Rangers are closing in on the signing of South African international Bongani Zungu - The Scotsman

Don’t sign young players, don’t sign old players, don’t sign players in their prime, is there anything that would make the miserable fuckers on here happy?
Yep sign guys who have achieved something and have a decent number of games under their belts recently. Which this wouldn’t be.

Hard to judge someone on a YouTube video

I have horrible feeling these signings aren’t addressing the issues of last season however.....poor at the back, lack of formation change, lack of striking options

I hope I’m wrong, but I have a feeling this season may unravel quickly if we don’t start well at Pittodrie....
We had the joint best defensive record in the league, if you feel we were poor at the back regardless then a holding midfielder should be something you're happy with.

Davis is a big part of why our creativity completely disappeared and a more natural 6 allows us to change formation more.

Literally everything you're unhappy with is being addressed in one way or another, at least in theory.

Read on Twitter when we were first linked that he was outstanding against PSG.

Looks like he actually knows how to pass the ball forward which is a vast improvement on one or two of our current midfielders.

Read on Twitter when we were first linked that he was outstanding against PSG.

Looks like he actually knows how to pass the ball forward which is a vast improvement on one or two of our current midfielders.
Did Gerrard not also give us the PSG performance chat about Coulibaly? That doesn’t go for a lot to be fair.

None of us know much, if anything, about him.

We don’t know what role he would fill. We don’t know what any fee would be.

We don’t know if there is any truth in the rumour.

We either trust the management team or we don’t.

Far too sensible a post, FF loves a good panic when it comes to the transfer window.

Did Gerrard not also give us the PSG performance chat about Coulibaly? That doesn’t go for a lot to be fair.

Don't think so.

In any case, his record would be worrying if we didn't have a proper scouting setup in place. Clearly there's a reason why Wilson, Scoulding et al have signed off on him. I'm betting there's a bit more to it than him just having one good season in Ligue 1.

Is this not the player in the transfer thread
That was liking tweets because it was suggested Gerrard wanted him

Sure there was mock tweets with him in rangers gear

None of us really know anything about him,im sure this will be a first test of ross wilsons judgement .

Remember all the pep guardiolas on here salivating over warburton ? ...Aye see it actually turned out they knew the square root of eff all so I think I’ll wait and judge the boy when he’s played at least ten games .

None of us know much, if anything, about him.

We don’t know what role he would fill. We don’t know what any fee would be.

We don’t know if there is any truth in the rumour.

We either trust the management team or we don’t.
Based
Don't think so.

In any case, his record would be worrying if we didn't have a proper scouting setup in place. Clearly there's a reason why Wilson, Scoulding et al have signed off on him. I'm betting there's a bit more to it than him just having one good season in Ligue 1.
The worry for me is only 72 games in the bag in 4 seasons. That’s barely a half shift.

There's a reason why the Club does scouting and analytics regarding transfer targets.

If this story is true, the Club must feel he's one of the best options for that midfield role for the alleged money involved.

Lets wait and see.

Look forward to seeing this guy play for us but if we don’t sign him then he’s shite and I didn’t want him anyway.

Lived off a thumping tackle agaisnt Maribor (if it even was Maribor?)

Now playing with Cercle Bruge. Just wasn't/isn't very good.

Fancy foreign name though and was dubbed a destroyer.
People saw what they wanted to believe with him.

He was never much better than average.

A class behind Jack, Davis, Arfield and Kamara.

Know nothing about him.
My wife tells me he looks like quite a 'big' signing.
I asked her if she'd seen his youtube video but she said no, he has another yousomething video on the go.

Not convinced at all with this.

Track record is poor. Those pointing out that Mallorca were in for him therefore he must he some kind of talent.

That Mallorca team sit 2nd bottom in La Liga.

Players go up or down a level with coaching and that seems to get ignored entirely by our support. Perhaps the coaching staff see something in him that we don't. I'll reserve judgement. I quite like the look of him though.

On the thread posted with the South African based journalist who broke the story he’s being described more as a box to box midfielder rather than a sitter.

Looks like a technical ball playing midfielder like kamara or Davis.

I think we need a bit more physicality in there tbh. A proper hard c*nt.

I see a lot of people posting about us needing a proper hard c-nt.

Brown aside(as our support seem to be obsessed with him and he aint no hard c-nt, just a c-nt)who else in modern day football would you class as a proper hard c-nt that we should sign.

Im genuinely interested.

Btw i do think we need more physicality in our team.

I see a lot of people posting about us needing a proper hard c-nt.

Brown aside(as our support seem to be obsessed with him and he aint no hard c-nt, just a c-nt)who else in modern day football would you class as a proper hard c-nt that we should sign.

Im genuinely interested.

Btw i do think we need more physicality in our team.

Basically a Spoiler we need.

League appearances over last 5 seasons; 16, 3, 26, 5, 10. £3.5M seems a bit much for such few games, not picked or injury prone?

Biggest surprise to me isn't the greeting-faced bastards who know better than our manager and recruitment staff. It's that there's a country called Bafana Bafana. Superb.

Rangers sign a young player: FFS! We'll never win anything with young players.
Rangers tipped to sign a 27-year-old: FFS, he's past it, we'll never win anything signing older players!

Jordan Henderson is 30. I guess Klopp should get rid asap.

Basically a Spoiler we need.

We need a Nigel Spackman. Someone who will run all day, press, pick up second balls - every lose ball was his, drops deep to cover the attacking full backs. Spackman was excellent at doing that whilst Stevens and Robertson got forward - a bit like Tavernier and Barišić. Some one who won't give the opposition a minute, a player who rarely wastes possession and whilst nothing fancy, can play the game. Also had the physical edge when required.

That and an attack minded, creative midfielder.

We need a Nigel Spackman. Someone who will run all day, press, pick up second balls - every lose ball was his, drops deep to cover the attacking full backs. Spackman was excellent at doing that whilst Stevens and Robertson got forward - a bit like Tavernier and Barišić. Some one who won't give the opposition a minute, a player who rarely wastes possession and whilst nothing fancy, can play the game. Also had the physical edge when required.

We average 66% possession.

We need actual footballers, signing people to run around kicking people stopped being a thing everywhere outside Scotland over a decade ago

You've just described our current midfield.

Rangers sign a young player: FFS! We'll never win anything with young players.
Rangers tipped to sign a 27-year-old: FFS, he's past it, we'll never win anything signing older players!

Jordan Henderson is 30. I guess Klopp should get rid asap.

Jordan Henderson is captain of his club. He's been the most consistent midfielder in the English Premiership. He captained Liverpool to the CL last season and league title this season. He can tackle, he can pass a ball, slide it through, assist, score, dictate the tempo of a game.

Not really a great comparison. About as stupid as people saying 27/28 is old.

Just a guess, but I think Ross Wilson will know if this guy is the right player for us over 99.9% of the posters on here.

Box to box to player who boots anything that moves but can play and score now and again too.

Back