Rangers boss Gerrard tips Wright to muscle way into team – after bulking up by four kilos

Must be great to hear Stevie fecking Gerrard say those type of words about you.

I have been impressed by Wright so far, he looks like he fits our way of playing perfectly.

I do think he will need to up his assist and goals game if he is to be a success at us though.

Great to see that kind of attitude and dedication. I'm looking forward to seeing him get a bit more game time between now and the end of the season

4kg of muscle in a month ? what roads did they put him on ? B-D didn't even think that was possible.

hopefully get a few games once the league is won and give the likes of kent a rest and keep him for europe and the scottish cup

I like Wright, I think we’ve got a good player there who can run at pace and take players on. After the league is won I think he’ll get a few games.

Hopefully we'll see him get a start soon. Been really impressed with his cameos thus far.

Sounds like wright is grabbing this opportunity with both hands. Very refreshing and maybe that waster Jordan Jones could learn something from him.

He looks a player from the limited minutes we've seen of him.

You wonder how many players there actually are playing in Scotland right now that would be good if their managers would stop playing dinosaur football.

He'll think he's won the lottery, playing under McInnes, having the football strangled out of him to a league medal at the blink of an eye.

Correct.

That’s why people need to stop having wee snobby fanny farts when we’re linked with SPFL players.

We just need to see the basics - the coaches here will do the rest.
If we can find young'ish, technically competent, fast and aggressive players in our own league then it is a no brainer to have a look at them and see what type of character they have.

It looks like the set up we now have to support our players can add real value to a player who possesses the basics and a will to learn and improve.

A team of fit, hard, well drilled hungry Scots who are technically sound peppered with some foreign flair where required is how i see a real Rangers team.

Wright could turn out to be the perfect example of what we can pick up in our own back yard for a reasonable price.

If you have the best Personal trainers , the best nutritionists and chefs and the dedication to put in the work plus no work commitments (your job is to train ) you would get there
I'd need watched 24/7 or the chocolate hobnobs would turn me back into an Aberdeen player.

Must be great to hear Stevie fecking Gerrard say those type of words about you.

I have been impressed by Wright so far, he looks like he fits our way of playing perfectly.

I do think he will need to up his assist and goals game if he is to be a success at us though.
I agree with your first and second lines but I'm a bit confused by your third. Do you mean up his numbers compared to his time at the sheep or up the numbers he has delivered while with us?

4kg of muscle in a month ? what roads did they put him on ? B-D didn't even think that was possible.
its the snorting ground coffee diet.

snorting.jpg

I like the cut of Wright’s jib.

But I worry about him playing in matches against the tramps though.

He’ll need to adapt to playing in a team that actually tries to beat them.

STEVEN GERRARD has tipped Scott Wright to muscle his way into the Rangers team.
The 23-year-old has bulked up by FOUR KILOS since signing from Aberdeen in January.
Rangers new boy Scott Wright has been working hard to bulk up

The attacker has been hitting the gym and been given a strict diet and nutrition plan.
Ibrox boss Gerrard said: “We can’t take all the credit for Scott Wright and the impact he’s had in the short space of time. We knew we’d got a good player from Aberdeen and his previous coaches and club have done a fantastic job.
“We have done everything we can to make him settle.
“There’s a lot of things we have put to him in terms of information from a tactical point of view, to try and get him up to speed in terms of how we play and what we expect.

“We have also hit him really hard from a physical point of view in terms of fitness, body weight, diet and nutrition.
“He’s put four kilos on in a month while at the same time his body fat hasn’t moved.
“He’s a project, Scott, and he’s one we’re getting ready for next season.

“But having said that we can still see his talent and we’re getting a contribution from him.
“We’ve had some injuries at the top end of the pitch and a few people have gone out on loan to get games.
“So he’s contributing really well at the moment and he’s on the verge of getting starts, for sure. I think that he has earned that.”
Wright didn’t play against Livingston on Wednesday night but could feature against St Mirren on Saturday.

Gerrard added: “He’s been a breath of fresh air. He’s a great kid and he wants to learn, improve and grow. He’s been an absolute dream.
“We’ll only bring people in here who we feel can contribute and add to what we have already got. But they have to be able to play our way with our philosophy.

“There are still areas where we feel he can grow and evolve and get better and that’s what we are trying to do with him.”
Gerrard is within touching distance of winning the title and he can’t wait to be the first Rangers boss to win the league since Walter Smith in 2011.

Smith has been Gerrard’s ‘unofficial’ mentor and the Gers gaffer said: “Walter is someone I have the utmost respect for. He is an iconic figure
“It is an unofficial mentorship — I don’t even think Walter knows he is doing it!
“I bounce a lot of stuff off him and he always has plenty of time for me.
“So I don’t even think he knows he is being a mentor, but he has been fantastic.”
Reminds me of when Cosgrove left and made his statement about training properly for the first time years. What on earth are they doing up in Aberdeen?

Reactions: fmp
I've been tooting his horn since the start, when I found out we were interested in him, simply because he seems a very skillful player with a great 1st touch, and there's no many of them kicking about, was very happy that we got him in early, Gerrard wanted it done asap for a reason, even though a lot of folks on here bitched and moaned about paying the sheep a fee.I think he'll be a massive player for us, and will be a crowd pleaser to boot, also I'd think he'll suffer less injuries than he did at the sheep, as we'll improve him physically and get him match ready more than the sheep ever could. A rangers SW will become a completely different standard of player to the sheep SW, just like ryan jack

Back