rangers atmosphere ideas thread

Yeah I'm one of those ''Da's'', at the wrong end of my 60's, I try my best to get involved in the atmosphere, but when I try to sing loudly I go into a fit of coughing, I can't clap for to long as I have severe arthritis in my hands.also I cant do the bouncy as my two knees are phucked….Thought the atmosphere was great on Sunday up to 15 mins to go then people started to leave,WHY???.....IMO move the UB to the middle of Broomloan and Copland stands

To be fair you sound like you make for of an effort to try create an atmosphere than people half your age.

The Blue/Orange Wall

UB safe standing and let them expand.

Put the words of some of the songs up on the screens! Might encourage people to join in?

Chris Lee is the managing director of Populous, the architects working on Tottenham's ground who also designed the Emirates, the new Wembley and London's Olympic Stadium.

"Atmosphere is part science and part art," he tells ESPN FC. "We spent a lot of time, with Spurs particularly, looking at sound and acoustics. The South Stand is a nod to great ends like Dortmund and the Kop in Liverpool, because the acoustics on those stands work fantastically well. Most songs break down when it takes the sound a while to get from one end to another, and when one end gets out of sync. In a single tier, there's a much quicker reverberation time, so you'll get a much quicker 'dialogue' between the South Stand and the rest of the stadium."

Lee also worked with sound engineers to work out the best way of keeping noise in. "The roof is really what you might expect in a concert hall, although a football stadium is a much more complex environment. It's all about creating this incredible noise."

Last edited:
I don't see how bands and cheerleaders would improve the atmosphere. Or even a Fanzone.

These are all gimmicks.

A more fluid seat/stand arrangement would probably help. If you are around guys you maybe see on away trips, there would be a bit more noise.

The UBs do a fine job, as did TBO before. The majority don't want to be involved in a singing section.

I don't expect anything of them. The question was asked for ways of improving the atmosphere. This is only a suggestion, not a demand
Yes but you want UB to come on here. Why? What difference does that make?

They’ve tried before to get fans to turn up well before kick off and get the stadium jumping and it didn’t work.

There is literally nothing that can be done, other than safe standing.

Yes but you want UB to come on here. Why? What difference does that make?

They’ve tried before to get fans to turn up well before kick off and get the stadium jumping and it didn’t work.

There is literally nothing that can be done, other than safe standing.
Charlie and buckfast

Back