Rangers Announce Watchalong Party v Antwerp (2 MyGers Points Available)

Presume come 1730 on Thursday we just follow the confirmation email instructions and it'll start? At the minute if you follow the link in the confirmation it takes you to a security page which is asking for a code? I used my email to see if the code would be sent but got unexpected error

The match is exclusively on BT - the app will sync up with the sound from that so that you aren't ahead of the game but its not showing the match

So does it listen for where your particular BT is at at that moment? So if you're a minute behind, the app also goes a minute behind?

I'm lost.

Presume come 1730 on Thursday we just follow the confirmation email instructions and it'll start? At the minute if you follow the link in the confirmation it takes you to a security page which is asking for a code? I used my email to see if the code would be sent but got unexpected error
From my understanding, you just need to log into the hotmic app.

Please ensure you use the same email at eventbrite and hotmic as that's how it connects.

So does it listen for where your particular BT is at at that moment? So if you're a minute behind, the app also goes a minute behind?

I'm lost.
Why would your BT be behind the rest of the country's?
It won't be BT commentary, what you won't get is JD screaming great goal whilst McGregor has the ball in his arms so it is synced up. It's an alternative style commentary I believe?

It won't be BT commentary, what you won't get is JD screaming great goal whilst McGregor has the ball in his arms so it is synced up. It's an alternative style commentary I believe?

Because it depends what device you watch BT on mate.

Online BT is about 30 seconds or so behind the Tele version.

You've been told it will sync with whatever BT option you use no matter if it's delayed or otherwise? How would it know? :D
It makes no sense. I've never seen a stream yet that would keep up with a live tv programme. Fair enough possibly stream to stream but live tv pictures?

Live tv is always in front of a stream. If I'm watching on TV and Skygo at the same time there is a 40 second delay

I used a friends log in for BT sport on the laptop on Thursday and I was about a minute behind the actual TV broad cast even though I started and refreshed it so many times, would be pointless me buying this for that reason.

Has everyone had an email about this? What mailing list has it gone to - season ticket holders or MyGers? Just so I know which ones I’m not receiving this time

With instructions it would be fairly simple to synchronise the feeds, something like pressing a button on the app / website at a specific point on your TV broadcast. Would be nice to know how it works before signing up but I'll prob get it anyway to see what it's like and give some cash to the club.

This is using an app called HotMic on your mobile device, which allows you to host "virtual parties" that are linked to an event, whether it's a youtube broadcast, sports broadcast, or whatever. The application itself has a sync button which helps you ensure that the broadcast and commentary stay in sync. The technology looks like a real game changer and by all account works good.

Could be an interesting monetisation platform for the club going forward, as theoretically we should still be able to continue with that when crowds are back.

Some vids below.

tenor.gif

Dumb question but just signed up for MyGers so is your MyGers number the 9 digit number you see at the top of the ticketing site?

I’ll buy it for the money to the club but having my phone in my hand seems like a distraction from the game? Am I missing something????

Sounds good hopefully it works with my non bt sport non sky streaming device. Will
Defo purchase.
Anyone got a link to

Fair play, every penny Rangers can earn just now is big.

The war will be won on which one of the 2 Glasgow teams gets out of the COVID crisis the least damaged (financially).
Well that’s me purchasing the watchalong now when you put it like that :)

The new Rangers app got me in the first game against Antwerp. Sitting waiting a few minutes knowing a goals coming kills the excitement.
Happened to me against Ross County the other week. Went on Flashscores to take a look at the other results in Scotland and it said Rangers were 1-0 up.

Was sitting buzzing but couldn’t celebrate as didn’t want to ruin it for my dad. He was then asking why I wasn’t celebrating when the goal went in on the telly:))

Is your MyGers number your ST number?
Yes.

There’s actually a chip on your MyGers card that you can scan on your phones camera and it will show you your Rangers No. on the web browser.

It works on iPhone, I presume it will work on Android too going by your username. It’s a handy way to get it if you ever forget the number.

Got one . I’ll give it a try . Only have bt app so if it’s in sync it will work fine usually a 30 second- 1 min lag on live and have to mute notifications during game but if app links up with where I am it should be good . Let’s hope the technology works

CBS have the rights in the USA and use the UEFA-provided commentary (i.e. not the same as BTs) so presumably the sync won't work here (nor in any other country in the same boat).

Yes.

There’s actually a chip on your MyGers card that you can scan on your phones camera and it will show you your Rangers No. on the web browser.

It works on iPhone, I presume it will work on Android too going by your username. It’s a handy way to get it if you ever forget the number.

How long does it take to get the my gers card? Bought a membership last week, had a welcome email since then but on my rangers account you would think I wasn't a member. Don't see a number, no idea how u see how many points you have. Were is the my gers online portal?

Maybe its just too early in the morning

Back