Rangers barrels

The clocks I think would look better without the individuals on them, I think just the crest would look smarter. The barrels are absolutely class though and I'd love one. £150 I think is a wee bitty expensive but I understand you have to make a profit. I'd be willing to buy direct at that price to support independent businesses but don't think I'd pay that in the shop.

[/QU
Can I thank you all for your feedback.
This is massively helpful. I'll be looking to make some progress with our club asap.
I will keep you all updated with developments.

It's obvious there are mixed opinions on the clocks. TBH they were made just prior to the memorabilia day at the Louden. Please feedback any ideas you have for alternative designs. I personally think the Stevie G clock is great. I think I've developed manlove.

You are correct there will be an element of evaporation (The Angel's share). The work in exactly the same way as normal barrels.
Having worked in a cooperage many years ago, for one of the biggest bluenoses ever, in wee Tam Guthrie, firstly I reckon Tam would have loved them, they look superb.
As for the lining of a whisky barrel, or any other barrel, we used Sherry, then spun the barrel. The Sherry swells the wood to seal the barrel and coats it at the same time, but doesn’t taint the flavour of the content.

Not being an expert on whisky etc i assume you can pour a bottle into the cask And it won’t go off

my old man likes a whisky now and again
Hi mate,
It most certainly will not go off. The cask will further mature any spirit added to the cask. The longer you leave it the better it gets. It's a test of your patience. Because the ratio of oak to spirit is much smaller than a full size barrel it will mature any spirit you put in the cask about 3 to 4 times faster than a full size barrel. The downside to this is the rate of evaporation will increase in proportion. It you intend to leave the whisky in the cask for a considerable period of time you really need to store the cask in a shed or a garage to keep it in a cooler environment. I would consider more than 6 months as a good time of thumb.
In the attached photo the bottle on the left is the retained sample of what I put in the cask. The bottle on the right is what came out the cask after 5 months. The cask was seasoned with Buckfast. The change in character of the whisky surprised even me. Deelish.

Pedantic time mate, the logo at the bottom which I take is your company's, looks helluva like the Partick Thistle badge?,would that be engraved on the finished product?
Best of luck they look excellent bar the Thistle badge :D

They look good got one sent over from Switzerland for the dogs neck night to get in to the country though

Hi mate,
It most certainly will not go off. The cask will further mature any spirit added to the cask. The longer you leave it the better it gets. It's a test of your patience. Because the ratio of oak to spirit is much smaller than a full size barrel it will mature any spirit you put in the cask about 3 to 4 times faster than a full size barrel. The downside to this is the rate of evaporation will increase in proportion. It you intend to leave the whisky in the cask for a considerable period of time you really need to store the cask in a shed or a garage to keep it in a cooler environment. I would consider more than 6 months as a good time of thumb.
In the attached photo the bottle on the left is the retained sample of what I put in the cask. The bottle on the right is what came out the cask after 5 months. The cask was seasoned with Buckfast. The change in character of the whisky surprised even me. Deelish.
The Angels share is what they call that according to the film of the same name.

These are brilliant. Good luck on getting the go ahead from the club. Will be keeping an eye out for those becoming available, that's a definite birthday present for my old man

These are brilliant. Good luck on getting the go ahead from the club. Will be keeping an eye out for those becoming available, that's a definite birthday present for my old man
I e-mailed Rangers again on Tuesday armed with the positive response from the Bears. I'm awaiting a response. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Fantastic, not at all expensive for the quality of the product. Would add a fantastic touch to any room, from a traditional old boys dining room to a modern Blue Room.

Well done, OP.

My brother used to be a cooper. Hated Fridays when he arrived home after "steaming" the barrel and bringing home 2 bottles. (one was already consumed-drunken pain in the arse lol)
I have a few (89) bottles and would love one of these. Bit pricey so the missus would take a bit of persuading but could get one for birthday/Xmas combined.
Clocks not for me but folk would still buy.
Best of luck.

An update on The Rangers barrels.
The commercial department at the club e-mailed me last week to say that my request to use Rangers images is currently with the product licensing team.
Which probably means that once they have dealt with the Covid pandemic and completed the Brexit negotiations they will be right on it.
I'll be shouting from the rooftops when/if the agreement is in place.

