Rangers B vs Celtic B

I think so too and it’ll be the final nail in the coffin for “the best derby in the world”

Sanitised muck now, feel sorry for anyone 18 or under who didn’t get to properly experience games at Ibrox/Parkhead when there was 8,000 opposition fans
You must be really young, I remember when we had the whole Rangers end and a quarter of the Jungle and Main Stand

It’s 12pm, midday on Hogmanay, when loads of people will be working and/or doing things with their families

If it was a 5pm/7pm kick off I could maybe understand but everyone will be leaving Ibrox by 2pm and folk will have parties/gatherings arranged for the bells

It’s a youth game so I highly doubt people would be going back to rangers/Celtic pubs en masse after it
Valid points, just trying to imagine it from their perspective :))

It’s 12pm, midday on Hogmanay, when loads of people will be working and/or doing things with their families

If it was a 5pm/7pm kick off I could maybe understand but everyone will be leaving Ibrox by 2pm and folk will have parties/gatherings arranged for the bells

It’s a youth game so I highly doubt people would be going back to rangers/Celtic pubs en masse after it
I hope they go back to the Rangers pubs lol

Obviously not my decision to make. Can't see it happening though. Give them your seat if your so keen to have more of them in. Don't understand fans wanting our own season ticket holders to do without games just to have more of them in.
I have never once said I want any ST holder to be locked out of the stadium. Yes, some may need to be relocated but I don’t want any ST holders to not get access to the game

Just for clarity

Would make it 100x better, enhance the atmosphere and let the young ones experience what a proper Rangers/Celtic game is like instead of the sanitised garbage we have now
It's been diet Old firm for a while now Long before allocations were cut.
Our songbook being culled and all seater stadiums haven't helped.

It's been diet Old firm for a while now Long before allocations were cut.
Our songbook being culled and all seater stadiums haven't helped.
The decline in the last 3 years has been remarkable, never mind moving towards 0 away fans

I do believe 8,000 was too many but 800 was too few. However, the move to 800 has sanitised it that much that people will now accept having 0 away fans. The thought of 0 away fans makes me want to vomit

The decline in the last 3 years has been remarkable, never mind moving towards 0 away fans

I do believe 8,000 was too many but 800 was too few. However, the move to 800 has sanitised it that much that people will now accept having 0 away fans. The thought of 0 away fans makes me want to vomit
The thought of none of them in Ibrox is a dream. I have literally zero interest in hearing them sing pro ira songs for 90 minutes.

I guess if you view ira songs and tri colours as just football songs and flags then you wouldn’t really mind hearing or seeing them near you.

Can only assume that’s the boat @Aww Skew is in here

Reactions: VGM
Sign of things to come for the senior teams too, no doubt. Appreciate the clarity

Police have far too much say in things, the clubs should be saying away fans are coming and the police have the job of ensuring it’s policed - they shouldn’t be allowed to decide whether away fans are allowed or not

I think given the issues at a previous old firm youth game I can understand the position. However I think it’s not realistic to feel that there will be no away fans in senior football. Nothing to suggest that’s a push.

I think that would kill the atmosphere personally but it's all opinions.
I don’t agree. Actually some of the worst atmospheres I experienced at derby games at Ibrox was when they got the broomloan. One of the better ones in recent times was the 1-0 Ryan Jack game

I think given the issues at a previous old firm youth game I can understand the position. However I think it’s not realistic to feel that there will be no away fans in senior football. Nothing to suggest that’s a push.
Not with you?

You saying there’s nothing to suggest that’s the road we’re going down? I’d suggest it’s entirely possible given the complete pettiness of the Rangers/Celtic boards at present - everything seems to be tit for tat

I’d say the Celtic board are the protagonists now, after they felt aggrieved with the allocation cut (my views are clear) but I could see them pandering to an element of their fanbase and our board would willingly reciprocate

Honestly believe both boards would be delighted if there was 0 away fans. The derby has been completely devalued in my eyes

I wonder if the Union Bears will ask for the Copland Govan corner for this game they were in this area when we played Wrexham in 2019 and they created a decent atmosphere.

Not with you?

You saying there’s nothing to suggest that’s the road we’re going down? I’d suggest it’s entirely possible given the complete pettiness of the Rangers/Celtic boards at present - everything seems to be tit for tat

I’d say the Celtic board are the protagonists now, after they felt aggrieved with the allocation cut (my views are clear) but I could see them pandering to an element of their fanbase and our board would willingly reciprocate

Honestly believe both boards would be delighted if there was 0 away fans. The derby has been completely devalued in my eyes
Don’t want to derail the thread, but most of the folk I know my age (fair whack of people through school, uni, work, college, playing football and going to football) all agree.

