Rangers barrels

Intrepid

I've recently started a business making 1.4L whisky barrels. They are made from ex whisky casks. They are aimed at the 2m whisky tourists who visit whisky distilleries each year. However, I was prompted by a thread on here which asked what products you would like to see in the post Fatso Rangers shop. I made some prototype Rangers barrels. I also made some clocks (also in solid oak)
I've been in contact with Scott Morrison (head of commercial partnerships) at the club. He feels that the Rangers support would be interested in Rangers branded wee whisky barrels.
It would help if you were to give me some feedback on the wee barrels (and clocks).
The wee barrels are perfectly functional in that they will further mature any spirit you put in the cask. It needn't be whisky. They will work with bourbon, vodka, rum, gin. Any spirit really.
I displayed the prototypes recently at the memorabilia day at the Louden (Thank you Robert).
As for price, I would have get some agreement with the club before I know what this would be at the shop.
So, whadya think?

As you asked for feedback, I’m not too keen on the clocks. But that’s just me.

The barrels are cool. I prefer the red one to the realLy plain one. Just has something a bit more eye catching about I guess.

very creative, nice idea. All the best with the venture.

As you asked for feedback, I’m not too keen on the clocks. But that’s just me.

The barrels are cool. I prefer the red one to the realLy plain one. Just has something a bit more eye catching about I guess.

very creative, nice idea. All the best with the venture.

Thank you Tailwind. Much appreciated.

The red one has perspex ends. It's the whisky inside the cask that's making it that colour.

The barrels are superb mate

I like the clocks as well, can I suggest a clock for hanging rather than free standing

I think they’re quite classy. Thankfully the thread title precludes the possibility of Joe Harper featuring.
But, yes, I think that’s one of the Christmas presents sorted. Well done, I also like the clocks.

Very good and would most definitely buy them.

Out of interest, what are the inside of the barrels coated with and how long does a spirit keep once decanted as they are liable to evaporation.

They look cracking though :) :))

Barrels look great mate. The clock would be better as a wall clock imo but look well made nonetheless.

You'll need to share your website as im sure my old man would love one of those barrels!

Very good and would most definitely buy them.

Out of interest, what are the inside of the barrels coated with and how long does a spirit keep once decanted as they are liable to evaporation.

They look cracking though :) :))
There is no coating inside the barrel. The inside of the cask is lightly charred in exactly the same way as full size barrels. There is no glue, sealant, resin. The are made from ex Macallan casks. Just oak and stainless steel.

There is no coating inside the barrel. The inside of the cask is lightly charred in exactly the same way as full size barrels. There is no glue, sealant, resin. The are made from ex Macallan casks. Just oak and stainless steel.
You are correct there will be an element of evaporation (The Angel's share). The work in exactly the same way as normal barrels.

2nd pic bottom left glass style one looks great and modern ,all will sell to a degree especially run up to Christmas.

Good luck

I like the perspex one.

The others look plain.

I think it would be better if they could stained or dyed, to produce more colour.

How much do they hold ?

Ta2p0vL.gif

I like the perspex one.

The others look plain.

I think it would be better if they could stained or dyed, to produce more colour.

How much do they hold ?
Cheers flootbon. Oak is porous. Any stain or dye you apply could contaminate the contents of the cask.
If the cask is for display only the staining and or vanishing is definitely an option.
The casks hold 1.4 Litres (2 bottles).

I like them and if I had the space, I'd buy one.

Only thing is from my POV is, how easy is it to get the last 20% out? Assuming you have to tip it?

They look great. Would be perfect on the bar of loads of home pubs built during lockdown.

I’d watch with the use of the RFC logos. Trademarks I believe. Maybe a license opportunity with Rangers?

I think you're onto a winner with the barrels - very nice. but i'm less sure about the clocks - does anyone use them any more? don't people get the time off their phone or PC? anyway good luck

Not being a spirit drinker, but I think (and yes, I'm being a pain in the arse here) that a barrel with a clock face would be a cracking piece in a Rangers Den. The all look superb tbh.

I like them and if I had the space, I'd buy one.

Only thing is from my POV is, how easy is it to get the last 20% out? Assuming you have to tip it?
To totally empty the cask you simply pick it up with the bung removed, turn it over bung hole down and the open the valve. The cask will completely empty.

Back