Rangers Announce Watchalong Party v Antwerp (2 MyGers Points Available)

How do you get the match programme included in the package?
Just in case I'm missing an email.

Edit: Just found the info stating that a link will be sent tomorrow.

Last edited:
How do they know how to give people the MyGers points when everything is purchased externally?

Says the sale has ended for the £5.99 package which is bizarre.

How do they know how to give people the MyGers points when everything is purchased externally?

Says the sale has ended for the £5.99 package which is bizarre.
Theres a space for your Rangers number on payment screen

Let’s hope Rangers don’t blow it on Thursday or it could end up being a bit of an embarrassing damp squid
This isn’t new. US sports, European clubs have been doing this for some time.

The club should be being praised for introducing it to our fans.

It’s not the clubs fault of folk cannot follow instructions as has been clearly evident at times.

The whole point of it is for fan interaction for various products and rewarding that.

Brilliant stuff from the club. Let’s hope this sort of scheme continues
All i’m interested in is going to games, I couldn’t give a %^*& about this, and don’t get me started on points for buying a birds game.

Give us your money or others will get tickets ahead of you.

Probably been covered. Is your Mygers number just your Rangers number?
Yes, though I have to admit digging out email to double check (& checking on my season smart card for the first time in a good while!)

Bought the ticket yesterday, donation for the club, and I will take the points.

This morning (in the last hour) I’ve now received the email with download link / instructions for the programme as promised.

Thanks for replies. That's me signed up.
Yes, though I have to admit digging out email to double check (& checking on my season smart card for the first time in a good while!)

Bought the ticket yesterday, donation for the club, and I will take the points.

This morning (in the last hour) I’ve now received the email with download link / instructions for the programme as promised.
Yeah mate

All i’m interested in is going to games, I couldn’t give a %^*& about this, and don’t get me started on points for buying a birds game.

So, just to confirm. You think that mygers should reflect only your beliefs of what it should entail?

There are going to be things with MyGers points that some fans don't care about. Be that tours, be that the odd youth game at Ibrox or any number of things. That doesn't mean that they aren't worthy of points.

Most points will always be earned from match attendence so if that's all you care about you will still be able to get very high up without a penny spent elsewhere

I've bought this but, to an extent, you have a good point. It could run the risk very quickly of the richest fans getting to the bigger games with people just buying things for the sake of the points.

It should reward loyalty first and foremost and be heavily weighted in favour of games. For example- apply for a match ticket for forfar away- 20 points but buy a top- 1 point.

If it becomes just get random points for random things then that's not right.

I see Greg has said similar about it being weighted towards match attendance which is great.

So, just to confirm. You think that mygers should reflect only your beliefs of what it should entail?

There are going to be things with MyGers points that some fans don't care about. Be that tours, be that the odd youth game at Ibrox or any number of things. That doesn't mean that they aren't worthy of points.

Most points will always be earned from match attendence so if that's all you care about you will still be able to get very high up without a penny spent elsewhere
I think it’s rubbish that if you go on a stadium tour or a youth game for example, since you’ve brought them up, can get you a point and potentially get you a ticket for a first team game over someone else, the two things shouldn’t correlate. First team games should be separate to all that and rewarded on match going loyalty, not because you’re buying things.

It’s going to become whoever is willing to throw the most money at it gets tickets. Plenty are only buying this because there’s points on offer, same for the women’s game, majority couldn’t care but they’ll buy it and not watch it as long as they get the point.

All signed up, relatively pain free.
Take it there isn’t a dedicated iPad app for Hotmic? Seems to just been the phone sized app

1.I think it’s rubbish that if you go on a stadium tour or a youth game for example, since you’ve brought them up, can get you a point and potentially get you a ticket for a first team game over someone else, the two things shouldn’t correlate. First team games should be separate to all that and rewarded on match going loyalty, not because you’re buying things.

2. It’s going to become whoever is willing to throw the most money at it gets tickets. Plenty are only buying this because there’s points on offer, same for the women’s game, majority couldn’t care but they’ll buy it and not watch it as long as they get the point.

1. Remembering that we have a tiering system related to tickets its your general behaviour overall that puts you into a tier not any one individual purchase but putting that aside. In your scenario. 2 guys go to the same games and one of them does 4/5 extra club related activities. Why shouldn't that put him a little bit further forward?

2. I see this a lot and I don't think its something that reflects the current situation. We regularly put limits on what mygers points can be earned. For instance tonight's virtual ticket's points can only be earned once. You can't buy multiple tickets in order to game the system. That is a way of safeguarding against that risk. Some of the big money purchases are less points per £ than the smaller equivalents too (it was one of the reasons we made away europe 5 points but that's something we are looking at as there is consistent feedback that they should maybe be valued higher

1. Remembering that we have a tiering system related to tickets its your general behaviour overall that puts you into a tier not any one individual purchase but putting that aside. In your scenario. 2 guys go to the same games and one of them does 4/5 extra club related activities. Why shouldn't that put him a little bit further forward?

2. I see this a lot and I don't think its something that reflects the current situation. We regularly put limits on what mygers points can be earned. For instance tonight's virtual ticket's points can only be earned once. You can't buy multiple tickets in order to game the system. That is a way of safeguarding against that risk. Some of the big money purchases are less points per £ than the smaller equivalents too (it was one of the reasons we made away europe 5 points but that's something we are looking at as there is consistent feedback that they should maybe be valued higher
Well for a start, some people use all their holidays up following the first team, midweek games requires time off. You think they’ve got the time and want to travel how many hours to go and watch a youth game for example?

