Rangers B vs Celtic B

What’s the league looking like?

Is the Tim’s B team any good?
They’re 6 points behind us, but have a game in hand. Neither of us likely to win the league, we’re 7 points behind the leaders. I’d fancy us to beat Celtic though, 3-1 I will say.

Not sure how many of their players have been in and around the first team (ironically one of their B team players has played for our first team, albeit he won’t be playing) but a few of ours have been on the bench for our first team this season.

Probably not a great deal between the sides, but we will win :))

They’re 6 points behind us, but have a game in hand. Neither of us likely to win the league, we’re 7 points behind the leaders. I’d fancy us to beat Celtic though, 3-1 I will say.

Not sure how many of their players have been in and around the first team (ironically one of their B team players has played for our first team, albeit he won’t be playing) but a few of ours have been on the bench for our first team this season.

Probably not a great deal between the sides, but we will win :))
Realistically, are any good enough to actually make it in the first team?

Realistically, are any good enough to actually make it in the first team?
Meh, hard to say just now.

Few of them have good chances, need to see them develop this year then head out on loan next season and join our more developed youngsters a la Mayo, Middleton, Kennedy and Williamson.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the older ones like McCann and Alegria went out on loan in January to be honest, they’ll be too old for the B team next season.

They play good stuff though, and it’ll be interesting to see how some of them take to the atmosphere at Ibrox for this game.

I think some will thrive on it to be fair :))

They’re playing in the YCL tomorrow too, so depending on where I am at that time I might try to get a watch - they’ve done well in that competition this season but they’re still playing against kids.

Not ascribing anything, I’m telling you how it is from the perspective of someone that has experienced the home/away games first hand since the reduction.

I know many others that say the same as me, people kid themselves on if they think it’s still the same

Re the bold part: if you don’t actually go to games then there’s no real difference to your “experience”, is there? That’s like saying someone that goes to every single game should be able to watch it on tv and have the same buzz that they would if they were going to it, purely because others can watch on tv and get up for it. Doesn’t work like that

I get that’s your perspective and you are entitled to think what you like.

I’ve been to all the games in my 5 years at the club - that win there with 800 of us was as enjoyable as any.

I get that’s your perspective and you are entitled to think what you like.

I’ve been to all the games in my 5 years at the club - that win there with 800 of us was as enjoyable as any.
The win, yes. The atmosphere was terrible and if there was 7000 more of us the experience would’ve been 100x better

The 2 wins in 2018/19 season were incomparable to the wins I experienced under Walter Smith/McCoist. All about opinions though

Surely BF1 would be bouncing anyways? Can tell you other parts of the stadium are as good now as before when we are doing well in an OF
The atmosphere for 3-2 Aluko in 2012 pisses all over anything since they’ve been reduced to 800

BF1 were moved to the corner that day and the atmosphere was incredible

Not with you?

You saying there’s nothing to suggest that’s the road we’re going down? I’d suggest it’s entirely possible given the complete pettiness of the Rangers/Celtic boards at present - everything seems to be tit for tat

I’d say the Celtic board are the protagonists now, after they felt aggrieved with the allocation cut (my views are clear) but I could see them pandering to an element of their fanbase and our board would willingly reciprocate

Honestly believe both boards would be delighted if there was 0 away fans. The derby has been completely devalued in my eyes
The atmosphere at the Jack game was the best I have experienced going to Ibrox for these games in 30 years.

It may be devalued in your eyes but I would bet that you are in the minority of Rangers fans with that view.

Take a step back, you are pushing for us to treat a club whose fans would sing about the IRA, huns, orange b's for 90 minutes better than every other club in Scotland. They get the same allocation as every other club.

Anyway this is a thread about the B team. Hopefully we can sell as many tickets as possible.

I don’t agree. Actually some of the worst atmospheres I experienced at derby games at Ibrox was when they got the broomloan. One of the better ones in recent times was the 1-0 Ryan Jack game
I agree with this,i too have been in our end at the house of secrets with 15 k and remember when they used to get some of our enclosure and main stand,i think giving them the whole broomlan stand is the main bug bear fot most of us and were tucked away in corner out of site at there dump,even the last Helander goal game i thought the atmosphere was still great,we dont need 7k of mutants to make it a great atmosphere at Ibrox.

I agree with this,i too have been in our end at the house of secrets with 15 k and remember when they used to get some of our enclosure and main stand,i think giving them the whole broomlan stand is the main bug bear fot most of us and were tucked away in corner out of site at there dump,even the last Helander goal game i thought the atmosphere was still great,we dont need 7k of mutants to make it a great atmosphere at Ibrox.
If you want to retain the best/biggest/most hatred-fuelled derby in the world that appeals to neutrals then you do.

You cannot be the above with no away fans in an echo chamber.

Ajax-Feyenoord is nothing like it used to be due to away fans being banned.

If you want to retain the best/biggest/most hatred-fuelled derby in the world that appeals to neutrals then you do.

You cannot be the above with no away fans in an echo chamber.

Ajax-Feyenoord is nothing like it used to be due to away fans being banned.
Maybe,just a personal opinion hampden games 50/50 no problem but im dead against giving them the whole broomlan as the old allocation they used too prime seats and i really believe an advantage with them behind that goal and you cant tell me its not deliberate we are stuck out of view in the corner of there dump,it had to change and has ,if/when they are in Ibrox again keep them out of sight it can never go back to them in that whole stand.

