Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

Euro competitions without us if we don't do something about it.
OK mate, so what's next, been told we can't sing about the cover up at celtic park?

Cause let's face it if we sing about murdering IRA scumbags then why would they let us let the world know about the cover up of child abuse at celtic Park

Best deal with facts rather than hypothetical situations mate.

If they are beating us I'm sure you'll have your evidence.

its hardly hypothetical mate as id say its a cast-iron guarantee they will sing their usual.. they will start from the first minute they enter our stadium as they cant help themslves

We don’t sing ‘%^*& the IRA’ - the part that will get you banned is reference to the Pope, hence my point
blasphemy laws in 2019 (not that I'll sing it, but if people can't see the big picture in what is happening here then I would concerned)

its hardly hypothetical mate as id say its a cast-iron guarantee they will sing their usual.. they will start from the first minute they enter our stadium as they cant help themslves

I'll ask what is your intention if they do? I sit in CR5 so at the opposite side from them. Usually in the ground about 15 minutes beforehand.

As I've said I've yet to hear a peep out of them.

What is so difficult to understand for some folk, DONT sing about religion/violence, DONT sing about them,, keep the songs about our own club our own players our own history, f*ck what everyone else sings, it's high time some realised we need to straighten shit out fast or the club (the most important thing here) will suffer badly and more frequently, because impudence from those stamping there feet saying ill sing what i want will end our hopes of progression.

Since Friday’s announcement I’ve spoken to the club directly

I’ve asked & encouraged for an interview on a specially arranged podcast to get information out to supporters

I’ve spoken to them about what went on to release as much information to our fans on what is going on via my blog

I’m formulating an idea with other online Rangers accounts to promote a friendly singing ‘songbook’ called ‘Loud n Proud’ which works in tandum with the club

During my time since I started the blog I have written letters to the BBC, the club & highlighted unfair treatment towards our support as well as numerous other things

Don’t sit there & say I’ll do %^*& all like a wee smart arse when you haven’t the slightest idea about me

Only thing I’m interested in is protecting our fans and our club

Have a good day

^^This all day long^^

protecting our fans and our club

No, not really. Not directly insulting, re. Hatespeech. Hating the Pope is a valid and protected opinion in this county.

You aren't answering my question. Saying 'FTP' is a protected position unless it is used to incite direct violence or to abuse someone (an individual, who it would need to be directed at). They'll get us on the 'incite violence' bit eventually, though.

In terms of freedom of speech in its truest form and in accordance with the ECHR you are undoubtedly correct.

However, as I've posted several times, that does not mean that the club, or the governing bodies of the competitions it plays in are obliged to allow you the platform to exercise that freedom.

Given that UEFA clearly have an issue with it, and that the clubs own T&C for buying a ticket states the following:

Misconduct of the ticket holder or nominee, failing to adhere to this Ticket Use Policy or acting in a manner which the Club considers is detrimental to its interests or is likely in the reasonable opinion of the Club to bring football or the Club into disrepute shall permit the Club to confiscate or forfeit (in each case without compensation) the ticket, to prevent access to the Stadium for the fixture in question and/or to ban the ticket holder from attending future matches or other events at the Stadium for such time as the Club deems appropriate.

The club reserves the right both to refuse any person admission to the Stadium and to eject from the Stadium any person:
  • whose presence within the Stadium may be a source of danger, nuisance, or annoyance or otherwise give rise to concerns in relation to the safety and security arrangements for the football match concerned, including excessive noise, the use of foul, obscene, sectarian, abusive or racist language and the throwing of any object which might injure or cause damage to people or property;
  • The Club will not tolerate any form of bigotry, racism or inappropriate behaviour arising from all forms of prejudice.

All football match tickets are issued subject to (i) these terms and conditions (as the same may be amended, varied or changed from time to time), (ii) the rules and regulations from time to time of FIFA, UEFA, The Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Professional Football League, as the case may be having regard to the competition in respect of which tickets are offered for sale

And it ends with this:

The purchase and/or use of the Ticket will be deemed to constitute acceptance by the user of this Ticket Use Policy in full.

So while you may have the inalienable right to fućk the pope, shout about 19th Century Terrorists, terrorists and whatever else you like, it's clearly laid out in the T&C (which you agree to by buying a ticket) that the club will not tolerate it. In other words, when representing Rangers FC as a fan whether at Ibrox or away, you have no rights as far as FTP, FB etc etc go and as the club have said in their statement this week, if you wish to continue to FTP etc then do it elsewhere as you are not welcome with the Rangers support.

They could try but they would have less success. This idea what we sing is irrelevant to all this is nonsense.