In your shite scenario there, one guy loses out because he lives miles away.

Well for a start, some people use all their holidays up following the first team, midweek games requires time off. You think they’ve got the time and want to travel how many hours to go and watch a youth game for example?

In your shite scenario there, one guy loses out because he lives miles away.

“shite scenario”. I wonder why I bother sometimes :rolleyes:

no got the time today to humour you if you aren’t actually interested in having a debate

2 points for this and 5 points for following the team away in Europe

absolute madness
To be fair incase you missed it

The club is desperate for money and should probably do whatever it takes to get money in. Any money at all.

How many home and away European matches have we all not got to pay for this season ?

Regardless of what mygers was initially set up as, the club needs money in.

So, if you can afford it give them £5.99 and get a few points and a night watching a game with JD as a thank you.

Or sit moaning because whatever last year looked like following Rangers no longer exists.

How much cash does the club make by you going away in Europe?
A lot more than £5.99

trvael club memberships, inflated ticket prices, travel club chartered flights, an unwavering support of the players which brings out the best in them, if that means better results and qualifying through the rounds then yes a lot more than £5.99

people take time off work, time away from family, spend £100s of each trip, their support and commitment should never be underestimated!

A lot more than £5.99

trvael club memberships, inflated ticket prices, travel club chartered flights, an unwavering support of the players which brings out the best in them, if that means better results and qualifying through the rounds then yes a lot more than £5.99

people take time off work, time away from family, spend £100s of each trip, their support and commitment should never be underestimated!
Agreed.

But the club absolutely needs money in and has none of the above to sell right now.

Agreed.

But the club absolutely needs money in and has none of the above to sell right now.
I have no problem paying this and totally agree that the club needs money

but there there needs to be a balance and the above to me shows that there isn’t any

The more money going into the club, the better.

Credit to the club for continually looking for new ways to increase fan engagement.

Hopefully have time to set this up when I get in from work.

I've said this before, but one of the fundamental issues with MyGers is that it's struggled with the difference between incentives for being in the membership scheme and rewarding your behaviour in the membership scheme.

Rather than direct supporter behaviour towards new behaviours - buying programmes, watching woman's games, etc - fans already taking part in these behaviours should find that they should sign up for MyGers because it offers them a discount as part of a scheme. Aligning points to new behaviour just forces fans to purchase things with which they've no interest, and - given how vital MyGers is towards being allocated tickets for big games - fans are going to sign up in their droves.

Rangers have some understanding of how this works because in selling the scheme they've advertised the following:
  • 10% Off Ibrox Stadium Restaurant
  • 20% Off Exclusive Members Stadium Tour
  • 10% Off Soccer Academies Term Time Courses
  • 10% Off RWFC Home Game Tickets

Now, presumably someone who goes to the restaurant or does a tour is taking part in extra club activities, but it'd be ridiculous to award that with points, so they get a discount instead - people who don't eat at Ibrox, or don't have kids, or who have already done the tour, don't get disadvantaged. Why should it be any different when it comes to match programmes or woman's games? People normally not taking part in these activities are having their behaviour altered because it leads to points. Are there any other clubs in Britain allocating points for buying a match day programme?

Signed up for this, but surprise surprise it isn’t working.

On the hot mic app it says I need to purchase a ticket, but I’ve already bought the £5.99 ticket on eventbrite.

I think it’s rubbish that if you go on a stadium tour or a youth game for example, since you’ve brought them up, can get you a point and potentially get you a ticket for a first team game over someone else, the two things shouldn’t correlate. First team games should be separate to all that and rewarded on match going loyalty, not because you’re buying things.

It’s going to become whoever is willing to throw the most money at it gets tickets. Plenty are only buying this because there’s points on offer, same for the women’s game, majority couldn’t care but they’ll buy it and not watch it as long as they get the point.
I hear you. But what I would say we ain't going to really know how well it will work until its a normal season imo.

I'm the same. It does say on the Eventbrite page that it can take up to an hour for the ticket to become "active".

Probably something that @Greg Marshall may want to communicate more widely, I can see a few folk waiting until they finish work before purchasing which may be too late?

Yeah I emailed them & got the following reply

ABE140-AA-9905-452-E-8-F41-D4864-A8-FC3-FA.jpg

Hi @Greg Marshall

In the recent Mygers survey there was a question about the Travel Club being separated out again. Is there any feedback on that survey?

I'd like to see the Travel Club separate, especially for those Bears who live out-with the UK. Their chances of earning enough points on the MyGers scheme is limited as it stands if they cannot access Ibrox on a regular basis. We could possibly even attract some(more) HSV fans to come watch us when we return to our Euro travels, with their TC membership.

Yeah I emailed them & got the following reply

ABE140-AA-9905-452-E-8-F41-D4864-A8-FC3-FA.jpg

I purchased my ticket at 1.20pm.

Hotmic is still telling me at 2.40pm that I need to buy a ticket for the event.

EDIT

I can now access the event, so it took roughly 90 minites for the ticket to become "active".

Last edited:
Back