Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

Just when we are on their coat tails and looking like doing 55

Didn't think i would see the day when parts of the stadium would be shut, very harsh

If you don’t understand that then you don’t know much about what we are up against in Glasgow.

The 19th Century Terrorists are constantly trying to glorify and legitimise that particular 19th Century Terrorist bastard. Over 100 of us turned up the other night at barrowlands park when they were glorifying him in an open

Punished for singing songs? How very fascist of you.

Good. Keep your protests in places like that then and avoid doing it in a football stadium

Shambles. It's clear they won't stop at this. They are after us and will continue no matter what we do. The worry is that you can't clearly hear what crowds chant so what's to stop them saying what's being chanted is sectarian. They will hear what they want to hear. I didn't have a clue what that warsaw mob were singing lat night. For all I know it could have been the most offensive songs on the planet. Same goes for changing the so called bad words. You can't hear them properly so who is to say what's being sung. Might be whataboutery but it's a fucking scandal the amount that mob have got away with over the years and we shouldn't let it go.

If you don’t understand that then you don’t know much about what we are up against in Glasgow.

The 19th Century Terrorists are constantly trying to glorify and legitimise that particular 19th Century Terrorist bastard. Over 100 of us turned up the other night at barrowlands park when they were glorifying him in an open

If it’s harming any chances of success to the club, then you should stop being selfish and think about that. Seems like you aren’t giving it a thought. You continue to sing your songs, and then when we eventually get punished consistently for it, I hope you’ll be happy about it.

There's a delegate at every single euro tie.

It's to be expected that he would be briefed on what he might hear that would fall foul of EUFA rules.

FARE most likely are bias, but it wasn't FARE singing songs about Catholics.

It's actually scary some of you genuinely believe folk outside the toxic WoS bubble care about us enough that there would b be conspiracies to %^*& us over at the highest levels of the sports governing body.

Our fans sing songs that break the rules despite club legends and the chairman asking us not to and as a result we are being punished. It's as simple as that.

Things seem really simple in your world eh? As if that’s how things work , all is just and good . Open your eyes ffs .

And before you dive in , I’ve already posted in defence of the club and the stance to try and rid us of these inane songs once and for all . Pope, bobby sands, IRA and 19th Century Terrorists have no place at our games .

But your black and white holier than thou attitude is way off the mark .

This thread is depressing as it shows the battle lines being drawn among the support...something that has been building for a while. The younger, 'woke' fans, want control and see us as dinosaurs....they smell blood I think. There is a growing number of fans who see us a sport team, and little else.

I was born into the club and know exactly what is about. Those traditions meant we were huge, but more importantly one of a handful of clubs globally who WERE 'more than a club'. We genuinely served a community, a demographic. That is being attacked every day, week and month by our own, by Scottish nationalists, by Scum fans, by chattering class 'opinion formers', by sport media, and I fear many are ready to give in to them for a 'peaceful life'.

I hate when we have division and are fighting each other....it weakens us and helps only Nonce FC.

I’m not younger or ‘woke’, far from it, but I see the way the wind blows. This is a society thing. Whether for good or bad, the powers that be beleive it’s wrong to sing offensive chants. No amount of us saying you’ll no tell us what to sing will change that.

Sing songs that celebrate our culture and values, but nothing that denigrates others and you’ll be fine.

As far as Iknow, no-one took action over Derry’s Walls, Build my Gallows or the Hokey Cokey, in spite of what some zoomers said

The 19th Century Terrorists are constantly trying to glorify and legitimise that particular 19th Century Terrorist bastard. Over 100 of us turned up the other night at barrowlands park when they were glorifying him in an open air concert.

OK you have found an alternative outlet to conduct your protest. Please carry on keeping it out of Ibrox.

The 19th Century Terrorists are constantly trying to glorify and legitimise that particular 19th Century Terrorist bastard. Over 100 of us turned up the other night at barrowlands park when they were glorifying him in an open air concert.

I don't give a f**k what you do in Glasgow when not at Ibrox. I only care a f**k about Rangers. I spend a lot of time and money supporting the club and have no interest in the sectarian shite in and around Glasgow.