The Northern Ireland national team has a similar set of enemies who would love nothing more than to see it ended and who seek to damage its reputation at every turn.

About 20 years ago the NI fans made a determined effort to clean up the atmosphere at games - it has been a massive success story, better atmosphere, more fans at games, and now one of the most highly regarded set of supporters in international football. Still have all the same enemies but they don’t have anything like as much success in their efforts.

And no NI supporter is any less Protestant, Unionist, or British for it.

We will prove nothing and achieve nothing by insisting on singing the two or three songs and add ons that are an open goal for our enemies. We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and use our brains.

You should post this on Twitter.
Sone amount of idiots saying they'll sing what they want.

What is so difficult to understand for some folk, DONT sing about religion/violence, DONT sing about them,, keep the songs about our own club our own players our own history, f*ck what everyone else sings, it's high time some realised we need to straighten shit out fast or the club (the most important thing here) will suffer badly and more frequently, because impudence from those stamping there feet saying ill sing what i want will end our hopes of progression.

Imagine we lose Europe and the income and prestige that brings , and even worse lose the manager the best thing to happen to us in years , because a few hundred people want to sing about 19th Century Terrorists , bobby sands and the IRA at a Rangers football match .

Just imagine how utterly ridiculous that would be .

And yet some seem hell bent on making it happen .

I’ve asked & encouraged for an interview on a specially arranged podcast to get information out to supporters

I’ve spoken to them about what went on to release as much information to our fans on what is going on via my blog

I’m formulating an idea with other online Rangers accounts to promote a friendly singing ‘songbook’ called ‘Loud n Proud’ which works in tandum with the club

During my time since I started the blog I have written letters to the BBC, the club & highlighted unfair treatment towards our support as well as numerous other things

Don’t sit there & say I’ll do %^*& all like a wee smart arse when you haven’t the slightest idea about me

Have a good day

Brilliant mate .

I’m sincerely hoping 4 lads had a dream and followfollow with the original correct words are at the top of your list put forward . Two amazing purely football songs .

In terms of freedom of speech in its truest form and in accordance with the ECHR you are undoubtedly correct.

However, as I've posted several times, that does not mean that the club, or the governing bodies of the competitions it plays in are obliged to allow you the platform to exercise that freedom.

Given that UEFA clearly have an issue with it, and that the clubs own T&C for buying a ticket states the following:

And it ends with this:

The purchase and/or use of the Ticket will be deemed to constitute acceptance by the user of this Ticket Use Policy in full.

So while you may have the inalienable right to fućk the pope, shout about 19th Century Terrorists, terrorists and whatever else you like, it's clearly laid out in the T&C (which you agree to by buying a ticket) that the club will not tolerate it. In other words, when representing Rangers FC as a fan whether at Ibrox or away, you have no rights as far as FTP, FB etc etc go and as the club have said in their statement this week, if you wish to continue to FTP etc then do it elsewhere as you are not welcome with the Rangers support.
Great point. You're only an 'Official Club Ban' on that phrase (as we had/have for the actual offending term), or statement addressing it, away from it being relevant to the discussion. Nice use of bold, too.

Last edited:
How do deal with people who are offended by the co!our of our strip, the blue one I'm talking about, who make up lies about ' 19th Century Terrorist blood ' socks, who insist Penny Arcade is about celebrating the murder of a catho!ic in a Northern Ireland amusement arcade and who claim the Bouncy is about us stamping on the head of ' 19th Century Terrorists '.

You will always have those people. You still get people that complain when some NI fans sing No Surrender during the National Anthem and that are quick to seize on any little incident they can.

But you can alter the bigger picture, you can get positive press that over time begins to outweigh the negative press, you can stop serving yourself up on a plate. That is what we need to do and where we need to get to.

Great point. You're only an 'Official Club Ban' on that phrase (as we had/have for the actual offending term) away from it being relevant to the discussion. Nice use of bold, too.
So rather than address the actual points (which explain clearly why it is prohibited within the stadium) you deflect again.

You are stating repeatedly that FTP is a protected phrase. It is not permitted within the stadium, nor is it allowable under uefa competition rules.

Protected or not, continuing to use it will bring further punishment to our club and deny us income streams we need. That makes anyone doing so an enemy of Rangers.

Have a good day
thought you wouldnt be replying to me anymore..

That's all well and good but, what will you do next weekend when you hear our fans being subjected to racist anti-British abuse and sectarian abuse? That was actually the question not what you may have done in the past.

There are plenty of us, myself included that have been writing to MSP's, MP's NBM, show racism the red card etc.. I was one of the posters that started the other in writing to their MSP regarding the missing/dumped evidence in the effigies trial...

