Rangers barrels

Not my thing to be honest but I thoroughly respect the skill that has went into making them. A boy on our bus is a Cooper. It’s a tough and very skilful job.
Best of luck to the OP!

These look great, I prefer the traditional barrel over the Perspex but both look good! On my Xmas list along with a couple of bottles to fill it.

very nice mate ,some hours into making them i'd say .well done and hope it goes well for you.
great to see tradional skills flourshing .
are we allowed to put irish in them as in bush :))

Do you mean put a clock face on the barrel end?
Reply 2. Just thinking possibly stupidly but for people who have no interest in Whiskey I am sure you could use the barrel for some device that changes the face of the clock colour or maybe even players faces. I am probably rumbling on.

The wee barrels look excellent. Not a massive fan of the clocks but I think there genuinely would still be a fair bit of interest in them. The barrels on the other hand must surely generate a lot of interest. A great gift for someone, great for someone to have in their blue room - something that would look good sitting in a bar as well.

Cheers flootbon. Oak is porous. Any stain or dye you apply could contaminate the contents of the cask.
If the cask is for display only the staining and or vanishing is definitely an option.
The casks hold 1.4 Litres (2 bottles).

Thanks for that. Some whiskies are distasteful at the best of times, without contamination.

The size is too large for me. A bottle, or even half bottle, would be a better option. I'd look into what size of barrel potential customers would prefer.

2 bottles, they looked smaller in first picture to me however on my way over to site now - great idea

ps cant find personalised with tap ?

I'll definitely be going for a barrel and clock. Keeping the barrel topped up will be a problem though. ;)

A welcome addition to all the 'Man caves/Blue Room's'.

If and when you get the license from Rangers would certainly be interested.

There is no coating inside the barrel. The inside of the cask is lightly charred in exactly the same way as full size barrels. There is no glue, sealant, resin. The are made from ex Macallan casks. Just oak and stainless steel.

having worked for Macallan the market for ex Macallan casks is huge! They alone would be worth a fortune!

Just a suggestion - the non personalised ones may appeal to more people with less of your company branding on them.

I personally wouldn’t spend over £100 on something like that if it is basically an advertisement for the company I bought it from on both the front and the stand.

Just my honest feedback - Big respect for anyone who’s got a skill like this and wish you every success with the venture.

I've recently started a business making 1.4L whisky barrels. They are made from ex whisky casks. They are aimed at the 2m whisky tourists who visit whisky distilleries each year. However, I was prompted by a thread on here which asked what products you would like to see in the post Fatso Rangers shop. I made some prototype Rangers barrels. I also made some clocks (also in solid oak)
I've been in contact with Scott Morrison (head of commercial partnerships) at the club. He feels that the Rangers support would be interested in Rangers branded wee whisky barrels.
It would help if you were to give me some feedback on the wee barrels (and clocks).
The wee barrels are perfectly functional in that they will further mature any spirit you put in the cask. It needn't be whisky. They will work with bourbon, vodka, rum, gin. Any spirit really.
I displayed the prototypes recently at the memorabilia day at the Louden (Thank you Robert).
As for price, I would have get some agreement with the club before I know what this would be at the shop.
So, whadya think?

Probably a silly question, are you able to ship to Perth Australia by any chance?

Probably a silly question, are you able to ship to Perth Australia by any chance?
Yes. I've sent some to the US. I'd be delighted to ship them down under.
I can stencil whatever you want on the cask.
Your name, your bar, your RSC, your event.
And to answer Bristol bnose's point #70 similarly. You can have personalised messages on the stand too.

2 bottles, they looked smaller in first picture to me however on my way over to site now - great idea

ps cant find personalised with tap ?
Hi Bakubear,
Can I get back to you later today? My IT guru won't be until this afternoon
I'll message you.

Fantastic mate. Well done. Clocks aren't my thing but I'd definitely be up for a barrel.

Hi Bakubear,
Can I get back to you later today? My IT guru won't be until this afternoon
I'll message you.

Take your time as expect with the note on this forum you may get swamped and rightly so for such a great product. I wont be back in Blighty till end of year at best and also may need to ask permission from my CEO / finance director - or just take the crap from her later as usual )

Not being an expert on whisky etc i assume you can pour a bottle into the cask And it won’t go off

my old man likes a whisky now and again

The barrels are cracking but a bit pricy. Can you get them made without any inscriptions on them to drive down the cost?

I seasoned this cask with some ruby port. It now contains 2 bottles of Speyside malt. Should be nice.

Barrels are very nice.

Couple of questions mate -

How long did you season the barrels with the Port?

After the Port seasoning, how long would you need to keep the Whisky in it to take on some of the Port flavours?

Once you've finished the Whisky, I'm guessing you'd need to season the barrel again before adding the Whisky?

Can I thank you all for your feedback.
This is massively helpful. I'll be looking to make some progress with our club asap.
I will keep you all updated with developments.