We watch YouTube clips of games we never got to experience and would kill for that atmosphere at some of our games - the lack of verbal battle between both fans takes away some of the edge and intensity.

The best compromise would be a YB/Brondby style allocation.

(Can’t believe I’ve joined this debate in a B team thread :)))

Don’t want to derail the thread, but most of the folk I know my age (fair whack of people through school, uni, work, college, playing football and going to football) all agree.

We watch YouTube clips of games we never got to experience and would kill for that atmosphere at some of our games - the lack of verbal battle between both fans takes away some of the edge and intensity.

The best compromise would be a YB/Brondby style allocation.

(Can’t believe I’ve joined this debate in a B team thread :)))
Welcome to the dark side mate, do you feel dirty agreeing with me?

Do you mean they agree with me? If so, you’ve made me happy. Feel as if I’m fighting a losing battle but I’ll continue to be that greeting faced cunt on FF for as long as I’m allowed :)

Compromise is all I’m after, all ST holders are sorted. Give them 2,000/2,500 and I’ll be delighted. The B game could be a trial run

Not with you?

Mate, think you need to value the football more if you don’t feel OF matches are as valuable/important as previously.

Welcome to the dark side mate, do you feel dirty agreeing with me?

Do you mean they agree with me? If so, you’ve made me happy. Feel as if I’m fighting a losing battle but I’ll continue to be that greeting faced cunt on FF for as long as I’m allowed :)

Compromise is all I’m after, all ST holders are sorted. Give them 2,000/2,500 and I’ll be delighted. The B game could be a trial run
Aye, we all agree with you on this particular issue haha - first game I seen us beat them was the Ryan Jack game and I genuinely felt sick at one point because it was so intense.

I don’t imagine that was even as good as some of the games before 2012.

Mate, think you need to value the football more if you don’t feel OF matches are as valuable/important as previously.
Footballs more than just the 90min; it’s the night before, the bus to the game, the anticipation for teams coming out, singing to drown them out etc

I can remember having a buzz for derby matches like a week before, proper excitement. Doesn’t feel anywhere near the same anymore and I include my trips to Parkhead as part of the 800

Give me 90min in the rangers end at Easter road over the sanitised derby these days, genuinely

Footballs more than just the 90min; it’s the night before, the bus to the game, the anticipation for teams coming out, singing to drown them out etc

I can remember having a buzz for derby matches like a week before, proper excitement. Doesn’t feel anywhere near the same anymore and I include my trips to Parkhead as part of the 800

Give me 90min in the rangers end at Easter road over the sanitised derby these days, genuinely
Give me 90 minute victory and you can have the night before

Give me 90 minute victory and you can have the night before
Since the reduction we’ve won 2 at home, lost 1. (Not including 1-0 Helander as no away fans)

At Parkhead we’ve lost 2 and won 1. The results are pretty much the same, this notion the reduction somehow benefitted us is a nonsense

It just so happened it coincided with us having a capable team and not relying on absolute jokers like Russell Martin, Cummings, Hodson, Sean Goss, David Bates and absolute mung like Beerman

Think you are ascribing a cause and effect where there is none. Plenty still have the OF buzz regardless of the crowd. Some get it even when they can’t go to the match.

But that’s just my opinion.

Think you are ascribing a cause and effect where there is none. Plenty still have the OF buzz regardless of the crowd. Some get it even when they can’t go to the match.

But that’s just my opinion.
Not ascribing anything, I’m telling you how it is from the perspective of someone that has experienced the home/away games first hand since the reduction.

I know many others that say the same as me, people kid themselves on if they think it’s still the same

Re the bold part: if you don’t actually go to games then there’s no real difference to your “experience”, is there? That’s like saying someone that goes to every single game should be able to watch it on tv and have the same buzz that they would if they were going to it, purely because others can watch on tv and get up for it. Doesn’t work like that

Since the reduction we’ve won 2 at home, lost 1. (Not including 1-0 Helander as no away fans)

At Parkhead we’ve lost 2 and won 1. The results are pretty much the same, this notion the reduction somehow benefitted us is a nonsense

It just so happened it coincided with us having a capable team and not relying on absolute jokers like Russell Martin, Cummings, Hodson, Sean Goss, David Bates and absolute mung like Beerman
I have enjoyed the atmosphere better since we binned them

Back