Rangers boss Gerrard tips Wright to muscle way into team – after bulking up by four kilos

It's noticeable how much the whole squad has bulked up over the last couple of seasons.

I think this season from last was a big difference, I remember seeing a glimpse of a player in pre season and wondering who it was as didn't recognise them right away and it was Aribo.

Kamara as well, very hard to get him off the ball now as he's added the physicality.

As for Wright, I'd like to see more of him, possibly a start, but that is just being greedy and sure he'll start games when the leagues won or in Scots cup.

Or if SG's been listening to Walter he'll get a start at the piggery. Wright, not Walter, that wouldnt be fair on the beggars.

i said he d be a good signing and nothing i ve seen in his apperances have changed my mind. the boy will be a good un and great to see the comments about sir walter .i'm buzzing about every detail of our club just now

Wright looks like a footballer you would happily pay to watch and it's great to read that he has taken the huge chance he has been given at Ibrox. Really looking forward to seeing him some more.

That’s some transformation in a month
I’m not sure but I’ve often lost that amount after a couple of weeks of hard exercise mate . The opposite direction I’m not sure how they do that but it’s not at all a shock that they had a power build plan for Scott as he is clearly relatively light .
if we think back it’s very often been the case that Scottish do,Estonian players that head to major leagues have had similar physical development

Players get better here. That's the biggest praise I can give Gerrard and the coaching staff. They identify a need, support the player, and build them up.

There are players in this team I don't think would be anywhere near as rounded under different coaches. It must be such a draw for potential signings as well.
Correct.

That’s why people need to stop having wee snobby fanny farts when we’re linked with SPFL players.

We just need to see the basics - the coaches here will do the rest.

On a side note, from my initial glimpse of Jack Simpson, I think he looks as though he needs to bulk up a bit too. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Evidence that it was important to get him in at the last window. If he’d stayed at Aberdeen till the summer he’d have stagnated. Just imagine how the boy must be feeling, not only from the extra power gained by the training and diet but from the manager’s comments. You’d feel bloody invincible going on the pitch.

Players get better here. That's the biggest praise I can give Gerrard and the coaching staff. They identify a need, support the player, and build them up.

There are players in this team I don't think would be anywhere near as rounded under different coaches. It must be such a draw for potential signings as well.
First time in 20 years that we can actually see players being improved.

You have to like what we’ve seen of him so far. Just as important, it sounds like he has his head screwed on the right way. I’ve got a very good feeling about this signing.

I like the look of him, but wondering what position he will play. Is he a backup for Kent or does he drop into the midfield ?

This is totally the things we dont normally get to see. Pay 150k to get him in early so we can work on him both on and off the pitch, ahead of him having a real chance to shine after the summer.

Imagine trying to explain this to previous boards.

Winning the League as early as possible sets up the duel benefit of resting players between the European ties but also the somewhat unprecedented situation of having games domestically to use as live training matches. Players like Scott Wright could get a lot of pitch time which is essential as hes not played much since arriving.

Great to see him power up but he also need games.

Sounds like the Rangers standard being instilled in Wright, top stuff. From what I've seen, he looks a very good prospect so if he knuckles down, he could achieve great things with us.

Also, on the Walter point - it must be horrible being a mentally challenged, reading that when we're on the verge of 55, knowing that Walter is never truly gone.

Encouraging. Can see him being a very important player for us. Just looks to have something about him.

You just know Sir Walter will be beaming like a proud Da when the gaffer lifts the trophy.

This is totally the things we dont normally get to see. Pay 150k to get him in early so we can work on him both on and off the pitch, ahead of him having a real chance to shine after the summer.

Imagine trying to explain this to previous boards.

Ffs Jeb.

That avatar.

Good on us but it does make you wonder what the Sheep Botherers aren’t doing when we can make that much of an improvement inside a month, eh?
Think it tells you a lot about how professional we are but also how Aberdeen are not.

I remember hearing on a podcast when Ryan Fraser arrived at Bournemouth from Aberdeen, his diet was mainly pizza and takeaways. Bournemouth basically told him to change it all or he wouldn't be playing. Doesn't sound like Aberdeen have improved much since then.

It's noticeable how much the whole squad has bulked up over the last couple of seasons.

I have been thinking that recently, noticed a difference in Hagi and Aribo, in terms of their upper body.

Thanks for posting op, a great read, once again showing how the level of professionalism has risen massively since SG and his coaching and fitness team have arrived.

We have an EPL standard coaching set up right now and I bet the players are loving it, long may it continue, compare and contrast to the muck across the city where players have regressed the last year, the players who have wanted to improve have with us have.

The gaffer thinks of everything, bulking the boy up so he can lift the league trophy above his head B-D. He will be a great addition to the squad.

Compare and contrast Gerrard’s comments about his previous coaches and the dignity shown and then look at the sheep’s comments about him leaving.

Its good he is in early for next season.
Actually feel a bit sorry for Greg Stewart who will obviously be leaving soon.
Never looks the happiest chap.

I think most people have high hopes for Scott Wright, he’s looked good in the glimpses we’ve seen. This is encouraging and hopefully there are a few more nuggets out there we can get in for a reasonable price, develop them and enjoy their impact.

Back