Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

Don’t blame UEFA. There has been more singing. I’ve been there to hear it. Blame our idiotic fans who can’t stop their bile. If a stadium closure (and it will happen) is what it takes to fix these buffoons then I’m fine with that.

UEFA’s process is farcical, corrupt and disproportionate. There’s multiple facets to this problem, some fans letting the club down doesn’t change the fact that UEFA are a disgrace.

Anyone with any sense will be pissed off at both the supporters who have let us down, and UEFA for their dreadful process.

A stadium closure doesn’t fix this, it’s massively ignorant to believe it’s a deterrent against these folk. UEFA are putting their nose into a social issue that they don’t understand.

Why would the admins delete comments debating a pertinent issue regarding our club? That wouldn’t be very fourmy.

Noticed a thread on the song topic that was deleted - but generally feelings run high and admin do have their work cut out. It was more tongue in cheek than anything - but they will be busy behind the scenes.

No, he absolutely should play the man.

You’re going to get a lifetime ban.
Why would I? Because you disagree with my position? That earns a lifetime ban? What the hell is wrong with so many people on here.

I can’t stand the handwringers on here, do I want them receiving bans because of their opinions? No, that would make me utterly pathetic.

Do you have any respect for freedom of speech at all?

Why would I? Because you disagree with my position? That earns a lifetime ban? What the hell is wrong with so many people on here.

I can’t stand the handwringers on here, do I want them receiving bans because of their opinions? No, that would make me utterly pathetic.

Do you have any respect for freedom of speech at all?
Not from here, from Ibrox.

We will not tolerate bigotry.

With every post you make I’m more convinced you’re either a troll or one of them at the wind up.

Whatever you are, you don’t have the clubs best interests at heart.

Most definitely a troll, but very sadly I don’t believe he’s one of them on the wind.

Unfortunately this is what we are up against.

No apology no surrender.
Some of the comments here are astounding. You're an absolute clown and have a brass neck to be calling yourself a fan if you’re coming on here and defending these actions.

Here’s a thought. Maybe we shouldn’t wait for the club to weed these people out, why don’t we start at places such as here?

Ban them from this forum, ban them from Facebook groups and anywhere else you spout your nonsense as not even our club losing cash (thousands), being thrown our tournaments (millions) or the very possibility in future of our manager leaving us seems to get through their thick skulls.

The ironic thing is, the word changing has failed in the past, but might actually work once the idiots who refuse to move with the times are no longer allowed inside Ibrox.

The people singing know fine well the consequence of their actions will cause but that dosent bother them. We have been warned so many times n now we are getting hammered for it. Wether u sing these songs or not they really need to fkn stop pronto.
Well done the fk wits

Nobody ever argues otherwise. It’s not a good career move in 21st century republican Scotland alas.
but how can TBB be classed as sectarian by uefa for mentioning the word 19th Century Terrorist when is isn't a word for a person of a certain religion etc it's similar to celtic singing 'come out you black and tans' considering it was an organisation made up of mostly protestants (around 85%).

I could see through it if that we hate cath*lics song was being sung in the stands as that's quite clearly sectarian

Some of the comments here are astounding. You're an absolute clown and have a brass neck to be calling yourself a fan if you’re coming on here and defending these actions.

Here’s a thought. Maybe we shouldn’t wait for the club to weed these people out, why don’t we start at places such as here?

Ban them from this forum, ban them from Facebook groups and anywhere else you spout your nonsense as not even our club losing cash (thousands), being thrown our tournaments (millions) or the very possibility in future of our manager leaving us seems to get through their thick skulls.

The ironic thing is, the word changing has failed in the past, but might actually work once the idiots who refuse to move with the times are no longer allowed inside Ibrox.
Banning people because of their opinions is that not extremely bigoted pal? Can you not just debate people you disagree with and then people can read said debate and decide what they think? Is that not the whole point of a forum?

See if it escalates to the point it looks like it's going to, the club are just going to ban your kind. You think if it comes to playing behind closed doors or banning folk who like to sing about Catholics that the club will choose you ?
Genuine question here what songs were being sung about catholics?

It's extremely simple.
Ask yourself which is more important to you. F*cking the Pope and the IRA, being up to your knees in 19th Century Terrorist Blood etc. Or the success and prosperity of our football club.
If it's not the latter, your priorities are wrong.

