Rangers claim Michael Stewart return proves BBC are ‘not serious’ about resolving dispute with club

Long time reader since it became open to all but never actually posted.

The BBC thing made me post though. It's an absolute disgrace the way this has been handled. Make no mistake. By all parties might I add.

That said, let's not punish all the other sides of the BBC that are important. We need the animal documentaries for the kids to learn about how we are felling forests and what life is like in the jungle. The kids TV has set many a life straight. There is some good content on the BBC, don't forget that. The Panorama documentary about Amazon was a great piece of telly box and now that iPlayer is adding stuff it's a good service for what we pay. Did anyone watch the Amazon thing? Crazy how we are all being manipulated and lied to on a daily basis.

Don't like the commentary on the games? Turn the volume down. I find it abhorrent and watch with the sound down and the tunes on.

If we don't like what ASDAs politics are we to just start stealing like them over the other side of town? There be gold in them there BBC hills and I am not going to die on the MS one. Not so tough on the BBC folks folks.

I do get annoyed though that because of one persons comments we end up with McCann, really? No offense but I have never heard a smart word come out of his mouth. At least Thommo makes an effort with his jeans and beard! Surely nobody thinks he is a real pundit?

Agree with all though, get the lawyers up and paid, they have a ton of work coming their way.

Anyway, sorry for the first post rant, just feel strongly about the BBC. And about the NHS, but that's for the meeting by the docks.
Banning BBC Scotland sports dept wouldn't impact on any programmes you mentioned in your post.

Stewart Robertson said at our agm that he was in discussions, at a senior level, with BBC in London. Guess that his discussions were fruitless.

I wrote this about Stewart last August

his agenda has been clear for ages, his comments on our crush at Kilmarnock were absolutely shocking, that prompted this blog

The club have been battling the BBC on Stewart for ages

What happened with Traynor is Traynor himself was able to go after him due to his comments and it suited the club also

Let’s not muddy the water and think we are acting because it’s Traynor, this has been ongoing for ages with this parasite and perhaps we’ve taken the steps we did because it was an open goal

the fact he hasn’t apologised and is back on is typical of the BBC behaviour

I can handle criticism of Rangers as an institution. That goes with the territory as they say.

However, I've never seen why this has anything to do with how highly a player is rated or how lucky or unlucky the team were or how fair or unfair referees have been, etc.

It should have nothing to do with analysis of incidents that take place during a match, such as Leigh Griffiths' stamp on the Accies player.

It should clearly have nothing to do with health and safety issues.

People who extend their animosity of the club to football-related matters are essentially unintelligent and unprofessional. Unfortunately, the Scottish football media is full of pea-brained chancers like Michael Stewart, although at the moment he is the least proficient in covering his tracks.

you feel that strongly about the bbc you cant watch listen to the commentary on our games but we need to suck it up as they produce good animal shows for kids?
David Attenborough seems to be the only pro BBC argument they can come up with

I can handle criticism of Rangers as an institution. That goes with the territory as they say.

However, I've never seen why this has anything to do with how highly a player is rated or how lucky or unlucky the team were or how fair or unfair referees have been, etc.

It should have nothing to do with analysis of incidents that take place during a match, such as Leigh Griffiths' stamp on the Accies player.

It should clearly have nothing to do with health and safety issues.

People who extend their animosity of the club to football-related matters are essentially unintelligent and unprofessional. Unfortunately, the Scottish football media is full of pea-brained chancers like Michael Stewart, although at the moment he is the least proficient in covering his tracks.
It's not just the pea brained. They have the support of the editors, management and heads of department. Idiots like Stewart are too dumb too see they are the face the others can hide behind

David Attenborough seems to be the only pro BBC argument they can come up with

There are a lot of good things about the BBC in England. Not so many in Scotland though.

it has lost its wat in the SNP Scotland. It seems like the overall BBC governance is scared to do anything in Scotland for fear of the nationalist wrath. This wrong. We are part of the U.K. and voted to be part of the U.K. we should have the protection of the U.K. wide governance.

in politics Westminster is way too hands off in Scotland. We need to fight for the union and like it or not the BBC is a part of the union glue. If we had political influence we would be rattling cages in London.

Dont you think the BBC have looked into this? They're a powerful corporation who probably deal with complaints every day. I think their lawyers will have been over the course by now.

Disagree. BBC Scotland are goading Rangers at the moment and realise that there is very little appetite within Rangers to take them on. Unlikely that lawyers have even been consulted.

There's a game of bluff being played out at the moment. If Rangers decide to take them on they will buckle very quickly.

Disagree. BBC Scotland are goading Rangers at the moment and realise that there is very little appetite within Rangers to take them on. Unlikely that lawyers have even been consulted.

There's a game of bluff being played out at the moment. If Rangers decide to take them on they will buckle very quickly.
Dont kid yourself. They get complaints and threats every day. The lawyers they use will be experts in this kind of thing.

