Rangers bars in Corfu?

Huck

Looking for somewhere to watch our game against the filth on Sunday. I’m staying in Agios Gordios and it’s absolutely fucking dead, with off season and Covid.

Just rented a car so happy to take a trip to watch the game if there’s any decent recommendations?

Watched a match in there probably around 10/11 years ago now wearing a Las Vegas Loyal T-shirt.

Great bar. They do themed cocktails for all the big football clubs. I have been to Kavos a few times and still have Evelyn the owner on FB lol

Looking for somewhere to watch our game against the filth on Sunday. I’m staying in Agios Gordios and it’s absolutely fucking dead, with off season and Covid.

Just rented a car so happy to take a trip to watch the game if there’s any decent recommendations?
Mate Corfu holiday season is May till October. The chances of seeing anything open in a resort is as likely as finding hobby horses shite. Corfu town is the only place thats open properly as it’s not reliant on tourists. I have had a house on the Island for 17yrs and the only pub I know that’s a Rangers pub is in Sidari but that’s still weeks away from opening. Hope your lucky.

Is that the one in nw corfu?

Mate Corfu holiday season is May till October. The chances of seeing anything open in a resort is as likely as finding hobby horses shite. Corfu town is the only place thats open properly as it’s not reliant on tourists. I have had a house on the Island for 17yrs and the only pub I know that’s a Rangers pub is in Sidari but that’s still weeks away from opening. Hope your lucky.
Is that the Paradise Bar, full of Rangers jerseys donated by a bear from Drongan?

I think you’re right there mate, I made a spontaneous booking without much investigation. Turning out to be a very different holiday than planned, more chilling, reading and even hitting the gym and such, rather than getting on the session.

I’ll probably feel great for it by the end though. But I’ll definitely be celebrating on Sunday when we whip the tinkers.

Might try a trip to Kavos see what’s on there as well as Corfu town.

Can you no gee Huck your keys

Thinking of going in June for a week. Wife and I mid 60's, both mobile but preferably flat rather than hilly area( i believe agios gordios is )and looking for somewhere with some sort of entertainment occasionally. Prob an apartment so as we can eat out at decent restaurants as well. Any suggestions best area.

Thinking of going in June for a week. Wife and I mid 60's, both mobile but preferably flat rather than hilly area( i believe agios gordios is )and looking for somewhere with some sort of entertainment occasionally. Prob an apartment so as we can eat out at decent restaurants as well. Any suggestions best area.
Look at Acharavi in the north mate. My wife and I are late 50’s and we drive 20Minutes 2 or 3 times a week to Acharavi as it’s a great place to eat. Sidari is a bit dated , Agios Georgios North is a bit quiet and Roda near Acharavi is reasonable. Kassiopi , Nissaki and Agni in the north east are a bit more up market. The north of the island is the place to choose for a holiday. Paleokastritsa is another great place but its a bit spread out. Weather wise the last couple of weeks in June will be warmer.

kavos is a mad house for booze gear and partying. It’s been like that for 25+ years. South of the island is not as nice as the north with fewer decent resorts.

Corfu is great. I stayed in Ipsos and travelled up to Sidari on a scooter to watch a game years ago. We asked the bar owner to put rangers game on and he was happy to oblige. Place got rammed pretty quickly. More bars in Sidari. More likely the game will be shown in one of those.

If you have a car get the ferry across to Igoumenitsa on the mainland and drive to Parga, absolutely stunning working Greek town.

Once there go to Johnnies place, he will be showing the game as will the Sport Cafe.

Look at Acharavi in the north mate. My wife and I are late 50’s and we drive 20Minutes 2 or 3 times a week to Acharavi as it’s a great place to eat. Sidari is a bit dated , Agios Georgios North is a bit quiet and Roda near Acharavi is reasonable. Kassiopi , Nissaki and Agni in the north east are a bit more up market. The north of the island is the place to choose for a holiday. Paleokastritsa is another great place but its a bit spread out. Weather wise the last couple of weeks in June will be warmer.
OK no messing that's us booked for 7 days with jet 2 an apartment in Acharavi in June
eating out every night, (hopefully the same experience as we had in Crete a few year ago) Much appreciated Billyglasgow63 for the advice and the original poster ( Huck)asking for a bar in corfu to watch the game cost me just short of a grand :D

Last edited:
Back