This is actually why I asked you the question I did, it's about working together and working as a strong voice instead of some that think they can be condescending to others. We shouldn't be divided and instead, should all be determined to damage their brand the way they all have gone after ours!

Last edited:
So rather than address the actual points (which explain clearly why it is prohibited within the stadium) you deflect again.

You are stating repeatedly that FTP is a protected phrase. It is not permitted within the stadium, nor is it allowable under uefa competition rules.

Protected or not, continuing to use it will bring further punishment to our club and deny us income streams we need. That makes anyone doing so an enemy of Rangers.

Where is it stated that it isn't permitted within the stadium? I'm pretty sure tens of thousands of people have sang it as recently as last month without reprisal, issue, or even notice from the club. I am not even defending it as an honourable or helpful phrase but everyone on here (you, in this case) is talking absolute nonsense. Your manipulative 'enemy of Rangers' pish is the worst patter on this site at the minute, also.

*I'm sick of going over this simple fact so people can just be wrong if they want. Cheers.

Last edited:

that's all well and good but, what will you do next weekend when you hear our fans being subjected to racist anti British abuse and sectarian abuse? That was actually the question not what you may have done in the past.

Suck it up or ask your mummy to tell the bad boys to stop.

How do deal with people who are offended by the co!our of our strip, the blue one I'm talking about, who make up lies about ' 19th Century Terrorist blood ' socks, who insist Penny Arcade is about celebrating the murder of a catho!ic in a Northern Ireland amusement arcade and who claim the Bouncy is about us stamping on the head of ' 19th Century Terrorists '.

Entirely separate issue. None of that is going to get us kicked out of UEFA competition. You're making the issue more complicated than it has to be.

Where is it stated that it isn't permitted within the stadium? I'm pretty sure tens of thousands of people have sang it as recently as last month without reprisal, issue, or even notice from the club. I am not even defending it as an honourable or helpful phrase but everyone on here (you, in this case) is talking absolute nonsense.
Where do you think the T&C of the ticket for entry to the stadium apply?

You'll have missed the letters that went with the season tickets, the Everyone Anyone campaign, the previous Follow With Pride stuff etc all of which asking the fans not to indulge in anything that could be considered sectarian or, in broader terms, anything which could be construed as insulting towards any protected characteristics.

I was actually just saying this exact thing there on twitter.

I seem to remember you saying this the last time UEFA were hounding us.

How did the Northern Ireland support organise this, was there meetings, leaflets etc, or did it just come about by word of mouth.

The turnaround in the NI fans reputation has been amazing, and it 100% proves that it can be done.

To an extent Tags, yes, we can improve our reputation outside of Scotland (where it’s already good) but folk within this small minded shitehole will only be happy when we’re gone.

They’re not offended by the words we sing, they’re offended by our existence, so trying to appease these people is fruitless.

OK mate, so what's next, been told we can't sing about the cover up at celtic park?

Cause let's face it if we sing about murdering IRA scumbags then why would they let us let the world know about the cover up of child abuse at celtic Park

I get your points but the world has changed all the 'me too' type stuff and the highly polarised politics of today. I'd love Rangers to be the team of my youth but it's impossible now as those in control want inclusivity they don't want FTP etc so best you sing that stuff in the house.

Where do you think the T&C of the ticket for entry to the stadium apply?

You'll have missed the letters that went with the season tickets, the Everyone Anyone campaign, the previous Follow With Pride stuff etc all of which asking the fans not to indulge in anything that could be considered sectarian or, in broader terms, anything which could be construed as insulting towards any protected characteristics.

I am aware of these things. You are having a separate discussion now. I imagine the club will be taking action against everyone who sang 50p Flute at Ibrox in the Euro Qualifiers? No, they won't. I am talking about 'reality', you are outlining unspecific T&C that aren't enforced directly in relation to the phrase we are discussing. Let's just agree you're a fud and move on. :D Obviously Rangers don't want people saying '%^*& Anybody' at Ibrox and I am not arguing that they are. I am talking about phrases that will lead to a sanction by UEFA if sang at UEFA matches (the topic of discussion).

It would more than likely get you arrested as well

To an extent Tags, yes, we can improve our reputation outside of Scotland (where it’s already good) but folk within this small minded shitehole will only be happy when we’re gone.

They’re not offended by the words we sing, they’re offended by our existence, so trying to appease these people is fruitless.

Every word of that can also be applied to NI. Many literally want not only the football team gone but the country gone.

You will never please some people but you can improve your reputation with the majority was the point I was making.

