rangers atmosphere ideas thread

Did the Hamburg tour yesterday morning and they have four or five speakers across the entire front of their ultras section. I might be barking up the wrong tree but I'm guessing this is somehow linked to their lead ultra (can't mind the proper name for him). If we had something like this that maybe even went as far as half way down the Govan and Main Stand so that more folk can hear his instructions then maybe more folk would join in with the singing and it would spread easier and quicker to the rest of the stadium, and more folk would feel involved.

The focus should be turning the whole of the Broomloan into a singing section IMO.

When all of Ibrox sings, we're one of the best in Europe, but it only really happens on European nights and OF games. Possibly when we play Hibs/Aberdeen as well.

The overall experience is just so much better when the crowd are behind he team. I go to the match with that being just as important as the football.

The management and players have reiterated this numerous times over the years. I really do think it makes a huge difference when everyone backs the team from the first whistle.

come up with songs for all the players that everyone can sing
like a McGregor one that doesn't involve shagging burds

get the kids singing for their heroes

seems to work for Alfredo, he feeds off it
That banana splits Alfredo chant needs to go.

I know I'm pissing in the wind here but I'd love to see a more engaged support at Ibrox. Too many people with the same routine: arrive as close as possible to kick-off, grumble, go for a pie after 30 minutes, not bother to join in with the singing, leave early. I think fans just expect us to win comfortably all the time and don't realise what they can add.

In the short term, I'd suggest trying to come up with more catchy songs. The UB have had some success here but they're mainly in the ultras style. Instead of posting lyrics on here and getting shot down, folk should get stuff going on supporters buses. You need people to back you up (my dad and I try our best but the guys around us aren't that interested). Also, the edgier parts of the songbook are divisive but you can't deny how rousing some of them can be.
Some fans arrive an hour before kick off to get a "good" parking spot, and sit in their cars, then fuk off 10 minutes early to avoid a wee bit of traffic. Absolute bores.

Did the Hamburg tour yesterday morning and they have four or five speakers across the entire front of their ultras section. I might be barking up the wrong tree but I'm guessing this is somehow linked to their lead ultra (can't mind the proper name for him). If we had something like this that maybe even went as far as half way down the Govan and Main Stand so that more folk can hear his instructions then maybe more folk would join in with the singing and it would spread easier and quicker to the rest of the stadium, and more folk would feel involved.
decent shout this, if UB built a good enough relationship with the club and made all chants family friendly then imo the club be game for setting that up

decent shout this, if UB built a good enough relationship with the club and made all chants family friendly then imo the club be game for setting that up

Last season can’t mind what game it was there was 2 guys with mics one at the bottom one half way up.
That along with not murdering ESWF 10 Xs a game was the best the UBs have been.

Song selection was bang on.

Either make the Broomloan Stand bottom tier a singing section or introduce another singing section in the Copland.

Both sets could play off of each other and you spread the noise across the stadium.

I’m in CD2 near the Copland and the atmosphere is pretty poor at times. If there was a section nearer us I think more people would be inclined to sing along.

The focus should be turning the whole of the Broomloan into a singing section IMO.

When all of Ibrox sings, we're one of the best in Europe, but it only really happens on European nights and OF games. Possibly when we play Hibs/Aberdeen as well.

The overall experience is just so much better when the crowd are behind he team. I go to the match with that being just as important as the football.

The management and players have reiterated this numerous times over the years. I really do think it makes a huge difference when everyone backs the team from the first whistle.
Bang on the money mate. The support need to realise just how influential they can be and get behind the team no matter the opposition. Hopefully the gaffer will make comments like this regularly to remind the support just how important they are.

1. Pre match fan zone.
2. Safe standing
3. Move union bears to the middle front of SJ. (Means they spread to more people and front and centre of the hard camera)
4. Expand the union bears.
5. Safe standing at front of broomy and Copland
6. Do away with the horrific Ibrox DJ, this bits n pieces etc nonsense has to go ASAP.

