Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

I'm all about getting our own house in order but I also demand to be treated the same as any one else. You can't have one rule for one club and a set of others for other clubs.

UEFA and FARE are at it. Not a peep on the Celtic song book, not a word spoken of their effigies, orange bastards, sectarian songs or the flags and banners they display - 19th Century Terrorist army...

They were at it last night, a lad at work was there and was watching videos at work today. Were FARE in the ground or were they and UEFA too busy packing out the Legia Warsaw to see what we were up to.

I've fired off emails to UEFA and FARE because this is an absolute stitch up. Neither will blink an eye because they are corrupt to the core.

You've wasted your time, then.

Their jursidiction is European games only.

It's the useless cabal of suits and bean counters in Scotland that need to address most of what the Yahoos do. Don't hold yer breath.

There doesn’t seem to be any logic to their thinking, that’s my point. If they’ve banned the word 19th Century Terrorist, fair enough, but surely any songs using the word become acceptable if the word is removed?

The idea that they’re only after words seems misguided. They’re making it up as they go along, particularly as it’s now transpired that the acting FARE delegate was the Kilmarnock CEO.
Mate. I am in no doubt we are being targeted. We do not have an even playing field. But why oh why time and again, do some in our support give the bigots a stick to beat us with!!!?

It’s not just the word 19th Century Terrorist, nor FTP. It’s any chant or song that could be considered denigrating any other persons race, nationality, religion, sexuality or gender.

They focus on us because we have past history. We were warned by the club and others that they were gunning for us.

Celebrate your culture by all means but in a positive way, not by using discriminatory language

I have no problem with not singing the Billy Boys, but here is what everybody needs to think about. It'll be the Billy Boys for now, then it'll be the Sash and Derry's Walls. They will probably go after Penny Arcade as a song about a shooting in an arcade. The Bouncy will be about jumping on mentally challengeds heads. Next it'll be the Union Flag that flies above the stadium that'll offend them and on and on it goes. Meanwhile while this is going on there will IRA song fest at the Saville Dome every other week and not a thing will be said. This is the thing that really sticks in my craw. Never mind them get our own house in order some will say but they're missing the point. This is a one way street, make no mistake. As a support we better lube up because we're going to get rattled like an old charity tin for the foreseeable future. It won't be the need to educate fans that's required to try and appease our enemies it'll be submission. That is what they are after.

Mate. I am in no doubt we are being targeted. We do not have an even playing field. But why oh why time and again, do some in our support give the bigots a stick to beat us with!!!?

That, I don’t know. We need to get with the script pronto, no matter how unjust I feel it is.

I can see why we could face sanctions for "%^*& the Pope" but there is absolutely nothing sectarian about singing 19th Century Terrorist bastards.

It seems like the 19th Century Terrorists at FARE can't hide their bigotry the scum b@stards.

That's an impressive level of facetious you're being there. Do you think the club would approve of '%^*& Neil Lennon', or '%^*& Scott Brown'? It's not hate speech or sectarian in itself, so isn't advised against on our current guidelines.
I’m not talking about Lennon Or Brown. I think in this case what the club thinks matters after all we are in the ground under their terms.

You wouldn’t email them because you know they don’t want to hear it. You know it’s unacceptable to our Club, so the question is why would you do it?

What word ...19th Century Terrorist?
They call themselves that so it cant be that derogatory.

I couldn't care less about them. I care about us and giving our enemies an open goal.

Do you propose we just carry on regardless and let the club take the hit?

I’m not talking about Lennon Or Brown. I think in this case what the club thinks matters after all we are in the ground under their terms.

You wouldn’t email them because you know they don’t want to hear it. You know it’s unacceptable to our Club, so the question is why would you do it?

You completely missed my point. The Rangers legal department/PR department/anyone answering emails couldn't be seen to approve of a chant saying '%^*& Anybody'. They are only able to point out what should not be sang (hate speech/sectarianism). The UEFA charge is against the word 19th Century Terrorist, and that's what's important here. If we could focus on reality that'd be great.

I couldn't care less about them. I care about us and giving our enemies an open goal.

I know you're trying really hard not to come across as panty-wetting but between you and me you should try 10% harder.

