Rangers Confirm Michael Beale As Manager

Michael Beale is head and shoulders above ange tactically. The Gaffer will have that fat kunts number. Come on Mr Beale, take 3 points aff them at the beginning of 23 and we're right back in it.
Just out of interest, what is Beale's overall record as manager. Played, won, drawn, lost etc?

Last edited:
As always, I'll get behind the manager but he hasn't done enough to qualify for the job.
Would love to be proved wrong though.
Have to say I feel the same. I hope he brings back the good football and players willing to run through a wall.

But I can't help shake the feeling it's the easy option for the board.

I hope I'm wrong and he's a success. We will all just have to wait and see, he will need time though.

I really wasn't sure on beale becoming our manager but after his interview tonigjt I'm excited and fully behind him. If he can get the squad playing the way he described tonight we can defo put pressure on that lot and challenge for the title. One of the reasons they're doing well in the league is because they have no real pressure but if we start to pump teams and beat them in January then it's game on

The interview on RTV with Michael Beale has left me hugely excited. I think we are going to see a marked improvement in the team very quickly. Kent, Kamara are two that I think will start to get back to what we know they can be. You have to think that he's going to get a game out of some of the new boys who have been a bit lacklustre so far. Matondo etc. It's a shame that things didn't work out for Gio. But he'll still have that Euro run and Scottish Cup. But there's just so much more dynamism around Michael Beale, and I think Gio lacked in that department. You never know quite how things will turn out, but I have a very good feeling about this appointment after watching that interview.

Just reading Beale's record at QPR and he doesn't even have a 50% win record. In fact it's pretty average if truth be told.

Now if today's appointment isn't lazy it is hardly inspiring is it?

Maybe you'll want to mute anyone using the words pretty average and hardly inspiring too.
Why are QPR fans devastated and raging that he's gone then? Very very few saying good riddance he's shite.

His latest results haven't been great but they obviously seen a massive improvement in them.

Just reading Beale's record at QPR and he doesn't even have a 50% win record. In fact it's pretty average if truth be told.

Maybe you'll want to mute anyone using the words pretty average and hardly inspiring too.
“The start to the season we have made, coupled with very attractive football being played, gave us cause for optimism as we looked to build on the previous three seasons.

“That optimism remains but there is no doubt it is a blow to lose Mick so soon into his tenure.”

QPR don’t agree there was anything average about his work at their club.

You say that quite dismissively but a 50% win record in the Championship is considered to be very good. Few teams manage to surpass a 50% win record over the season and those that do are usually promoted or just miss out on promotion.

Not who I wanted but he deserves my full backing.

Welcome back Michael Beale.
Pretty much the issue.

A unknown Norwegian

Sean Dyche who has won nothing

And some pretty expensive gambles in the mix, probably why we need to be making sure our pros are going into coaching so we have players to turn to in future

Hopefully the start of a really positive spell for us as a club. A lot of work required but he's starting from a good base with his prior knowledge of the club, league and most of the players.

He's not been appointed based only on his work at QPR.

Why are QPR fans devastated and raging that he's gone then? Very very few saying good riddance he's shite.

His latest results haven't been great but they obviously seen a massive improvement in them.
Their squad is thread bare and rely heavily on the boy Willock!

IF we can get him we would win a watch but sadly think he is premier league bound

17 days until we play. Brutal international break. Although it gives Michael Beale and his team time to work with the players.

Rewind back to a week ago and very few would have said we would have a new manager in place, in time for the players coming back.

The Board of Directors have acted, they've brought in man many wanted.

His interview today does not disappoint.
I must admit I thought we were headed for a Jan/End of season sacking having been pumped but I'm glad theyve done the business quickly. All the best Michael!

He's not been appointed based only on his work at QPR.
Correct, it’s based on that he is an up and coming coach who wants to take the step himself, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t but he knows what he is getting into and had turned down a pathway that would have seen either go from Wolves - Spurs - Man Utd to Rangers instead so aye fair play on the gamble.

On the other hand as Tim Sherwood said when he turned down wolves, it only takes 5 games to be down that list of managers in demand but the circles in England believe he is a top coach who could be a top manager.

Who knows and what will be will be, probably a bit kicked in that Beale was available in the summer and the Board/Ross Wilson had made their mind up then that he would be chased after at some point and we went for it early.

I must admit I thought we were headed for a Jan/End of season sacking having been pumped but I'm glad theyve done the business quickly. All the best Michael!
There’s an argument that Gio should have been given the time to get players back and see where we were in January. Not one I would make however it is their

There’s an argument that Gio should have been given the time to get players back and see where we were in January. Not one I would make however it is their
I think most folk were happy to call it quits with GVB and get a fresh face in. Even Gio looked defeated at times. I think getting someone new in was definitely the best choice... I hope I'm right!

I am optimistic. He knows what he is getting into. I thought it would have been hard to get him from QPR given that he turned down Wolves. I am sure it has been mentioned but when he did turn them down Les Ferdinand DOF at QPR was raving about him.

Let's go. We all know the rat eaters cannot stand pressure. Let's try and give them some!

Are we ever going to learn. If he doesn't work out then it's a other multi million pay off.
He had a multiyear deal at QPR, why would he agree to come to us on a lesser deal.
If it was a manager out of work (like GVB) then i could understand a 1 year rolling contract and i was stunned at the time when we gave GVB such a huge contract when he was out of work, hopefully Gio gets another gig soon to cancel our deal

his QPR record is decent enough relative to what was reasonably expected of him. Concern for me is he only has 22 games as a first team manager - he is simply not an experienced manager and we are heavily relying on him converting his coaching experience into top class manager and quickly. I hope to God he pulls it off - he needs to! He definitely has the coaching qualities to give me some excitement for sure but I recognise there is more to being a manager and I am nervous at the same time.

Good luck Michael.

A degree of patience will be required as taking over mid season is never easy for a manager, mind when a complete squad overhaul is so desperately required.

Getting a good start and especially a strong performance and result on 2nd January.

First Old Firms do often seem like they can set the tone for a manger. We can all Remember how Bert’s thunderbolt or Ugo’s overhead kick got Mcleish and Water (in his second) spell off to great starts after the past few OFs had been disappointing.

The board must really rate him to give him a shot. Still very unsure about it all, a huge gamble but there is no magic formula to picking the right guy.

Here's hoping we will be toasting 56 very soon and a few cups too!

Realistically the league has gone ,but hopefully we start building properly now for next season and that includes a good clear out .
I don't think MB will be giving it the old pals act with certain players that are not up to it anymore ,he has obviously still been watching us and would have seen it wasn't just Gio's system or style of play that was at fault for our awful performances for months now.

I'm really quite positive about this.

We've appointed a manager with minimum fuss, minus the usual mad, wild rumours (bar the odd one from the desperate Scottish sports arse rags) and got him in with plenty of time to get the squad in shape before the next game.

I don't regard it as lazy - I regard it as appointing a young, hungry, innovative coach who's highly regarded by people who have probably forgot more about football than most of us will ever learn.

I'm not making predictions or demands, but I have zero negatives about Beale, although that positivity isn't extended to finance and Wilson. But with Beale and his appointment, I'm happy.

Back