Last season can’t mind what game it was there was 2 guys with mics one at the bottom one half way up.
That along with not murdering ESWF 10 Xs a game was the best the UBs have been.

Song selection was bang on.
we should make up an online questionnaire at some point and send results to UB etc, cause atmosphere at Ibrox is a team effort and something needs to be done when large groups don't get involved

OP - it’s Rangers with a capital r. Also, feel free to employ commas, colons and full stops where appropriate.
i see too many grammar mistakes on here your not doing good enough and i hope you correct this as if not you're needing replaced

I think alot of the time the music on the Pa system in Ibrox pre match is quite quiet. Get it cranked up to 11 with some of the best rousing Rangers tunes on. Stops you chatting and less self conscious of belting out a song when people around you are quiet.

I think alot of the time the music on the Pa system in Ibrox pre match is quite quiet. Get it cranked up to 11 with some of the best rousing Rangers tunes on. Stops you chatting and less self conscious of belting out a song when people around you are quiet.
signs at gates etc encouraging people to put their phones away to focus on creating an atmosphere with an intensity that last lasts the whole game

we should make up an online questionnaire at some point and send results to UB etc, cause atmosphere at Ibrox is a team effort and something needs to be done when large groups don't get involved

There no interested in what anyone else has to say mate.

Fair enough they put the hours in and good luck to them.

There no interested in what anyone else has to say mate.

Fair enough they put the hours in and good luck to them.
a questionnaire done right highlights anything the club and UB could do to better the atmosphere, it's naw just for public viewing in the match program etc

The fact that the whole stadium can get up for the games against them, and some Euro nights, suggests that they just can't be fucked when it comes to the other games. Unless there's a sudden realisation and mind shift by the ones that stay quiet then it's difficult to see fan zones and such like making much difference. The change will have to come from within.

get Ibrox rocking people and for the full full game, every game and all season preferably
rAdTxTr.gif

Have someone who is aware of what is going on before the game working the sound systems.

The place can be on the edge of erupting and the 2009 dance mix kicks in through the speakers to drown out or take away that edge.

Especially before old firm games. It's possible to turn the music down in accordance.

Correct. Its strange that so many 'regulars' dont understand how important it is for the fans to back the team even when things arent going well. Supporters create the atmosphere.

The atmosphere will never change until everyone who wants to sing every game is put in the same area, ie safe standing.

Fact.

I actually heard a rumour SG was going to help push for this, no idea if its true or has happened. He knows Ibrox is brutal most the time.

Good post.

Correct. Its strange that so many 'regulars' dont understand how important it is for the fans to back the team even when things arent going well. Supporters create the atmosphere.

We as supporters need to be on our A game roaring the side on every time the team turn out from start to finish. This could make the vital difference in us lifting title 55 this season

1. Pre match fan zone.
2. Safe standing
3. Move union bears to the middle front of SJ. (Means they spread to more people and front and centre of the hard camera)
6. Do away with the horrific Ibrox DJ, this bits n pieces etc nonsense has to go ASAP.

Well said.

We as supporters need to be on our A game roaring the side on every time the team turn out from start to finish. This could make the vital difference in us lifting title 55 this season

Agreed but we need the right conditions. Not all fans want to sing so we need to make it easy for those that do to get together. Its not easy trying to sing when those around dont want to join in.

Perhaps rover tickets would help for certain areas like GF, CF and BF.

Agreed but we need the right conditions. Not all fans want to sing so we need to make it easy for those that do to get together. Its not easy trying to sing when those around dont want to join in.

Perhaps rover tickets would help for certain areas like GF, CF and BF.

I'm with you on that LOL 133

The gaffer definitely finds this important, and has said numerous times now he wants the stadium to be louder as he knows it can be, it's just generally its quiet.

You can’t force at atmosphere, it happens organically when the team are performing and we are successful. Not everyone wants to be a cheerleader, I sit and watch the game and end up engrossed.

