Rangers Announce Watchalong Party v Antwerp (2 MyGers Points Available)

Might purchase this to give the club a few quid and earn the points, but won't use it on the day.

I watch on the BT app on my PS4. Even though the app will sync with my BT feed, my phone will still be pinging with WhatsApp messages from my mates depending on what's happening in the game, so I'll need to have my phone away as usual while watching the game.

Tend to find the PS4 app is about 45 seconds delayed from the live TV feed.

Just received the email mate - you definitely need BT Sport.

On a different note, I noticed that something that looks like a Hamburg badge on the list of club partners.

Are Hamburger S.V officially linked to us?

Did you miss the big recent announcement? B-D

It doesn’t work for me. Correctly logged in and entered credit card details. All fields are completed, but ‘Place Order’ is still greyed-out

This on eventbrite?
Yes. I’ve logged in to eventbrite - same email as MyGers and everything else.
Managed to buy a ticket. Had to be logged off EventBrite. When logged in to EventBrite, it only requested credit card number - not expiry date, etc. Also, didn’t ask for Rangers number if logged in to EventBrite, so need to ensure you are logged off the EventBrite website.

Last edited:
Good idea to get some cash in. I’ll probably buy one as would of spent 40 odd pound on a ticket if it was a normal game so 6 quid is nothing to give to the club
I'm working and may only catch the end of the game at best. Might just buy it to give a few more quid to the club. It's the price of a chippy!

Would I be correct in thinking of this as another means of getting commentary with JD as pundit?
Would I then be able to play that commentary via my Sonos Beam?

The new Rangers app got me in the first game against Antwerp. Sitting waiting a few minutes knowing a goals coming kills the excitement.
That’s weird. I watched BT Sport online via SkyGo on the laptop. Normally I have all phone Notifications turned off but, as I’d recently installed the Rangers App, it was still on. For me, at least, the Notifications came through roughly 10 seconds after I’d seen the goals. It was the same for Sunday’s game on RangersTV. Obviously it’s down to your own setup and equipment.

As a rule, when watching Rangers online, I’d recommend either ditching your phone or making sure Notifications are off. Only potentially spoil it for yourself otherwise.

Last edited:
That’s weird. I watched via BT Sport online via SkyGo on the laptop. Normally I have all phone Notifications turned off but, as I’d recently installed the Rangers App, it was still on. For me, at least, the Notifications came through roughly 10 seconds after I’d seen the goals. It was the same for Sunday’s game on RangersTV. Obviously it’s down to your own setup and equipment.

As a rule, when watching Rangers online, I’d recommend either ditching your phone or making sure Notifications are off. Only potentially spoil it for yourself otherwise.
My dad continually sits on his phone looking at bets, does my tits in something chronic. Just put notifications on for the other games you weirdo :))

Only draw back I see for this is that i will have BT on the TV, this app running on my phone, while I try to talk pish on the match thread while also getting messages and replying to the group chat from the lads all this while I'm tearing into the Stella on the PD, what could go wrong?
Multi-task loyal.

Might purchase this to give the club a few quid and earn the points, but won't use it on the day.

I watch on the BT app on my PS4. Even though the app will sync with my BT feed, my phone will still be pinging with WhatsApp messages from my mates depending on what's happening in the game, so I'll need to have my phone away as usual while watching the game.

Tend to find the PS4 app is about 45 seconds delayed from the live TV feed.
Why don't you just mute your WhatsApp notifications during the game?

The mic on your mobile device will listen to the sound from whatever you are watching BT Sport on and sync up to the stream of the watchalong party.

It doesn't matter what you watch it on or if there is a delay between the TV version and BT Sport App version, it listens to what you are watching and makes sure the stream matches up.

I was confident going into this game until I found out we have planned a 'party' to watch it.

Always happy to give the club a few quid. I'm really looking forward to it - hope the tech works synching up the app/tv. Unless you're right on the boundary between tiers, two MyGers points isn't going to make a great deal of difference though is it!

Jeez, if you think the RangersTV threads are bad, wait until you read the meltdown from the 'technically challenged' on this one.:eek: I'm staying well clear.

:)):))
I'm a little bit challenged on mobile devices. A wiz on PCs. Downloaded hotmic but couldn't find "hotmic - watch party". A search and upcoming list revealed nothing to do with Rangers. Gave up. Anyway, my TV in Spain is now beamed from the Rover on Mars or something, so doubt it will synch.

Because it depends what device you watch BT on mate.

