Rangers Books

Was sent this by a family friend who is clearing her dad's house, she was wondering if any of them were worth anything ?..told her the programmes are basically worthless but don't know about the books. I've not collected them yet so don't know their condition but she said the Davie Cooper book has been signed and the whisky is unopened. Anybody any idea their worth, if any ?

20181022-221339.jpg

Last edited:
Was sent this by a family friend who is clearing her dad's house, she was wondering if any of them was worth anything ?..told her the programmes are basically worthless but don't know about the books. I've not collected them yet so don't know their condition but she said the Davie Cooper book has been signed and the whisky is unopened. Anybody any idea their worth, if any ?

20181022-221339.jpg
delete, made picture bigger & realised what it was

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering if anyone knew how many editions of the Rangers Supporters Association Annual were published?

I know the Association was formed in 1946, and the last annual was 1969-70. Not sure when they started, though.

Also, is anyone able to clear up why there are both 1956, 1957 and a 1956-57 annual?

Was sent this by a family friend who is clearing her dad's house, she was wondering if any of them was worth anything ?..told her the programmes are basically worthless but don't know about the books. I've not collected them yet so don't know their condition but she said the Davie Cooper book has been signed and the whisky is unopened. Anybody any idea their worth, if any ?

20181022-221339.jpg
the bottle and true blue if signed by DC are sought after by collectorsw

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering if anyone knew how many editions of the Rangers Supporters Association Annual were published?

I know the Association was formed in 1946, and the last annual was 1969-70. Not sure when they started, though.

Also, is anyone able to clear up why there are both 1956, 1957 and a 1956-57 annual?
I'm sure Willie Gers on Flickr will have pics & details of them all

Rangers - A nostalgic Look at a century of the club

A well-produced photographic book which takes a nostalgic look back at the history of Rangers FC in the days before millionaire players and billionaire owners became part of the game. Includes hundreds of monochrome and colour photographs of the Rangers from this era.

157m3qs.jpg

books.jpg

Finally picked these up and have to say the books are in quite good nick.
The Davie Cooper one IS autographed but signed "best wishes to John", will throw some on ebay and see how they go.
Can't sell the whisky on ebay, so was wondering if anybody had any experience with the various whisky auction sites online, any that can be recommended ...

All 3 John Allan books currently on Fleabay , selling as one for ÂŁ450....not mine, I'd love to own them

The Story of the Rangers – Fifty Years’ Football 1873-1923

Eleven Great Years – The rangers 1923 to 1934

Rangers’ Eventful Years 1934-1951

Sounds expensive

Got the Rangers Annual, Mark Walters, Wingin It and Steven Gerrards, My Story to add to my collection.
Anyone else get any Rangers books from Santa.

@Russell RFC

February 1950 1st issued last one 1969/70

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rangers-matchprogrammes/albums/72157635225597859

I got a copy of The Story of The Rangers by John Allan. It's still got most of the original dustjacket,and it's a special players /staff edition. Gilt edges pages and blue leather bound as opposed to cloth. Got the original envelope with results intact too.
I 'm afraid to open it, it's 95 years old!! Best Xmas present ,been searching for this for nigh on 30 years and finally my family sourced one

I'm not a collector of books,I collect programmes but I have picked a few up over the years. I thought I had more of the Playing For Rangers and I may have some elsewhere but here's some of them below along with the other books I have including the jewel in the crown, Eleven Great Years with an inscription and signature from the great man himself.
12131c6.jpg

oixdmg.jpg

2nhkup2.jpg

2m51ppl.jpg

2rqp0k5.jpg

Impressive.
The grey coloured book minus dust cover looks familiar.
Is that A Captain's Part ?

As a collector of. Rangers books the best bargain I ever got was The New Era in a charity shop.Dust jacket in tact and signed by Ronnie McKinnon. Among my favourites is Best of Blues by Bob McCallum, Bear Hunter and Complete Record.

The New Era for my money is the best Rangers book ever. Has all the history up to 1966, all the stats and the pictures of the insides of Ibrox depict the pomp and sheer majesty of the Stadium

I've got a copy of this also , safely tucked away with other mementoes

The new era. I remember going to a game in the 70s and every fan going through the turnstile being given a copy of this book for free.i was 11 or 12.sure it was a midweek game.i still have it with dust cover.happy days.

Back