Atmosphere takes care of itself in the right set of circumstances. The players job is to entertain us not the other way about. While I appreciate Stevie G and his call to arms after a hard fought game , its them that are ultimately on thousands to perform in the cold and rain not me.

I relaxed after the third today, as most did I think.

You can’t force at atmosphere, it happens organically when the team are performing and we are successful. Not everyone wants to be a cheerleader, I sit and watch the game and end up engrossed.

Atmosphere takes care of itself in the right set of circumstances. The players job is to entertain us not the other way about. While I appreciate Stevie G and his call to arms after a hard fought game , its them that are ultimately on thousands to perform in the cold and rain not me.

I relaxed after the third today, as most did I think.
you don't think the gaffer had anything at all to do with the Ibrox atmophere yesterday? there's plenty of ways to better Ibrox atmosphere imo surprised you said this considering whole of Ibrox rely on the union bears to better the atmosphere

1. Pre match fan zone.
2. Safe standing

Brilliant post and would guarantee Ibrox bouncing once again .

A wee rumour doing the rounds that Mr Gerrard himself has asked for the UB to be more prominent and the singing section expanded . Don’t know how true .

Went to the LAFC v NY Red Bulls game last night (finished 4-2 to LA)...must say the North End safe standing section which houses 3200 supporters from within 9 supporters groups under one banner called the 3252 at the Banc of California stadium has amped up the football match day experience here ....its non stop drums, flags, banners, smoke and singing the whole game...

https://www.the3252.com/supportergroups

here's a video of Vela making it 3-2 from the spot last night..

Last edited:
Move ub, surround the tunnel, whack the drummer on the seat above the tunnel, make teams fear walking out at Ibrox more than they already do.

Went to the LAFC v NY Red Bulls game last night (finished 4-2 to LA)...must say the North End safe standing section which houses 3200 supporters from within 9 supporters groups under one banner called the 3252 at the Banc of California stadium has amped up the football match day experience here ....its non stop drums, flags, banners, smoke and singing the whole game...

kind of depression but expected that MLS are more progressive with this than scotland

Tbf that’s decent from American standards but they’re trying too hard to be like European Ultras.

That’s what I love about Rangers, we have a traditional songbook with European ultra style chants mixed in.

A full safe standing section like that filled with RSC’s and the Union Bears front and centre is what’s needed.

Tbf that’s decent from American standards but they’re trying too hard to be like European Ultras.

That’s what I love about Rangers, we have a traditional songbook with European ultra style chants mixed in.

A full safe standing section like that filled with RSC’s and the Union Bears front and centre is what’s needed.

Bang on the money mate.

SG once again highlighted how much the fans help the team when Ibrox is rocking and despite this being brought up by him so often there's still those that for whatever reason don't join in, feel like in this thread we should discuss in ways to get everyone involved in Ibrox atmosphere and discuss what stops those that don't join etc and posting song lyrics to songs you feel lack involvement from fans as well as talk about ways to have other stands rocking in sync with UB (for those that don't like the UB if Ibrox didn't rely on UB they wouldn't need to lead the way)
Sing Rangers songs.

Certainly think the U.B.s are the key to a better atmosphere,Safe standing,increased numbers and a more prominent position,
They might not be everybody's cup tea but when they lead others tend to follow,
More colour would help the concourses are very drab the new U.B. logo is an example of brightening things up probably more to do with match day experience than atmosphere.

Certainly think the U.B.s are the key to a better atmosphere,Safe standing,increased numbers and a more prominent position,
They might not be everybody's cup tea but when they lead others tend to follow,
More colour would help the concourses are very drab the new U.B. logo is an example of brightening things up probably more to do with match day experience than atmosphere.
aye same people that moan about UB and make nae attempt at bettering the atmosphere don't seem to realize that there the reason Ibrox relys on UB

Back