Rangers barrels

Barrels look stunning! Would love to have one of these barrels. Would soak the barrel with Buckfast to finish an Ardbeg 10. Recon it would be cracking.

Last edited:
Barrels look stunning! Would love to have one of these barrels. Would soak the barrel with Buckfast to finish an Ardbeg 10. Recon it would be a cracking.
I've already used Buckfast to season a barrel. I left the breakfast of champions in the barrel for 2 weeks and then filled it with Lidl Speyside malt and left it for 5 months. The attached pic is when I put the whisky into minature bottles.
The 3 bottles on the right of the pic are (from left to right)
1. The retained sample of whisky put in the barrel.
2. The Buckfast seasoned barrel after 5 months.
3. The Pedro Ximenez seasoned barrel after 6 months.
The whisky way surpassed my expectation. I only got 10 minatures from the PX cask because I'd taken so many "samples".

I've already used Buckfast to season a barrel. I left the breakfast of champions in the barrel for 2 weeks and then filled it with Lidl Speyside malt and left it for 5 months. The attached pic is when I put the whisky into minature bottles.
The 3 bottles on the right of the pic are (from left to right)
1. The retained sample of whisky put in the barrel.
2. The Buckfast seasoned barrel after 5 months.
3. The Pedro Ximenez seasoned barrel after 6 months.
The whisky way surpassed my expectation. I only got 10 minatures from the PX cask because I'd taken so many "samples".
Sorry wrong pic.
how to take screenshots

I've recently started a business making 1.4L whisky barrels. They are made from ex whisky casks. They are aimed at the 2m whisky tourists who visit whisky distilleries each year. However, I was prompted by a thread on here which asked what products you would like to see in the post Fatso Rangers shop. I made some prototype Rangers barrels. I also made some clocks (also in solid oak)
I've been in contact with Scott Morrison (head of commercial partnerships) at the club. He feels that the Rangers support would be interested in Rangers branded wee whisky barrels.
It would help if you were to give me some feedback on the wee barrels (and clocks).
The wee barrels are perfectly functional in that they will further mature any spirit you put in the cask. It needn't be whisky. They will work with bourbon, vodka, rum, gin. Any spirit really.
I displayed the prototypes recently at the memorabilia day at the Louden (Thank you Robert).
As for price, I would have get some agreement with the club before I know what this would be at the shop.
So, whadya think?

The clocks are harmless, relatively cool and will sell. The barrells are absolutely brilliant and I want several of them. All the people on here buying the rangers Gin and rangers whisky that were posted on here yesterday will be wanting some of these I'd imagine. I don't know the ins and outs of who makes the whisky and gin but if you were to partner up with them somewhat and somehow, I think it would benefit you both. Now that I've saw it all I wouldn't have the barrells without the rangers Gin/whisky and I wouldn't have the rangers Gin/whisky without these barrells

The clocks are harmless, relatively cool and will sell. The barrells are absolutely brilliant and I want several of them. All the people on here buying the Rangers Gin and Rangers whisky that were posted on here yesterday will be wanting some of these I'd imagine. I don't know the ins and outs of who makes the whisky and gin but if you were to partner up with them somewhat and somehow, I think it would benefit you both. Now that I've saw it all I wouldn't have the barrells without the Rangers Gin/whisky and I wouldn't have the Rangers Gin/whisky without these barrells
I've tried, oh how I've tried.
Rangers commercial team are aware. What I need them to do is act. (One way or the other). It's like skelping the arse of an elephant.

I think you’re really onto something here mate. I love these (as both a creative and whisky fan).

However, I wouldn’t be able to put one of these on my whisky shelf as they’d be too deep.

Do you have any plans to do an upright barrel with the valve near the bottom?

I've recently started a business making 1.4L whisky barrels. They are made from ex whisky casks. They are aimed at the 2m whisky tourists who visit whisky distilleries each year. However, I was prompted by a thread on here which asked what products you would like to see in the post Fatso Rangers shop. I made some prototype Rangers barrels. I also made some clocks (also in solid oak)
I've been in contact with Scott Morrison (head of commercial partnerships) at the club. He feels that the Rangers support would be interested in Rangers branded wee whisky barrels.
It would help if you were to give me some feedback on the wee barrels (and clocks).
The wee barrels are perfectly functional in that they will further mature any spirit you put in the cask. It needn't be whisky. They will work with bourbon, vodka, rum, gin. Any spirit really.
I displayed the prototypes recently at the memorabilia day at the Louden (Thank you Robert).
As for price, I would have get some agreement with the club before I know what this would be at the shop.
So, whadya think?

Up ye go

@Intrepid did you get my pm bro?
Hi Itb,
I did get your PM. Thank you very much for that. I would be delighted to provide a personalised product as required by your punters.
I have again been in touch with the commercial department at RFC. They've pretty much kicked a commercial deal with me into the long grass. "We are interested but not at this time" type answer.
I was a bit disappointed to be honest (and I told them that). The interest shown in the product and with the number contacting me to provide RFC branded barrels clearly demonstrate that the bears like this type of product. Maybe it's muddying the waters with their current whisky releases. Who knows?
Anyway, if you are interested in a "personalised" barrel do let me know.
There are now quite a few "personalised" barrels out there.

I delivered a "personalised" barrel to a customer's place of work on Tuesday. I had arranged to meet at 11.00. When I turned up to deliver the package he wasn't available. I left it with one of his colleagues. Within 15 minutes of me leaving he sent the following text.
"Hi Intrepid, apologies for being late this morning. I have just opened the parcel and the barrel is absolutely outstanding. My dad will love it and I'm more than a little jealous! The process from start to finish has been seamless, thank you very much. All the best, (name removed).

I'm getting something right.

Back