Rangers boss Gerrard claims hopeless officials robbed his side of 3-0 win over Livingston

BlueMeanie

STEVEN GERRARD let rip at referee Euan Anderson - insisting hopeless match officials robbed Rangers of a 3-0 win.

Steven Gerrard claims his Rangers side were denied a 3-0 win by poor officiating
But Gerrard was still seething after Anderson ruled out a perfectly good Alfredo Morelos goal AND denied his side a second half penalty against Livi.

The Rangers boss said: “I don’t like talking about officials, especially after a defeat, because you can look like you have the violins out or are looking for excuses.

“But after a win I think the timing is right and I must say I was disappointed in them today.

“The result is very important to us but people will probably look at the highlights of this game and think Rangers rode their luck because they hit the post.

“But if we had the right officials today that would have been a 3-0.

“If we score the penalty, which I am not sure you would back us right now.

“We could have been out of sight and more comfortable if the officiating was better.”

Arfield grabbed the opener before Gers had two goals disallowed and a stonewall penalty turned down after Ciaron Brown clearly handled the ball.

Gerrard had no complaints with Flo Kamberi’s effort being ruled out, but is adamant Morelos’ goal should have stood.

He was angered further when his players confirmed referee Ando spotted the handball but failed to give it.

Gerrard - whose side remain ten points behind leaders Celtic - said: “It is a blatant handball.

“The referee said it is because of the conditions he didn’t mean it.

“He said to Connor Goldson I couldn’t give it because of the conditions, he didn’t mean it.

“Yeah, that is a new one.

“This is what I am saying, we could have been in a much more comfortable position.

“It will look like we have rode our luck today, but I am really pleased with the players.

“I’m disappointed in the officials today, I must say.

“I think when they look back at their performance they will be disappointed.

“I just think at this level you expect decisions like that to be right and that is all I ask.

“I don’t ask for favouritism at all, I just ask for them to be right.

“I think he got the second one just right but normally that might go for you.

“We accept that one.

“Morelos one is onside and there is a stonewall penalty.”

This one went ahead 24 hours after Storm Dennis rendered Ibrox unplayable.

Gerrard confessed: “I think the preparation wasn’t ideal, it never is when a game is cancelled and moved to 24 hours later.

“It is not ideal for both teams but I thought both teams made a good game of it and I am pleased with the outcome and winning the game.

“Everyone knows we are not firing on all cylinders at the moment so it is important we get the job done and get over the line and we did that.

“We could have done it more convincingly.”

I wish he would be consistent in criticising officials. One week he says we don't make excuses, the next week they robbed us.

Bottom line for me is I can't remember any season where we've been at the wrong end of diabolical decisions more than this one. We should let the world know it's ridiculous.

At last but should have been also said with Madden, Clancy and Beaton recently and should have been shouted from the roof tops after the cup final with Collum.

I hold my hands up again, I was expecting not to be talking about the refs till the scottish cup as the damage has been done. But wrong again.

I think Gerrard would like to say more, he sees what we see, and he is surely beyond frustrated with how decisions are falling.
No wonder he relishes European football, it is a breath of fresh air where his side are given a fair crack of the whip, where officials make mistakes that favour or punish both teams equally, and where you get the feeling that the competition is clean.
How many times this season have we watched Rangers domestically and came away convinced that the entire scam we had watched left us feeling dirty and cheated?

I wish he would be consistent in criticising officials. One week he says we don't make excuses, the next week they robbed us.

Bottom line for me is I can't remember any season where we've been at the wrong end of diabolical decisions more than this one. We should let the world know it's ridiculous.

It’s every week, we go away from games talking more about wrong decisions more than anything else that happened during the game.

I’ll admit I watched the Aberdeen v scum game today. I didn’t see one decision go against celtic all day, a few dodgy ones for them where as every week with us it is multiple big big decisions.

Sounds like a disappointed dad

Not quite the blasting these pricks deserve

No more second chances for these frauds, Gerrard

Far too late but at least our feelings are now being brought into the spotlight. The correct decision imo.

The compliance officer will be the frothing at the gash after these comments though.

Last edited:
He needs to keep the pressure on. He could have made similar comments in at least a handful of games since Beaton’s non penalty call against Aberdeen.

“I think when they look back at their performance they will be disappointed.

Naw Stevie,when they look back at it they'll think "Job done" - Well almost.

'the conditions' were that it would have been a penalty for RFC. And an awkward decision about a card for RFC's opponent. At the other end, if seen it'd been given.

Far too late to speak out as league is done now, the clowns have already cost us vital points and a cup. We should have put the pressure on them the way the papes do earlier and we might have been in a slightly better position at the moment.

Imagine, for one second, treacle teeth’s Celtic had had the decisions we’ve had from (and including) the LC final. Referees would be in hiding, Paedo FC would probably be refusing to play, demonstrations at the piggery, national headlines, etc, etc. The officials know this, hence it just doesn’t happen. We however just lube up and take it, week after week, game after game. It could be the defining issue of Gerrard‘s fledgling managerial career - he needs to learn to fight dirty, to set his own agenda instead of meekly swallowing that of others.

Bit late to be mentioning it, but better late than never.

We were lucky to get out of it with the win, the Dykes shot that hit the post was a woeful thing to give away from a hopeful punt up the park.

Hallelujah hope the board back him to the hilt if they try and do anything to him we could/should be moaning every game as we get phuck all off corrupt officials

Back