Dont think you realise just how powerful they are.

Rangers restricting the reporting by McLaughlin was a dream come true for BBC Scotland. They now get to lie to the public that he was " banned " by Rangers and that they are not fully co-operating with the club in a noble show of solidarity and standing up for journalistic freedom. If we going to ban BBC Scotland, then do so completely and inform the public why.
Rangers strategy around this has been non-existent from day one. We're now telling them we won't engage further with them. Here's a clue, they don't care.

Rangers strategy around this has been non-existent from day one. We're now telling them we won't engage fuerther with them. Here's a clue, they don't care.

Your right they just don’t care . We should have banned all employees of BBC and that includes when they are working for BT , SKY etc

Oh great another statement that basically says we’re no playing with you until you behave, why do they even bother, pathetic bunch running the club.

The club should have escalated this dispute to London HQ years ago

Gollum having his press privileges removed and Pacific Quay CSC then refusing to send other colleagues to support Gollum should have seen the club take more draconian sooner

There have been numerous examples of BBC bias and people like Spence Stewart English Cosgrove etc have all overstepped the mark over a variety of issues

Now Traynor is in the firing line we want to escalate the issue to London

The fact Stewart has issues no apology or acknowledged the racist abuse of Alfie at Parkpaed shows he has no contrition and doesn’t feel he’s wrong to continually as for evidence of the abuse

Proves to me he’s on Hollicom or Lieswell payroll

Stewart is also anti Rangers due to his political leanings and his impartiality is non existent so there are a number of issues Rangers could force his removal

The lawyers must have grounds to go after BBC for failing to adhere to their charter as we have numerous complaints against Pacific Quay and a variety of employees and pundits they choose to give a platform on the national broadcaster airtime
If your waiting on the bbc london, I think you maybe in for a long one.

They are probably right behind bbc scotland.

Who cares how powerful the BBC are and how great some of their programmes are bann them all they don't do us any favours I do them a favour by helping to pay their wage. And I have to listen to their bigoted and biased reporting and snide comments. They work for us we don't owe them anything

He may or may not need binned, but not now.
I find it it strange that with the BBC put on a bit of a hook by Jim Traynor, you make a target of Jim Traynor.
Cant understand some on here. The BBC are the ones who are fecking us about, yet on come the posts blaming the rangers board and jim traynor.

Our board gets more abuse on here than any tim site, I find that strange to say the least.

It wasnt the board or traynor who never bothered covering the Braga game on radio scotland, doing a lot of license fee paying rangers fans out of keeping up with the game.

So I would advise instead of coming on here and blaming the wrong people, go on the bbc websites and kick up a row. Their the enemy you know.

Long time reader since it became open to all but never actually posted.

The BBC thing made me post though. It's an absolute disgrace the way this has been handled. Make no mistake. By all parties might I add.

That said, let's not punish all the other sides of the BBC that are important. We need the animal documentaries for the kids to learn about how we are felling forests and what life is like in the jungle. The kids TV has set many a life straight. There is some good content on the BBC, don't forget that. The Panorama documentary about Amazon was a great piece of telly box and now that iPlayer is adding stuff it's a good service for what we pay. Did anyone watch the Amazon thing? Crazy how we are all being manipulated and lied to on a daily basis.

Don't like the commentary on the games? Turn the volume down. I find it abhorrent and watch with the sound down and the tunes on.

If we don't like what ASDAs politics are we to just start stealing like them over the other side of town? There be gold in them there BBC hills and I am not going to die on the MS one. Not so tough on the BBC folks folks.

I do get annoyed though that because of one persons comments we end up with McCann, really? No offense but I have never heard a smart word come out of his mouth. At least Thommo makes an effort with his jeans and beard! Surely nobody thinks he is a real pundit?

Agree with all though, get the lawyers up and paid, they have a ton of work coming their way.

Anyway, sorry for the first post rant, just feel strongly about the BBC. And about the NHS, but that's for the meeting by the docks.

Aye because if the BBC ceased to exist no animal documentaries et al would ever be made again. What the actual f*ck, they choose to openly fight us and do not want compromise but you would have us surrender. Because if we dont like what they say we can mute the tv/radio?

How about the apply their charter and report on all things with no fear or favour, only in snatsi schottland would we get a publically paid organisation who can discriminate against a large demographic of the population because they do not think like the nationalist government of the day. I honestly think devolution has done irreparable damage to our once proud wee nation. No apologies for my rant :p:))

See you've replied and if that's your believe crack on, but I am up for burning the whole of BBC Scotland down to the ground as I care more about our club than keeping Attenborough et al in a cushy job. Only joking byraway in case a politicised police force is looking in, I wouldn't actually burn it down. 'Onest injun'

Last edited:
Back