Rangers Burns Supper

Can’t help you mate but looking forward to it. Usually a great night with quality speakers.

been a couple of times when it was in the hilton. was a really good night apart from the female comedian who IMHO has no place at a burns supper

Anyone know who the speakers are tonight?

Forgot you were going to that tonight. Stick a pint for yourself on our table courtesy of your old boss! ;)

Tell him I said it was ok! :D

I was at another Burns Do last week and there was a whiff of the Nationalist / Republican side of things about one of the speakers. Seemed intent on trying to tell us that Burns might have been less staunch that all historic evidence suggests.

Benny Higgings was the guy's name. Now he was very good overall and clearly an intelligent guy but you just couldn't help feel there was a slant to the tale.

Probably didn't help that he just looked liked the lovechild of Pat Lally and Michael Kelly.

Forgot you were going to that tonight. Stick a pint for yourself on our table courtesy of your old boss! ;)

I was at another Burns Do last week and there was a whiff of the Nationalist / Republican side of things about one of the speakers. Seemed intent on trying to tell us that Burns might have been less staunch that all historic evidence suggests.

Benny Higgings was the guy's name. Now he was very good overall and clearly an intelligent guy but you just couldn't help feel there was a slant to the tale.

Probably didn't help that he just looked liked the lovechild of Pat Lally and Michael Kelly.

Everything they touch ...

The clue was in Higgins. ;-)

See you later on

Yeah seen the pics of Alfredo its truly unbelievable n sad how that cool young guy is portrayed apart from among the bears the guy is an absolute star

His name was sung when it was announced he was in attendance and got the loudest cheer of the night as well. Think he left just after the haggis address.

Really good night last night entertainment was really good Tom Miller in good form and Andy Cameron was actually alright as well. Plenty of ex players in attendance and current board members as well all happy to take time to talk and pose for pictures.

Only complaint was the room wasnt big enough for the amount of people there wasnt much space between the tables at all.

Really must go to this next year.

Any photos of Alfie at it that can be shared here?

Edit - just seen the official one from the club

Alfie and the haggis was a great picture. Hope all in attendance had a great time. 2 young kids have curtailed my burns attendances last few years!

A cracking night last night, all the ex players and Gary Mac were happy for photos but security wasn’t letting anybody near Alfredo, although he didn’t seem to mind the attention. He bolted right after the meal.

Have seen him speak before and desperate to paint picture of a catholic background etc, also quite embarrassing how up himself he was.

An absolutely brilliant night. Worth the ticket price, tables of 10 with three bottles of white and three of red wine, a bottle of glenfarclas 10 year old to toast the haggis with and decent speakers.
Got a great picture with Big Marv. Which makes me look like a wee boy standing next to him!

Married 5 times apparently.
"What did you first find attractive about the speccy, ginger, middle-aged millionaire Benny Higgins?"

Brother burns
Fraternal Greetings

Adieu! a heart-warm fond adieu;
Dear brothers of the mystic tie!
Ye favoured, enlighten'd few,
Companions of my social joy;
Tho' I to foreign lands must hie,
Pursuing Fortune's slidd'ry ba';
With melting heart, and brimful eye,
I'll mind you still, tho' far awa.

Oft have I met your social band,
And spent the cheerful, festive night;