Rangers boss Steven Gerrard calls for a 'strong performance' from the officials in Celtic showdown

BlueMeanie

STEVEN GERRARD has called for a 'strong performance' from referee Kevin Clancy to ensure a fair outcome in the third Old Firm clash of the campaign on Sunday.

The Rangers boss was left furious in the aftermath of the Betfred Cup final earlier this month as whistler Willie Collum and his team failed to flag for offside and Christopher Jullien netted the only goal of a game that the Light Blues dominated.

That controversial moment and decision that Gerrard insisted was 'wildly wrong' proved decisive as the Gers were left empty-handed at Hampden and Celtic clinched a tenth successive silverware success.
Rangers will make the trip to Parkhead aiming to move within touching distance of their Old Firm rivals once again and Gerrard hopes there will be no such high-profile mistakes made during a hugely significant afternoon in the Premiership title race.
He said: "I don’t think you can be [under more pressure than the players] as an official in these Old Firms. The pressure is there for everyone, for the players, both sets, for the coaching staff, both sets, the supporters bring pressure into the ground and it is no different for the officials.
"You just hope before a ball is kicked that everyone is talking about the football after the game and not a decision that has been wrong and that affects the outcome of the game.
"I don’t think that is fair on both groups of players. I think the least we deserve is a good, strong performance from all the officials."

Yes, we will get a strong performance from Clancy. That is what I am worried about. He will be desperate to perform strongly for his paymasters.

I have to admire our manager, I hope when things go their way, that our board have the balls to back him, in his job of trying to overcome the corruption within our football, if not then the guy is wasting his time, and it may hasten his departure from Ibrox new contract or not.

I guarantee that if the scum aren't able to cheat their way to victory on Sunday then this will be regurgitated by the celtc fanboys pretending to be newspaper journalists in Scotland as "Rangers Manager Influences Referee in Shocking Loss for Hoops".

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Compliant Orifice awaken from her slumber either.

Kevin Clancy.

I keep saying those two words to myself while shaking my head.

Kevin fcuking Clancy.

Scotland in 2019.
What really has me shaking my head is that he’s almost certainly not the worst option for us... that’s genuinely frightening. Thomson’s open and oft-demonstrated hatred of us is now thankfully retired. But the likes of Beaton’s repeatedly-proven cowardice (in the face of an stadium essentially full of one set of fans, this would be in full effect) would be more worrying prospects for me than Clancy.

Whilst I am happy that SG mentions the offside incident from Hampden, he should have mentioned the two stonewall penalties we didn’t get and the fact that Forster was already moving toward the ball before Alfie struck his ill fated penalty.

One incident is forgivable, but a litany of incompetence is not. (Not to mention the howling decisions we get week in week out from Clancy and his mates)

this needs to be a regular occurrence, and not just a one off,otherwise we will get no further forward,we really need to crank up the pressure on the blatant double standards going on up here,we must be relentless in our criticism and concerns of how things are being run,lets play the c@nts at their own game,and while we are at ,its time some of our ex players get the same message across in the press, that shower at at it constantly through their ex players

The scum in the stands will be foaming at the mouth and howling at Clancy every time Morelos goes near someone tomorrow.

I don’t know if Clancy has got it in him to be impartial tomorrow.

I can’t help but think we will need to be significantly better to get anything at all from this game.

We all know Clancy is a shite ref who hates us

Glad the gaffer has commented on the horrendous offside goal in LCF

If Clancy makes clear and obvious errors that help the mentally challengeds win then the gaffer needs to openly question the SFA and their bias officials live in his post match interview live on Sky and tell the world the game up here is rigged in the scums favour

Our players are going to have to play at the top of their game to give us a chance as Clancy is no way impartial

The only way we will get fairness is the use of VAR in my view but with one change to insure the process is fair .
Normally the VAR is stationed in a room in the stadium and its only watched on the monitors using Scottish referees
There's no point in the VAR official being the referee from the last game like McClean who will just back up Clancy's cheating on Sunday . For it to work up here we would have to use a VAR panel sitting in say London and using English referees to make sure fairness is applied to both teams .
This is very unlikely to happen as Liewell will be against it .
The technology is there to make this happen

Back