I am aware of these things. You are having a separate discussion now. I imagine the club will be taking action against everyone who sang 50p Flute at Ibrox in the Euro Qualifiers? No, they won't. I am talking about 'reality', you are outlining unspecific T&C that aren't enforced directly in relation to the phrase we are discussing. Let's just agree you're a fud and move on. :D Obviously Rangers don't want people saying '%^*& Anybody' at Ibrox and I am not arguing that they are. I am talking about phrases that will lead to a sanction by UEFA if sang at UEFA matches (the topic of discussion).
Let's agree fućk all.

I'd be quite happy for the club to enforce the T&C, and it's exactly those phrases which will lead to UEFA sanctions that are prohibited.

What was the title of your PhD? Genuinely. I want to read it.

are you f*cking slow in the brain????

the song is banned, it will eventually see us expelled from European football, and thus making us unable to compete giving the tarries free reign to rack up as many titles as they wish

and don't give me any sh*t about TBB being the only song that gets the crowd going, Every Saturday We Follow is just as good if not better and is about Rangers and not being up to ours knees

wake the f*ck up, clowns like you are killing our club
are you f*cking slow in the brain????

the song is banned, it will eventually see us expelled from European football, and thus making us unable to compete giving the tarries free reign to rack up as many titles as they wish

and don't give me any sh*t about TBB being the only song that gets the crowd going, Every Saturday We Follow is just as good if not better and is about Rangers and not being up to ours knees

wake the f*ck up, clowns like you are killing our club

He's actually right, it's a fact that BB got the stadium rocking and the Scum know that they've got to the point where they control the narrative and have the influence to ban it.

I get the fact that you're obviously scared by the whole thing but if you can't see the motivation, then you shouldn't be abusing other posters.

Nobody is genuinely offended otherwise they wouldn't have posters a mile wide amongst their support.

The fact is they work harder at gaining political power and influence since Reid took over their executive operation.

They run Holyrood, the Press, charities and have considerable influence at UEFA via Liewell and the Scottish/English/Irish reps that they approach and deem to be pliable to their aims.

The cold hard facts are that we just sit back and wonder why these things all happen we're left taking it all ways.

We've lost the argument on "Huns" being offensive, which it clearly is if we deem it just as they did with 19th Century Terrorist, but no one presses the point consistently or reporting it to the authorities as they do.

We certainly don't use it as an edgy term like they do with 19th Century Terrorist...we can even report their usage as offensive, but there's no collective will or organisation for it.

that's all well and good but, what will you do next weekend when you hear our fans being subjected to racist anti British abuse and sectarian abuse? That was actually the question not what you may have done in the past.
Why do you keep asking people that? If you can't go to a game without getting riled up by the opposition fans dont go at all. At the end of the day its our words which hurt our club not theirs. Rise above it ffs.

Every word of that can also be applied to NI. Many literally want not only the football team gone but the country gone.

You will never please some people but you can improve your reputation with the majority was the point I was making.

Not to the same degree, and it’s not a like for like comparison. NI on the world stage are now well thought of, the detractors are small and few. If you like, the league they play in as an even playing field. NI don’t have a compliant European media trying to keep them down.

We’re in a situation where half the population want us gone. We might be able to appease authorities, but we’ll never appease the bigots and the scumbag pundits. That’s not to say that defiance is the answer, but I have absolutely no interest in trying to build bridges with those who want us gone.

We should get our own house in order for our sake, not the wants of others. If we start allowing our enemies to dictate what we can and can’t do, then we may as well shut the doors.

I think we have fans that just support Rangers because they hate catholics. I don't like most of them who support septic either but what has that got to do with getting our club into trouble.
Wont end until we get fans who just back our club and support what they want to do .

Why do you keep asking people that? If you can't go to a game without getting riled up by the opposition fans dont go at all. At the end of the day its our words which hurt our club not theirs. Rise above it ffs.

I keep asking because guess what? Football in this city is not the same as going to game years ago for goodness sake! We are in a Dirty PR battle and we need to mobilise as a unit and collectively show them up for anti-British racism with their Pro IRA bile and anti-Protestant sectarian hate for us...

we need to all get clever and fight them back and that's why I keep saying this because some just don't really get that...

Let's agree fućk all.

I'd be quite happy for the club to enforce the T&C, and it's exactly those phrases which will lead to UEFA sanctions that are prohibited.

What was the title of your PhD? Genuinely. I want to read it.

You're wrong re. UEFA citation for singing that phrase as it was sang without sanction at the match we are being sanctioned for singing two entirely different songs in, but why let reality get in the way of anything. You can read my nonsense on Jstor/Google with little sleuthing but let's keep identifying information off the public ends of the site.