It's obvious there are mixed opinions on the clocks. TBH they were made just prior to the memorabilia day at the Louden. Please feedback any ideas you have for alternative designs. I personally think the Stevie G clock is great. I think I've developed manlove.

They look cracking and a lot of time went into them but to be honest no chance would I pay that. Possibly because I don't have a lot of expendable income

Barrels are very nice.

Couple of questions mate -

How long did you season the barrels with the Port?

After the Port seasoning, how long would you need to keep the Whisky in it to take on some of the Port flavours?

Once you've finished the Whisky, I'm guessing you'd need to season the barrel again before adding the Whisky?
In order JP&W,

This only requires a few days. I have left it for a few weeks but it's not really required from a whisky finish standpoint.

The trick here is to retain a sample of the whisky you put in the cask. You can then make a comparison of colour and taste after a few weeks. 4 minimum I'd say.

This is really a matter of personal choice. You can, but you don't have to. The whisky you add later will be influenced by whatever was last in the cask.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or require more detail let me know.

In order JP&W,

This only requires a few days. I have left it for a few weeks but it's not really required from a whisky finish standpoint.

The trick here is to retain a sample of the whisky you put in the cask. You can then make a comparison of colour and taste after a few weeks. 4 minimum I'd say.

This is really a matter of personal choice. You can, but you don't have to. The whisky you add later will be influenced by whatever was last in the cask.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or require more detail let me know.

Cheers Pal.

Great idea by the way. I do like a malt finished off in barrels that have contained a different type of wine/fortified wines.
Sauternes finish is amazing too actually. To be able to experiment yourself would definitely appeal to whisky lovers.

The Rangers barrel would take it to another level :p

Love the barrels, not keen on the clocks at all.

The barrels I would be interested in buying for myself and for gifts, but as mentioned a couple of times, I think the branding is maybe a bit too much. These will almost certainly be a discussion piece for anyone entering a room, so let the new owner do the selling for you.

Personally I would be happy with the logo on the back of the barrel, and the logo on one end of the stand to allow whoever to have it showing at the front or not depending on which way it is facing. If available like that, I would have no hesitation in buying them.

Love the barrels, not keen on the clocks at all.

The barrels I would be interested in buying for myself and for gifts, but as mentioned a couple of times, I think the branding is maybe a bit too much. These will almost certainly be a discussion piece for anyone entering a room, so let the new owner do the selling for you.

Personally I would be happy with the logo on the back of the barrel, and the logo on one end of the stand to allow whoever to have it showing at the front or not depending on which way it is facing. If available like that, I would have no hesitation in buying them.
Hi DCT,
The barrels and the stand will be personalised to your specification. It's a bit more time consuming in preparing the stencilling on the computer and having you the customer okay the images and fonts etc.
All doable.
Thank you for your feedback this is all fantastic.
My dream is to get one into the Blue Room.
I will cry if it ever happens.
Having watched the last Loving Cup ceremony where they put lemonade into Glenmorangie they could do with some guidance on matters whisky.

I've recently started a business making 1.4L whisky barrels. They are made from ex whisky casks. They are aimed at the 2m whisky tourists who visit whisky distilleries each year. However, I was prompted by a thread on here which asked what products you would like to see in the post Fatso Rangers shop. I made some prototype Rangers barrels. I also made some clocks (also in solid oak)
I've been in contact with Scott Morrison (head of commercial partnerships) at the club. He feels that the Rangers support would be interested in Rangers branded wee whisky barrels.
It would help if you were to give me some feedback on the wee barrels (and clocks).
The wee barrels are perfectly functional in that they will further mature any spirit you put in the cask. It needn't be whisky. They will work with bourbon, vodka, rum, gin. Any spirit really.
I displayed the prototypes recently at the memorabilia day at the Louden (Thank you Robert).
As for price, I would have get some agreement with the club before I know what this would be at the shop.
So, whadya think?

I will take one of each thank you just like us Gers supporters very classy

Love the barrels, would go perfect in my bar with my Bourbon collection :)
Most of the casks I've made are made from ex Macallan sherry butts. However I have made some from ex Heaven Hill bourbon barrels. Sounds like a plan.

Hi DCT,
The barrels and the stand will be personalised to your specification. It's a bit more time consuming in preparing the stencilling on the computer and having you the customer okay the images and fonts etc.
All doable.
Thank you for your feedback this is all fantastic.
My dream is to get one into the Blue Room.
I will cry if it ever happens.
Having watched the last Loving Cup ceremony where they put lemonade into Glenmorangie they could do with some guidance on matters whisky.
Hi, good to hear they can be fully personalised. What I meant is your company logo which is on both ends of the barrel and on the stand which personally I feel is a bit much. Maybe on the website you could have a drop down menu for whether the customer would want "The Wee Barrell Co" logo on the front, back or both ends of the barrel.

This could potentially save you extra time etching the wood, and allowing customers some sort of debranding while still having your logo on the product somewhere.

Back