Maybe,just a personal opinion hampden games 50/50 no problem but im dead against giving them the whole broomlan as the old allocation they used too prime seats and i really believe an advantage with them behind that goal and you cant tell me its not deliberate we are stuck out of view in the corner of there dump,it had to change and has ,if/when they are in Ibrox again keep them out of sight it can never go back to them in that whole stand.
I do agree the full stand was too much in a 50k seater mate.

But there is a happy medium between 8k and 800.

Ryan Jack game is overrated to fuck

3-2 Aluko game from 2012 pisses all over that. They had the full broomloan that day
Do you remember the reason the atmosphere was good that day in 2012? Like you have given a pretty extreme example of when the atmosphere was good and they had the stand.

It’s minging that you actually want more of them in the ground. Imagine quoting the SLO and basically begging that he arranges they get into Ibrox.

What a weird guy. Where’s the ignore function on here.

Do you remember the reason the atmosphere was good that day in 2012? Like you have given a pretty extreme example of when the atmosphere was good and they had the stand.

It’s minging that you actually want more of them in the ground. Imagine quoting the SLO and basically begging that he arranges they get into Ibrox.

What a weird guy. Where’s the ignore function on here.
Ok, another example is the 4-2 game the same season.

I’m so offended haha. “I don’t agree with someone so I’m going to be a child and block their views”. Grow up, I’m going to presume you’re a fully grown adult as well :D

Sing over the top of them then.
Sorry, I don’t view pro ira songs as just football songs and I have no desire to have them sang near me and at a volume that I have to “sing over the top of them”.

I honestly don’t care about your most heated derby in the world point of view. Believe me, I absolutely despise the sight of them, I don’t need thousands of them singing at me to know this. I don’t care if this upsets a fucking neutral watching on the tv either

Reactions: VGM
Kennedy and King were same level as Patterson not that long ago. So i would maybe say them? The boys they signed this year McCann and the next Alfie will have a chance as both highly rated
I’d quite like us to try get a loan deal for a king at an SPL club, admittedly he’s the only one I recognise outwith the Colombian striker

Ok, another example is the 4-2 game the same season.

I’m so offended haha. “I don’t agree with someone so I’m going to be a child and block their views”. Grow up, I’m going to presume you’re a fully grown adult as well :D
Yes, as a fully grown adult man I am choosing to ignore someone that is practically begging a Rangers employee to arrange celtic fans get into Ibrox.

Yes, as a fully grown adult man I am choosing to ignore someone that is practically begging a Rangers employee to arrange celtic fans get into Ibrox.
I’d advise not to read mygers threads going forward, they might not make sense :eek: :D

I’d quite like us to try get a loan deal for a king at an SPL club, admittedly he’s the only one I recognise outwith the Colombian striker
Kennedy looked good. Been on loan last two years. Hope he gets a chance. I think King will want to be in first team squad next season if signing new deal to stay

The win, yes. The atmosphere was terrible and if there was 7000 more of us the experience would’ve been 100x better

The 2 wins in 2018/19 season were incomparable to the wins I experienced under Walter Smith/McCoist. All about opinions though

The wins in your 20s being incomparable to the ones in your teens? Think that’s just getting older bud :)

The wins in your 20s being incomparable to the ones in your teens? Think that’s just getting older bud :)
Touché. When can we debate mygers again, this humorous, personable version of yourself is making me feel bad about my rants

Kennedy and King were same level as Patterson not that long ago. So i would maybe say them? The boys they signed this year McCann and the next Alfie will have a chance as both highly rated
Kennedy isn’t in the B team mate, he’s in the crop of players above them currently out on loan. He done well last season on loan, but hasn’t kicked on this season.

King certainly has potential, I suspect he’ll go out on loan next season as he’ll be 18 and hopefully a bit more suited to adult football.

If he renews, of course.

As I’ve mentioned in the thread, I suspect the two other lads you mentioned I imagine will go out on loan too. Whilst Alegria is a unit and rapid, he doesn’t have the technical ability of a Tony Weston for example.

He looks coachable though.

McCann is probably the closest to the first team, which you’d expect considering his pedigree.

Good! I am actually really nice :). If you’d taking up my offer to join one of the focus groups I’m sure you’d have seen that.

But not this week - Lyon is bad enough
Pantomime villain, that’s all haha. It’s never been personal though I’m quick enough to cry about things when going wrong so only fair I give positive feedback too

I’ve been on a focus group before many moons ago

Kennedy isn’t in the B team mate, he’s in the crop of players above them currently out on loan. He done well last season on loan, but hasn’t kicked on this season.

King certainly has potential, I suspect he’ll go out on loan next season as he’ll be 18 and hopefully a bit more suited to adult football.

If he renews, of course.

As I’ve mentioned in the thread, I suspect the two other lads you mentioned I imagine will go out on loan too. Whilst Alegria is a unit and rapid, he doesn’t have the technical ability of a Tony Weston for example.

He looks coachable though.

McCann is probably the closest to the first team, which you’d expect considering his pedigree.
In theory, could a few play in the Scottish cup with the first team and drop back down for the B team league games?

In theory, could a few play in the Scottish cup with the first team and drop back down for the B team league games?
Yeah man, think they can play 5 first team games before they become ineligible for the B team - would be a wasted opportunity not to give a couple some minutes IMO.

Yeah man, think they can play 5 first team games before they become ineligible for the B team - would be a wasted opportunity not to give a couple some minutes IMO.
Exactly my thoughts, King and at least 1 other could easily start

Rather that than likes of Simpson/Barker getting another chance

It’s available to the vast majority of fans and is at Ibrox.

Also providing a very good junior MyGers discount for the kids looking to go to the game
Didn’t know about that as I haven’t bought our tickets yet, that’s pretty good of the club to be fair - wee brother loves these games.

Back