Rangers Captain, Europa League finalist, competitions top goal scorer.

I think this is the moment he becomes a legend, win the Europa and he’s easily in the Hall of Fame.

The stand out for me is his calmness in the really difficult situations. Post goal he was encouraging the others, doing the simple things well and being an easy out ball make a massive difference. Along with being the top scorer in the competition!

I’ve had many an argument with mates who slagged him off, but to their credit they now hold their hands up. :))

Incredible really. Here’s story from a daft chat between my late father and I.

It was an early game, maybe Hibs at Easter Road and Tav banged in a pearler from a free kick maybe? I might have that wrong but anyway me old Da, not with us now, said that boy is a player. He’s way too good to be playing in the second level in Scotland. But,that’s the kinda player that is gonna get us back.

Don’t think auld faither was thinking a European Final but he called Tav right.

No matter how it goes in Seville, James Tavernier is the guy who seen it all.

Love the guy.

I think this is the moment he becomes a legend, win the Europa and he’s easily in the Hall of Fame.
Hall of fame? He's already there mate...

Win the Europa and he becomes one of a very rare breed in our hearts.

If I'm completely honest: We'll have a new God.

He's doing what no captain for us has ever done.

Goal and assist record as a defender.
Unbeaten leeague winning captain.
European cup finalist.

Legend!

I’ve been critical of him in the past in terms of his captaincy, but I’ve got to admit that he’s made me eat my words.

He was every inch a Rangers captain tonight.

He’s now a club legend. No arguments here.

He could be lifting the Europa League trophy on May 18th.

He could be lifting the Scottish Cup on May 21st.

He may even yet still lift the Premiership trophy on another Helicopter Sunday........

And yet he isn't even considered as a nominee for Scottish Player Of The Year....

How embarassing is that for Scottish football authorities ????

Well done James Tavernier , captain of Rangers Football Club.

I love the man he has improved considerably over the last few years but i want him to become immortal and lift this trophy.

Incredible really. Here’s story from a daft chat between my late father and I.

It was an early game, maybe Hibs at Easter Road and Tav banged in a pearler from a free kick maybe? I might have that wrong but anyway me old Da, not with us now, said that boy is a player. He’s way too good to be playing in the second level in Scotland. But,that’s the kinda player that is gonna get us back.

Don’t think auld faither was thinking a European Final but he called Tav right.

No matter how it goes in Seville, James Tavernier is the guy who seen it all.

Love the guy.
That was his debut! We hammered Hibs in the cup competition that the top league don't play in, whatever it's called.

Halliday scored a screamer on his debut and Waghorn scored too.

Back