Online BT is about 30 seconds or so behind the Tele version.
On Saturday I was watching the game on rangers tv (virtual season ticket) but had the bet365 app open to check the scores. The app was about a minute ahead of rtv. Also noticed this on sky which is also about a minute behind

Last edited:
On Saturday I was watching the game on Rangers tv (virtual season ticket) but had the bet365 app opencc CG to check the scores. The app was about a minute ahead of rtv. Also noticed this on sky which is also about a minute behind
Betting apps need to be ahead of streams. They have stats people at the games I think

Jeez, if you think the RangersTV threads are bad, wait until you read the meltdown from the 'technically challenged' on this one.:eek: I'm staying well clear.

:)):))
I had a look at the reviews for this app and it reads a bit like an rtv thread on here :))

Most are fine but a fair amount that can't log in or it won't sync etc

It should be fun on here :))

is this quite easy to set up
i dont have a clue with phones etc

my lodge set up a zoom harmony, "oh its easy, just click this etc"

nobody could hear what i was saying as i hadnt configured the mic, i was shouting and everything

i ended up like the angry guy sketch from chewin the fat

Last edited:
That’s weird. I watched BT Sport online via SkyGo on the laptop. Normally I have all phone Notifications turned off but, as I’d recently installed the Rangers App, it was still on. For me, at least, the Notifications came through roughly 10 seconds after I’d seen the goals. It was the same for Sunday’s game on RangersTV. Obviously it’s down to your own setup and equipment.

Worth saying because it was Greg I was replying to that it wasn’t a moan lol.

I got it just a bit before their first then went straight on and turned it off. Sitting a bit later and it pops up 2-1 Antwerp, I had left the halftime scorers on too.

I was RTV through VPN so maybe a bit of lag there. I’m not sure it’s even possible to improve it on our end, I was watching on a brand new mac on a 550mb internet. Suppose it’s down to the network and your local network at the time too.

Worth saying because it was Greg I was replying to that it wasn’t a moan lol.

I got it just a bit before their first then went straight on and turned it off. Sitting a bit later and it pops up 2-1 Antwerp, I had left the halftime scorers on too.

I was RTV through VPN so maybe a bit of lag there. I’m not sure it’s even possible to improve it on our end, I was watching on a brand new mac on a 550mb internet. Suppose it’s down to the network and your local network at the time too.
Wasn't having a go at you mate. I used to get Notifications from some App or other but found I was getting them 30 seconds before I was seeing the goal on RangersTV so ditched the App. I've noticed with the Rangers App that the Notifications seem to come just after I see the goal on RangersTV. Whether that's co-incidence or intentional I have no idea. Any internet stream will lag behind live coverage, its just the nature of the beast. BT Sport online is behind their TV coverage, same with SkyGo. Its not a RangersTV 'thing'.

Point of order though. You can't have been watching the Antwerp game on RangersTV - VPN or no VPN ha ha.;):)

Yes. I’ve logged in to eventbrite - same email as MyGers and everything else.
Managed to buy a ticket. Had to be logged off EventBrite. When logged in to EventBrite, it only requested credit card number - not expiry date, etc. Also, didn’t ask for Rangers number if logged in to EventBrite, so need to ensure you are logged off the EventBrite website.
I’m going to buy the ticket just to give the club the cash , but won’t be downloading the app or any of that stuff.

Are you saying if I log only into the Eventbrite website in the browser (edge / chrome etc) there is no space / comment box for the Rangers number when buying the ticket to link myrangers account to get the points ? (That’s only accessible via link from the hot mic app into eventbrite (app?). The 2 points is really the reward for downloading & setting up an account in the app?

The new Rangers app got me in the first game against Antwerp. Sitting waiting a few minutes knowing a goals coming kills the excitement.
I was getting notifications about 5 minutes after goals. Switched off afterwards though.

On Saturday I was watching the game on Rangers tv (virtual season ticket) but had the bet365 app open to check the scores. The app was about a minute ahead of rtv. Also noticed this on sky which is also about a minute behind
Online streaming is always a bit out mate even with sky or Amazon.

This lad 'Denveloper' does football watchalongs on his YouTube channel - this is how it works.

I'd imagine where he is on this YouTube screen, you will see Clive and JD on the app with relevant background/graphics behind them.

Will viewers be shown on the screen too, throughout the broadcast?

A watchalong isn't my thing but I know there will be people interested and it's good that the club is trying things and engagaing.

Is there anyway of checking you put your MyGers number in? I'm sure I put my Rangers number in but I gave my phone to my Mrs to pay for it with her PayPal and she hit confirm and now I'm doubting that I put it in.

And I'm assuming MyGers number is same as Rangers number? Sure I saw that earlier on the thread.

Is there anyway of checking you put your MyGers number in? I'm sure I put my Rangers number in but I gave my phone to my Mrs to pay for it with her PayPal and she hit confirm and now I'm doubting that I put it in.

And I'm assuming MyGers number is same as Rangers number? Sure I saw that earlier on the thread.
It is it begins with 500

Back