Surprisingly I dont wish us to carry on.
But to simply ignore that we are treated differently from any other club in Scotland wont help.
If many of the "song singers" seen that everyone was being treated equally then I've no doubt we would be more successful in stopping the songs.
Simply pointing finger at fellow fans and ignoring the rest is naive imo.

The rest of Scotland dont even want us to exist ffs...you seriously think us stopping couple songs will change that?
They will simply move onto something else.

That’s not the issue at the moment. This is about preventing a full stadium closure, getting kicked out the competition or worst of all losing Gerrard. It’ll come to that if we keep getting pulled up for this.

You've wasted your time, then.

Their jursidiction is European games only.

It's the useless cabal of suits and bean counters in Scotland that need to address most of what the Yahoos do. Don't hold yer breath.

I mentioned them at it last night in my third paragraph. A Europa League play off round qualifier. Where were FARE and UEFA. You heard the songs against Cluj as well - what sanctions were put on the bheggars for the throwing of objects towards the Cluj players?

That’s not the issue at the moment. This is about preventing a full stadium closure, getting kicked out the competition or worst of all losing Gerrard. It’ll come to that if we keep getting pulled up for this.
I disagree tbh...while dealing with the banned songs subject we should be raising the different treatment we get at same time.
We have a habit of turning in on ourselves and ignoring every round about us.

You completely missed my point. The Rangers legal department/PR department/anyone answering emails couldn't be seen to approve of a chant saying '%^*& Anybody'. They are only able to point out what should not be sang (hate speech/sectarianism). The UEFA charge is against the word 19th Century Terrorist, and that's what's important here. If we could focus on reality that'd be great.
So in other words, secretly Dave King wants you to sing 19th Century Terrorist bastards and FTP but they just can’t say it openly? Jeezo. Did you read the post listing what Four lads said could not be sung?

Surprisingly I dont wish us to carry on.
But to simply ignore that we are treated differently from any other club in Scotland wont help.
If many of the "song singers" seen that everyone was being treated equally then I've no doubt we would be more successful in stopping the songs.
Simply pointing finger at fellow fans and ignoring the rest is naive imo.

Yes I agree with you. I've sung this since I was a kid going to games. I hope we can realise it's only gonna hurt us now though.

So in other words, secretly Dave King wants you to sing 19th Century Terrorist bastards and FTP but they just can’t say it openly? Jeezo. Did you read the post listing what Four lads said could not be sung?
No, please stop imagining things that I haven't said. I am saying 'the club can't positively endorse any statement that is negative about anyone, but they wouldn't ban you for shouting '%^*& Neil Lennon', '%^*& the Pope', or '%^*& Elijah'. You seem to be confused and thinking that 'if the club don't directly endorse it, you can't say it'.

The Four Lads list goes too far in respect to the charge, yes. That's a fact, not a particularly controversial opinion.

Lol I've sung TBB since I was a nipper going to games. If the club's gonna get fucked over for it though I can stop.
If the club are being charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist (we are) we should stop singing songs that include that term until such time that they can be revised. I'm down with that. The wider hysteria of 'don't say anything that isn't 100% lovely' I am not on board with. It's a clear charge to respond to, not a reason to fight among ourselves.

No, please stop imagining things that I haven't said. I am saying 'the club can't positively endorse any statement that is negative about anyone, but they wouldn't ban you for shouting '%^*& Neil Lennon', '%^*& the Pope', or '%^*& Elijah'. You seem to be confused and thinking that 'if the club don't directly endorse it, you can't say it'.

The Four Lads list goes too far in respect to the charge, yes. That's a fact, not a particularly controversial opinion.
The list is stated to have come from the club.

The list is stated to have come from the club.
Stated by who? I am saying that it is excessive in response to the actual charge. The club, if they dictated the statement, may be right to err on the side of caution but this isn't a statement 'from the club'. It's a statement on a twitter page for a fan-blog.

Lol I've sung TBB since I was a nipper going to games. If the club's gonna get fucked over for it though I can stop.
Very few on this forum or in the wider support can cast the first stone, in pointing the finger at anyone singing the BB. However i would rather Ibrox was like a Library, than getting the club fined for the BB being belted out.

Very few on this forum or in the wider support can cast the first stone, in pointing the finger at anyone singing the BB. However i would rather Ibrox was like a Library, than getting the club fined for the BB being belted out.
Great statement, marred only slightly by the fact that I've been watching self-righteous arseholes throw stones all day.