Not to the same degree, and it’s not a like for like comparison. NI on the world stage are now well thought of, the detractors are small and few. If you like, the league they play in as an even playing field. NI don’t have a compliant European media trying to keep them down.

We’re in a situation where half the population want us gone. We might be able to appease authorities, but we’ll never appease the bigots and the scumbag pundits. That’s not to say that defiance is the answer, but I have absolutely no interest in trying to build bridges with those who want us gone.

We should get our own house in order for our sake, not the wants of others. If we start allowing our enemies to dictate what we can and can’t do, then we may as well shut the doors.

NI were taking a battering from the local NI press and the wider British press at the time. From exactly the same type of people, in some cases the exact same people, that hate Rangers. That has changed substantially to the extent that most press is now very positive. The nationalist population hostile to the team haven’t gone away, they’ve just been outmanoeuvred by the NI fans and can’t make the same headway in that area anymore.

I think we would be doing it for our own sake in terms of Rangers the people that hate us want us giving them open goals it makes their job a lot easier. It’s not about building bridges it is about what is best for us as a football club at this point. And we don’t have much of a choice now anyway.

NI were taking a battering from the local NI press and the wider British press at the time. From exactly the same type of people, in some cases the exact same people, that hate Rangers. That has changed substantially to the extent that most press is now very positive. The nationalist population hostile to the team haven’t gone away, they’ve just been outmanoeuvred by the NI fans and can’t make the same headway in that area anymore.

I think we would be doing it for our own sake in terms of Rangers the people that hate us want us giving them open goals it makes their job a lot easier. It’s not about building bridges it is about what is best for us as a football club at this point. And we don’t have much of a choice now anyway.

Some seem to want to build bridges. There’s folk believing that we can “change our image”. I personally couldn’t care about our image, as it’ll never be positive for 50% of the country. As long as we’re not being affected on the park by issues off it, I don’t really care about making friends.

My concern is that the club don’t see it the same way and start trying to appease.

I keep asking because guess what? Football in this city is not the same as going to game years ago for goodness sake! We are in a Dirty PR battle and we need to mobilise as a unit and collectively show them up for anti-British racism with their Pro IRA bile and anti-Protestant sectarian hate for us...

we need to all get clever and fight them back and that's why I keep saying this because some just don't really get that...
Nobody will support or back us with that if we do it ourselves. So until we square ourselves away first its pointless.

Nobody will support or back us with that if we do it ourselves. So until we square ourselves away first its pointless.
of course its not pointless! gather the evidence and get it out on social media and blacken their name just like they have done to us over the years.

If this is part 1 of our punishment from uefa I wonder what they have in store for the other 2 games in Denmark and Poland.It could get serious.Let's stop this nonsense now and ditch the songs we know are offensive. We don't need them. We don't need fines need Ibrox opened for every game. You know it makes sense.

Anyone any idea when the paper tickets were being posted for those in the Club Deck being seated elsewhere? I will be away from home and need the tickets to arrive tomorrow.

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this. My seat is in CD6 but I have not had an email telling me of any relocation, anyone any idea why this could be case? My son who sits beside me got his email and confirmation of relocation.

Should mr king or someone from Rangers put a plea up on the screen s before our next European game on Thursday
I remember mr Waddell made a similar speech on centre spot in early 70 s

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this. My seat is in CD6 but I have not had an email telling me of any relocation, anyone any idea why this could be case? My son who sits beside me got his email and confirmation of relocation.

Do they have your correct contact details (email address) would be the obvious question?

Yes, double checked just in case. Received emails previously so thats not an issue.

Sounds like an expensive call to the Ticket Office mate. Unless @Greg Marshall on here or via Twitter can help you. I suspect he would simply direct you to the TO though.

It might be helpful if Greg, or Rangers, actually put out a definitive list of which areas are being relocated in my view. We know BF1 are NOT but we don’t know in any detail who is.

Sounds like an expensive call to the Ticket Office mate. Unless @Greg Marshall on here or via Twitter can help you. I suspect he would simply direct you to the TO though.

It might be helpful if Greg, or Rangers, actually put out a definitive list of which areas are being relocated in my view. We know BF1 are NOT but we don’t know in any detail who is.

Thanks VB, I'll see if I can get any clarification tomorrow, my car load coming down on Thursday might have to find alternative transport unless I get something sorted!:confused:

"No nuns and no priests, %^*& yer rosary beads, every day is the 12th of July"

Yeah, an in depth critique of the Church right there.

Fucking hell. We're doomed.

So are you telling me that anything you quoted there is really discriminatory, racist and sectarian and as such should be illegal ? If you really think that it is then yes your right we are doomed.

Back