends at home and their followers around the world, while at the game. Currently congestion on mobile networks at games makes that impossible, making going to the games unappealing for these fans. There’s a demand for WiFi, that will only increase over time.

The club, in order to progress and keep up with the times, need to cater to the social media conscious youth of today.

The youth don’t want to only be able to talk to the person next to them - they want to be able to talk to their friends at home and their followers around the world, while at the game. Currently congestion on mobile networks at games makes that impossible, making going to the games unappealing for these fans. There’s a demand for WiFi, that will only increase over time.
Exactly, the club are moving with the times and quite rightly so.

This is true.

Then as now it was away games that had the best atmosphere and I have fond memories of everyone standing with little segregation. It was all a bit crazy and you could not have that nowadays.

Obviously getting a bus to a game means that you are a superfan and deserve more tickets than anyone else but how do you rank other methods of transport people take to the game?

Like most I'm more interested in safe standing and the feasibility study that is ongoing since the summer for the expansion of our capacity, hopefully the outcome will be positive and we are holding back on an announcements for project 2022...

Like most I'm more interested in safe standing and the feasibility study that is ongoing since the summer for the expansion of our capacity, hopefully the outcome will be positive and we are holding back on an announcements for project 2022...

If you're expecting safe standing - if we ever do it - to increase capacity then you will have a long, long wait. Unless there is a change of policy in the UK it will be 1:1. Been discussed many times on here.

Obviously getting a bus to a game means that you are a superfan and deserve more tickets than anyone else but how do you rank other methods of transport people take to the game?
means you are on a ticket list - which then gains you a point for travelling so you are making the effort week in week out

Most people’s motivation for joining RSCs isn’t for ticket reasons. So why should they be punished for that? Not every RSC runs a bus to away games - 2,3,4 tickets makes it unfeasible to do so anyway. We had a bus to Hampden last year - most of our bus is on CCCS so got tickets, our RSC got allocated 5 tickets (not enough for our 40 odd folk on the bus!!).

Selling tickets on this forum doesn’t give all match going fans an equal chance of tickets. So does being a poster here mean I’ve got a third bite of a cherry?
It was for me when I first started

If you're expecting safe standing - if we ever do it - to increase capacity then you will have a long, long wait. Unless there is a change of policy in the UK it will be 1:1. Been discussed many times on here.

We all know Safe standing doesn't increase the capacity, the club is looking at options to increase capacity elsewhere in the stadium as in the statement in July. ie at either side of the screens etc.

Many big clubs on the continent offer a membership scheme. This isn't remotely connected to ST ownership. There will be benefits to it and stuff but its mainly a way for fans to further finance their club. Think Benfica have the biggest membership, could be wrong.
Exactly this helping the club out financially.

I am not saying there isnt demand for wifi. What I am more getting at is that clubs up and down the country dont get signal and it doesnt warrant getting worked over.

The one at present that sticks in my throat, is Catering, correct me if I’m wrong, but is this not an arms length company owned by our ex parasite, the Mint. Well overpriced food and drink? If you can call it food and drink, with little choice, and queues a mile long. See if independents want too tender, instead off one franchise.

Think we're still tied in to a Chuck Green contract for catering , I might be wrong though.

My 2p worth on wifi, it will just lead to even more people around you at Ibrox not watching the game and talking about their coupons instead. (don't @ me)

My 2p worth on wifi, it will just lead to even more people around you at Ibrox not watching the game and talking about their coupons instead. (don't @ me)

The disconnect is a problem though. Pretty much a dead zone for me anywhere near the ground meaning no contact with anyone for that duration. It isn't normally a big deal but it makes it difficult to arrange to meet people at the stadium or after the game unless you do it in advance. Also can't keep up to date with other scores which could be annoying if other games of interest (same group in Europa League for example) are on at the same time.

Oh christ, I remember the last time there was big investment in Wi-Fi. Can't people just watch the game instead of sitting on their phones. Some people see more of the match through their mobile screen when they are there.
I like it to check other scores, usually at half time , apart from that have no interest in being on my phone at the game.

I am not saying there isnt demand for wifi. What I am more getting at is that clubs up and down the country dont get signal and it doesnt warrant getting worked over.

We’re not like other clubs. The more progressive we are as a club, the better.

Fans want to be able to access internet when at games - it’s only right the club tries to accommodate that.

Back