Rangers are “ light years away”

Well if it's any of those individuals, it's irrelevant.

I'd be more surprised if they didn't tow the liewell line.

Celtic aren't great, but you can't say they'd have drawn today if we'd beaten them at the Piggery.

That’s the argument I use a lot. Their dropped
Points seemed to often coincide with us shoooting ourselves in the foot a lot this season.

That said you could say the last minute goals luck they have had 3-4 times since the split (6-8 points gained with last kicks of the ball) has run out and this is the truth. Thy aren’t great and are lucky they didn’t drop more points.

Was ours to lose come the new year. We're certainly not light years away, but these good performances which show our improvement stand for nothing if we cannot play like that when the pressure is on, which we've failed to do in big games this season. Something which will be ironed out under our current management.

The point is, we are close , very close. We are in the last furlong here and a ten minute swing at our closest rivals is all that is between us and us controlling our destiny this season.

It’s that close.
More annoyed that the points we have dropped, turn even two of those draws into wins and it could be oh so very different

The loss of momentum following our deserved win over that lot was criminal.

Had we strung 6 or 7 wins together after that, their collecrive arses would have been tingling badly.

We completely lost our way immediately after the winter break.

It's that kind of inconsistency that we MUST wipe out if we want to win titles

Yip.

The whole point of the post is just that. I’ve narrowed it down to a single game that we could easily have won given how it played out, hell even a draw would have kept this very interesting.

We have to have a good transfer window and hope they don’t and next season will be something to really look forward to.

Celtc aren’t going to be able to attract a manager of the caliber of Rodgers again. A unique set of circumstances made him available.

Now they have a squad on big wages that won’t be covered by CL money as they aren’t going to be qualifying for that regularly. Neither are we, however we’re not sitting on £60m In costs annually.

There Is a fag papers width in quality between us and them , mistakes have been made , but I would strongly fancy our best 11 to beat them .

We're nowhere near as far off them as they like to claim.

I watched them today; they were rubbish. They've been rubbish most times I've watched them this season it's just been masked by them getting last minute winners.

We've played well in some games but not got the results we deserved (Pittodrie first day of the season and the two games at Easter Road for example).

Reality and reputation rarely run in sync so whilst they are ahead it isn't by miles. (Looking at what we can control) I wonder how much of a difference it would have made if Arfield had been used in this position a lot earlier in the season. We haven't got enough goals from out wide players and he seems to fit this role perfectly.

A big Summer ahead in the transfer market for both teams. Wonder if they have their new manager lined up (assuming it isn't Lennon) as this will impact their transfer activity if they haven't.

If they win the league which I would have to say I think they probably will. Then it won’t be anymore than 6 points. For anyone who thinks that is light years then they will be in for a major shock next season. That 6 points includes all the outside help they have had from spfl sfa refs and CO.

We really should have romped the league this year. We were never going to go the full season unbeaten, but all those dropped points against shitey teams like Livingston, Dundee, St Johnstone, Motherwell etc still grate like f*ck.

The loss of momentum following our deserved win over that lot was criminal.

Had we strung 6 or 7 wins together after that, their collecrive arses would have been tingling badly.

We completely lost our way immediately after the winter break.

It's that kind of inconsistency that we MUST wipe out if we want to win titles
The Kilmarnock defeat still stings.

At times , when the pressure was on , we wilted .

That can't happen again next season .

I have said before on here, we tossed the title away this season. Davis and Defoe were genuinely very good signings in January but when we went into the first game (Killie) after the break, Gerrard should have started with the same eleven players that ripped that mob at Ibrox on the 29th of December. We lost the momentum after that game. We are very close to them but our summer signings will be crucial.

Timmy has only scored 5 goals in the last 6 league games, 2 of them against us.
We should have been in a much better position going into the split than we left ourselves in.

More annoyed that the points we have dropped, turn even two of those draws into wins and it could be oh so very different
We dropped less points when we played the identical fixtures a second time than we did first time around, I’m loath to given Celtic any credit but by only dropping 2 points after losing to us and the next derby, there was little or no wiggle room

The people that sprout this want this to be true but it clearly isn't we are now back to a single figure deficit thats not light years away

Fat boy Tim says it every season.

I have a feeling he won’t be saying it next season when the “cash rich” tramps save up their pennies for compo and the Gers strengthen again.

Gordon Parks was the last fanny to spout this I’m sure, just before the December game lol

Seen them being called bottle merchants by their own on Twitter yesterday. Along the lines of they better have it done before they come to Ibrox because if you can't basically get it done by beating Hibs what makes anyone think they could at Ibrox.
We aren't going to win the league but making it as uncomfortable as we can for them is great plus it's doing us no harm for putting a marker down for next season.
Only issue is that dumpling Lennon won't be getting the job and I want him there for the full blown meltdown that awaits.

Match officials have coals in Scotland are incapable of refereeing Rangers fairly and are the polar opposite when it comes to the paeds.

We’d be on easy street just now if it wasn’t for cheats like Madden, MacLean, Thompson, Collum et al.

TBH we really need to start winning trophies before we can proclaim that the gap is smaller. The fact that we have not won a major trophy since 2011 while they go for a 3rd treble in a row suggests we still have a lot of work ahead.

Next season we need to do our talking on the pitch.

The Kilmarnock defeat still stings.

At times , when the pressure was on , we wilted .

That can't happen again next season .

Completely agree.

I was criminal that Worrals error looked to knock the stuffing out of us, it can happen however we just seemed to loose all belief.

On reflection I think we probably would have won the league if it wasn’t for that error at a crucial point and the amount of games Morelos has either been sent off or suspended for.

Could it have been Commons?

After all, he said at the start of the season we`d need to spend 60-80m, just to compete with them :)

Also think of the last minute equalisers against us;

Aberdeen and Motherwell in early league games

Hibs x 2 (iirc)

Those four games are 8 points there alone

Then monumental %^*& ups like v Killie and Aberdeen at home in December.

That’s before the ‘marginal’ decisions like laffs goal v Dundee being ruled out.

I reckon this season was the best chance to take those scum to the wire. Dropping stupid points and shitebag refs have also played their role.

It's got nothing to do with how good they are. It's about us. If we get the correct team on the park and play to it's potential we win. We should not look for excuses or favours. Let's do it ourselves.

Back