Stated by who? I am saying that it is excessive in response to the actual charge. The club, if they dictated the statement, may be right to err on the side of caution but this isn't a statement 'from the club'. It's a statement on a twitter page for a fan-blog.
Ok pal you just keep your head in the sand.

I'm all about getting our own house in order but I also demand to be treated the same as any one else. You can't have one rule for one club and a set of others for other clubs.

UEFA and FARE are at it. Not a peep on the Celtic song book, not a word spoken of their effigies, orange bastards, sectarian songs or the flags and banners they display - 19th Century Terrorist army...

They were at it last night, a lad at work was there and was watching videos at work today. Were FARE in the ground or were they and UEFA too busy packing out the Legia Warsaw to see what we were up to.

I've fired off emails to UEFA and FARE because this is an absolute stitch up. Neither will blink an eye because they are corrupt to the core.
We'll done on the emails. This is a stitch up but we need to wise up.

There doesn’t seem to be any logic to their thinking, that’s my point. If they’ve banned the word 19th Century Terrorist, fair enough, but surely any songs using the word become acceptable if the word is removed?

The idea that they’re only after words seems misguided. They’re making it up as they go along, particularly as it’s now transpired that the acting FARE delegate was the Kilmarnock CEO.
How do you get these positions with UEFA?

Ok pal. I'll keep my head in the sand by following the club's guidelines and you can keep patting yourself on the back for panty-wetting over issues we aren't being charged/cited for.
I’m no panty wetter. Just sick of people giving giving the bigots a stick to beat us with,

I’m no panty wetter. Just sick of people giving giving the bigots a stick to beat us with,
The stick beating us right now has 'illicit use of the word 19th Century Terrorist' written on it. Calling for a response to any charge other than this is panty-wetting. It's not a bad thing. Half the board are doing it.

FARE will continue to report us regardless of whether we change the songbook.

They could try but they would have less success. This idea what we sing is irrelevant to all this is nonsense.

The Northern Ireland national team has a similar set of enemies who would love nothing more than to see it ended and who seek to damage its reputation at every turn.

About 20 years ago the NI fans made a determined effort to clean up the atmosphere at games - it has been a massive success story, better atmosphere, more fans at games, and now one of the most highly regarded set of supporters in international football. Still have all the same enemies but they don’t have anything like as much success in their efforts.

And no NI supporter is any less Protestant, Unionist, or British for it.

We will prove nothing and achieve nothing by insisting on singing the two or three songs and add ons that are an open goal for our enemies. We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and use our brains.

The stick beating us right now has 'illicit use of the word 19th Century Terrorist' written on it. Calling for a response to any charge other than this is panty-wetting. It's not a bad thing. Half the board are doing it.
The club statement doesn’t mention 19th Century Terrorist

I'm not sure you are having this conversation in good faith so will leave it. If these are your genuine opinions and input then my apologies.
They are. The problem is you are focusing on one word when we all know it’s more than that. You can’t accept it. So yes we will leave it.

They are. The problem is you are focusing on one word when we all know it’s more than that. You can’t accept it. So yes we will leave it.
Please tell me more about your good-faith conversation while speculating on what I can and cannot take. If those are your real opinions then I am sorry. If this was a troll then well done, very convincing but too ridiculous at times.

Please tell me more about your good-faith conversation while speculating on what I can and cannot take. If those are your real opinions then I am sorry. If this was a troll then well done, very convincing but too ridiculous at times.
Oh for Gods sake read back. FTP is no longer acceptable. Booby sands add on is excruciating. 19th Century Terrorist is banned. Four Lads have it direct from the club FFS. Who in the name of god wants to go to the football and hear people singing about the pope? It’s laughable

Oh for Gods sake read back. FTP is no longer acceptable. Booby sands add on is excruciating. 19th Century Terrorist is banned. Four Lads have it direct from the club FFS. Who in the name of god wants to go to the football and hear people singing about the pope? It’s laughable
Really not interested in explaining this to you again. Your post in no way reflects my point (or reality) and that's happening too much in this conversation. Do you actually think my argument was 'people want to go to hear FTP at the football', or even that it is a nice thing to say? Of course not.

Last edited:
Back