Do what you want to sort out your neighbours just don't come to Ibrox and do it. If you are incapable of understanding the world has moved on and you need to change with it that is your problem. Just stay away from Rangers until it does penetrate your head.

Or as I suggested earlier try something different, Rugby, Junior football anything just give us peace.

Just stop singing about catholics , 19th Century Terrorists and the pope ...fur fluxake its no fkn hard !! Replace “19th Century Terrorist” wi Celtic in TBB , there ..sorted !!

There’s going to be a lot of sour faces on here this Sunday when our away support sings our usual class songbook.
There’s going to be a lot of sour faces on here this Sunday when our away support sings our usual class songbook.
See above. A second offence in Europe will see us play behind closed doors, the next step after is a 3-0 defeat. This is serious now. Anyone caught chanting that song can't complain if they are given a ban from the ground. There is no point in pointing fingers at each other, we've all sang it. It just has to be binned now for the good of the club.

Why is that our only choice? Why can our board not just defend us for once? Especially considering we are in the right.

Because in instances like this there’s NOTHING to defend. Certain songs have been deemed offensive (rightly or wrongly), and the club have made it abundantly clear for YEARS that these songs will land us in hot water, and therefore they have insisted that fans do not sing them.

But people like yourself decide to go ahead and just indulge yourselves anyway and then greet about the board not doing anything when the inevitable happens. The board should be doing more to shine a light on some of the hypocrisies shown theres no doubt about that, BUT, pathetically defying them by obsessing over the pope and bobby sands when you know the repercussions, is absolutely fucking brainless. It really is.

Because in instances like this there’s NOTHING to defend. Certain songs have been deemed offensive (rightly or wrongly), and the club have made it abundantly clear for YEARS that these songs will land us in hot water, and therefore they have insisted that fans do not sing them.

But people like yourself decide to go ahead and just indulge yourselves anyway and then greet about the board not doing anything when the inevitable happens. The board should be doing more to shine a light on some of the hypocrisies shown theres no doubt about that, BUT, pathetically defying them by obsessing over the pope and bobby sands when you know the repercussions, is absolutely fucking brainless. It really is.
“People like me” = the vast vast majority of our away support at least 95% of it.

Religion and Irish politics have absolutely fućk all to do with Rangers Football Club.

I asked politely earlier, now I'm not feeling so polite.

Continue to sing about Irish politics, the pope, 19th Century Terrorists, the ira, Bobby sands etc and you are nothing more than a selfish cünt who is putting your own personal prejudices above the needs and wants of our club. Every single one of you who keeps it going are doing more damage than any of our enemies could do. Fućk each and every one of you.

See above. A second offence in Europe will see us play behind closed doors, the next step after is a 3-0 defeat. This is serious now. Anyone caught chanting that song can't complain if they are given a ban from the ground. There is no point in pointing fingers at each other, we've all sang it. It just has to be binned now for the good of the club.
Regardless of any whataboutery, those moaning about their freedom of speech need to check the terms and conditions attached to a match ticket.

Already we can see that some don’t want to change, refuse to even contemplate doing so, and therefore never will.

We all like a good laugh at so called ‘Tim on Tim’ violence (is ‘Tim’ racist?), but if we are not very careful then we know how this ends.

Sad times, but times for which we only have ourselves to blame.

“People like me” = the vast vast majority of our away support at least 95% of it.

I used be part of the away support so I can say right away that you’re talking shite there. And yes people like you, you’ve already admitted you’ll do what you want regardless of how many problems it creates for the club. It’s such a selfish and petty stance to take.

I’ve tried really hard not to use the word ned but when I see the type of rebuttal these fans put up its hard not to conclude that that’s what the majority of the offenders are.

Almost the entirety of our away support have been belting out all the songs yous all cry about for generations, It’s clear we don’t care what the handwringers who don’t attend think.

You’re doing it again. I’m part of the away support, you don’t speak for me. BTW, I don’t care what has gone on in the past, going forward, anybody ‘belting out all the songs’ doesn’t have Rangers best interests at heart.

Instead of arguing amongst each other,we should be informing UEFA of FARE's clear and long running political agenda against our club and support. UEFA know nothing about the songs we sing or the context of those songs. UEFA are told by bigots at FARE what they supposedly mean.