I'd like one to commemorate league title 55, do you think you'll have enough come the end of the season. ;)
This is weird. When i was sitting planning the 55 firework display i had the same idea.
Commemorative 55 barrels. We could fill them with something really nice.
Any design ideas?

Great job OP as I know for a fact those Wee barrels are very time consuming to make , not as easy as many would think . Easier to rise a full barrel , fact .

Would the casks be ok to store Vodka? if so i would take one, would also love a clock.
They look excellent. Well done OP

This is weird. When i was sitting planning the 55 firework display i had the same idea.
Any design ideas?
Are you a joiner/Cooper?
They are smart and if they are all the same size I assume you have a little workshop with machines and jigs set up, or do you buy the stuff in and assemble,?
Noseyloyal.

Are you a joiner/Cooper?
They are smart and if they are all the same size I assume you have a little workshop with machines and jigs set up, or do you buy the stuff in and assemble,?
Noseyloyal.
The Wee barrels are all handmade by me from ex whisky casks. I have a workshop to produce the barrels. I can make the barrels from ex bourbon or ex sherry butts.
I really shouldn't do this but f#$* it, it might push things on a bit.

I’m waiting on mine to arrive (hopefully today) and I have to say that the amount of detail that is gone into with the OP to get these barrels right is phenomenal. We had a few conversations and messages to make sure everything was just right and there is a great amount of care going into each one.

Fantastic & unique items and a very friendly exchange all round.

Looks great. What is the tap made of? With the huge spike in home draught beer systems and the ongoing uncertainty, it's a great time to be launching something like this. Selling as a gift pack with a bottle to go with it could increase your profit margin too? Best of luck!

I like them and if I had the space, I'd buy one.

Only thing is from my POV is, how easy is it to get the last 20% out? Assuming you have to tip it?
Keep topping it up, dont let it get to that stage :eek:

ps they look great. I was expecting something a bit more obviously DIY

Looks great. What is the tap made of? With the huge spike in home draught beer systems and the ongoing uncertainty, it's a great time to be launching something like this. Selling as a gift pack with a bottle to go with it could increase your profit margin too? Best of luck!
The tap is stainless steel.
The Wee barrels are 18 bits of oak, 6 stainless steel hoops and 1 stainless steel tap.
Make your own whisky finish.
An earlier caller asked if you can put vodka in the barrels. You can put any spirit in the barrel.

Any design ideas?
I think you'd need someone with a bit more imagination than me. :rolleyes::)

The Wee barrels are all handmade by me from ex whisky casks. I have a workshop to produce the barrels. I can make the barrels from ex bourbon or ex sherry butts.
I really shouldn't do this but f#$* it, it might push things on a bit.
Ah OK, they look great mate, good luck in your little barrel venture and wherever else that may lead.

An update on The Rangers barrels.
The commercial department at the club e-mailed me last week to say that my request to use Rangers images is currently with the product licensing team.
Which probably means that once they have dealt with the Covid pandemic and completed the Brexit negotiations they will be right on it.
I'll be shouting from the rooftops when/if the agreement is in place.
What sort of price are you looking at for selling the barrels ?

They look fantastic, great work mate. Its always good to see quality workmanship in these modern times when cheap and mass produced is considered normal.

What would be a rough shipping cost to the US? Definitely interested in getting one.

They look fantastic, great work mate. Its always good to see quality workmanship in these modern times when cheap and mass produced is considered normal.

What would be a rough shipping cost to the US? Definitely interested in getting one.
I've shipped a couple to the USA. (Georgia and South Carolina). Cost is about £22.

The tap is stainless steel.
The Wee barrels are 18 bits of oak, 6 stainless steel hoops and 1 stainless steel tap.
Make your own whisky finish.
An earlier caller asked if you can put vodka in the barrels. You can put any spirit in the barrel.
That caller was me - re Vodka
Could you pm me with a price for a barrel and a clock?

cheers

Update....

The barrels I ordered arrive this afternoon and I am delighted with them - even better than I anticipated.

They are cracking, unique items for a gift for someone.. or yourself :p

It’s a very good idea mate, especially for the tourists. However, I think they’d look far better if they looked aged

I recognize you might have problems doing that, but they’d look so much more authentic and less like laser burned wood

Back