Match Thread Rangers B v Celtic B - live on RTV - 1pm kick off, Saturday 19th March

Definitely, I would rather see youngsters like Lowry step up than see us waste time again with a player like Bacuna.
It's hard to make that judgment call if Bacuna comes in, hits the ground running and becomes a great signing but if the whole point of a signing is someone who's going to be a backup option, then younger players coming in probably contribute just as much. There's no scientific formula for it but I'd say you're more likely to get a decent return out of a promising youngster than signing a journeyman and hoping that this is the right club and system for them. The last time we seemed to learn this lesson was due to the financial constraints around 2012 but even players who've gone on to achieve very little in the game (relatively speaking) played their part in the squad like Wylde, Ness and Wilson.

Good game, we fought from the start and had the stronger side. The boys at times made silly mistakes, i probably noticed the mistakes more from the Rangers players more than the Celtc but that's because I wasn't focusing as much on them.

All in all, we deserved that win, possibly 5 as could have done a bit more in the 2nd half.

Back