Time to start banning supporters if the thick arseholes can't control themselves.

I don't associate myself with those supporters and never have. I don't want them at Ibrox because they don't deserve to be there

It’s a bit cowardly shouting FTP while hiding in a crowd. Plus it does harm us. Why not shout it on a bus or a train ? After all, it is a statement you are making, why not try and re-educate the general public ?
You’re doing it again. I’m part of the away support, you don’t speak for me. BTW, I don’t care what has gone on in the past, going forward, anybody ‘belting out all the songs’ doesn’t have Rangers best interests at heart.
The vast vast vast majority sing the songs yous are all crying about if you are in the couple of percent that doesn’t join in then fine I am not putting across your thoughts.

Yep, that’s the trouble with these threads. The vast majority of bears who go to away games and sing the old songs don’t give a f*ck what anyone on here thinks.

These threads are pointless. The songs will be sung on Sunday and most probably next Thursday regardless.
No apology no surrender.

OK, I'll say it. I don't think you are anywhere close to being a Rangers supporter. You support something in your head which you regard as supporting Rangers and I'm not even sure about that.
Seen it before - someone who supports the idea of how some other folk view Rangers - no real interest in football, spends half the match moaning that everyone is pish, staunch prod that hasn't seen the inside of a church outwith weddings/funerals etc since they were a kid, and has never been to Northern Ireland but had a Bushmills once so that means he's an expert on all things in the North... Hates plastic paddies but is himself a upvc ulsterman.

So tell me this if celtic call themselves '19th Century Terrorists' and '19th Century Terrorist army' then how can you punish someone else for calling them 19th Century Terrorists. Considering 19th Century Terrorist doesn't even mean Catholic so how is it actually sectarian

I still find it beyond belief that Rangers can be held liable for this. Genuinely, with everything put in place, what more can the club do? Unfortunately, the fans who will take note of this are not the fans singing the songs anyways.

Not to mention, it’s particular galling that UEFA are attempting to be the moral compass of anything. The conflict of interest is blatantly clear here, so let’s stop giving them ammo, and then fight their blatant corruption.

Is it just me that is worried that there has been further ‘racist’ singing during some of the games since St Joseph’s, and some of these 2nd/3rd offence charges are already in the post?

See if it escalates to the point it looks like it's going to, the club are just going to ban your kind. You think if it comes to playing behind closed doors or banning folk who like to sing about Catholics that the club will choose you ?
The billy boys isn’t about catholic’s. “Your kind” how bigoted of you pal.

Admin are going to have their work cut out today
giphybbn.gif

Seriously, there is no way on this earth you are a Rangers fan.
You may go to games, but you're only using Rangers as a vehicle to spout hatred.
You don't care about the club, you don't care about it at all.
I'm starting to enjoy reading your nonsense, it all makes sense now.
That’s just incoherent nonsense pal. Play the ball not the man.

Is it just me that is worried that there has been further ‘racist’ singing during some of the games since St Joseph’s, and some of these 2nd/3rd offence charges are already in the post?

Knowing the way the corrupt UEFA do things, you raise a fair concern.

@nithsdaleloyalist can you answer a question here so I’m clear. Would you be prepared to keep singing whatever you like if you knew it meant Rangers would be thrown out of the Europa League this season?

Knowing the way the corrupt UEFA do things, you raise a fair concern.

Don’t blame UEFA. There has been more singing. I’ve been there to hear it. Blame our idiotic fans who can’t stop their bile. If a stadium closure (and it will happen) is what it takes to fix these buffoons then I’m fine with that.

So tell me this if celtic call themselves '19th Century Terrorists' and '19th Century Terrorist army' then how can you punish someone else for calling them 19th Century Terrorists. Considering 19th Century Terrorist doesn't even mean Catholic so how is it actually sectarian
Nobody ever argues otherwise. It’s not a good career move in 21st century republican Scotland alas.

@nithsdaleloyalist can you answer a question here so I’m clear. Would you be prepared to keep singing whatever you like if you knew it meant Rangers would be thrown out of the Europa League this season?
In Europe no because our board are not taking this fight on and aren’t defending us. They are showing extreme cowardice on this front.

I will continue to sing it in domestic games.

Back