By all means sing those songs on supporters buses and in clubs, but leave them outside Ibrox and any ground we play at.
Saying '%^*& the Pope' will never, ever, be illegal.

Aye I was there. 40k fine and a one game ban

Edit: was that not for home game?
Alledgedly it was build my gallows and our supporters were banned from the next away game.
When i use the word allegedly it's simply because there has never been anything in black or white but many people who were there that night assumed it was this song as it was sung over and over.

Banning people because of their opinions is that not extremely bigoted pal? Can you not just debate people you disagree with and then people can read said debate and decide what they think? Is that not the whole point of a forum?

Why not start a thread with the title ‘I’m a dumb f*cker.........’? Because there can be barriers to entry that the forum owner decides on.

Your 'opinion' has just lost us 3,000 seats (£75,000) at the most crucial game of the season so far.

Honestly, keep your opinions away from Ibrox, and any ground where it does absolutely nothing but harm the club you claim to support.

but how can TBB be classed as sectarian by uefa for mentioning the word 19th Century Terrorist when is isn't a word for a person of a certain religion etc it's similar to celtic singing 'come out you black and tans' considering it was an organisation made up of mostly protestants (around 85%).

I could see through it if that we hate cath*lics song was being sung in the stands as that's quite clearly sectarian
I'm not saying you are in any way, but this argument comes across like the ones racists use to show how they aren't racist. Getting into pedantics of language rather than accepting that if it's not acceptable language, then it should be stopped. Ultimately it's going to take people "grassing" other people in at games to get it stopped, which nobody wants, but we can't sit sit and ignore the consequences and hope that nobody hears the songs. Policing has to be done from within.

Report for what? Genuinely? Do you genuinely not see how bigoted you are being in trying to silence my opinion?

I know mate some celtic fans must go as far as me attending every game just so I can post on follow follow defending the rangers support. Surely a Celtic dan would be using this opportunity to slag our support no?

Report for what? Genuinely? Do you genuinely not see how bigoted you are being in trying to silence my opinion?

I know mate some celtic fans must go as far as me attending every game just so I can post on follow follow defending the rangers support. Surely a Celtic dan would be using this opportunity to slag our support no?
Yeah there’s no chance you attend Rangers games. And if somehow you do, you won’t be for much longer.

Well that's convinced me you are right in your attitude.
To prove it I can say with certainty, I don't care what you think.

I'm not saying you are in any way, but this argument comes across like the ones racists use to show how they aren't racist. Getting into pedantics of language rather than accepting that if it's not acceptable language, then it should be stopped. Ultimately it's going to take people "grassing" other people in at games to get it stopped, which nobody wants, but we can't sit sit and ignore the consequences and hope that nobody hears the songs. Policing has to be done from within.
I don't actually sing the song at games because of the heat it brings to the club. But I was merely pointing out the inaccuracies of 19th Century Terrorist being a sectarian word. I know that ship has sailed long ago but it doesn't change the real meaning of the word. Obviously in an ideal world everyone wouldnt sing that song at games. But as they say sometimes when the drink is in the wit is out

Just out of interest I know they have been fined before in Europe but have they ever had a stand or a section closed? Seemed to me they have continuously caused some form of trouble in Europe for years.

Alledgedly it was build my gallows and our supporters were banned from the next away game.
When i use the word allegedly it's simply because there has never been anything in black or white but many people who were there that night assumed it was this song as it was sung over and over.
It was sung for about 70 minutes haha

It has been coming - The club cannot really do anymore about!

Its not difficult to change one or two words per song and cut out the add ons!!

Christ knows whats coming if they have been at Progres and Danish games!!

It has been coming - The club cannot really do anymore about!

Its not difficult to change one or two words per song and cut out the add ons!!

Christ knows whats coming if they have been at Progres and Danish games!!
They have been!

If and it’s a big IF and the club are aware then we should withdraw from this years tournament now

This is like student politics. Devoid of context and detached from reality.

There are plenty of opportunities for you to publicise your views. However you use a football match and crowd cover with no thought of the consequences for others.
No pal it’s just the literal definition.

Heard that there’s going to be a banner put in we’re the empty seats are going to be at Warsaw so potentially the sandy jardine will have a section shut in order for the camera to see the banner

Back