Rangers Confirm Michael Beale As Manager

What is it with admins and shit stirring in here nowadays.

Hearsay this and that. Wee hints they know this and that.

Either shit or get off the pan.

This I know something you don't know is playground behaviour.

Folk going on about protecting sources as if it's enemy of the state.

For the record, I don't actually want to know anything.

How many candidates, the vibe at the training ground what colour socks the players wear.

Just fed up of all this shit stirring, cryptic chronic wee boy stuff.

I’m hoping for an initial bounceback that has us battle fevered to the max for the games between the World Cup and winter break. It’s like a mini mini league we should be winning, even if it’s only powered by passion and adrenaline, the cohesive style development can wait temporarily.

The mentality thing is massive. Even the best players on paper we all know can find the shirt too heavy. Every time I thought Tav Goldson Jack Morelos Kamara Kent might be plugged into the same socket mentally as Bomber Brown, Stuart Munro, McCall, Ian Ferguson, they switched off and for me only Arfield comes close. Greegs and Davis obviously had it (Past tense).

How we were spoiled in the 90s
Agree with the last paragraph. That’s why these players need replaced ASAP imo. They’re not winners, certainly not serial winners that’s for sure. I used for think Morelos showed a bit of a winners mentality at times in the past when we’d toil and he’d pull us through but thats going back a bit now and since he can’t even be arsed anymore that could no longer be further from the truth.

We need to think about looking at players who thrive under pressure as opposed to those who allow themselves to be consumed by it like the Kents, Kamara’s, Barisic’s and Tav’s so often do. When the goalie passed away and I was reading all the thoughts on him from ex players and coaches it reminded me of how vital it can be to have players with his mentality; the bigger the occasion and the greater the pressure, the better Goram played. We’ve got the opposite of that right now. And as much as Lego and co were no world beaters technically speaking, they quite clearly had a stronger will to win than our players, as disgusting as that is to have to admit.

Will give him my full support moving forward. However I do feel once again the board have done little due diligence. And are gambling on a manager who has two dozen or so games under his belt and a 40% win ratio. Can he turn round a bad run? We don’t even know! But I suppose with the board (jeez) give him and his staff a 3.5 year contract we will soon find out.

Best wishes to our new manager

I must be honest , I don’t quite get the hero worship for the guy, but I have to trust the board examined all possible candidates and he was the best. With a deal until 2026 it seems like a long term project, so I hope he gets patience from the fans (some chance!)

Nevertheless, I hope you have a long and successful career at Ibrox Michael
He deserves time but the mentally challengeds can't, for example, have 2 trebles wrapped up before we finish our team and get going like we did for Gerrard.

We can't afford to give a gaffer that time again.

How many candidates, the vibe at the training ground what colour socks the players wear.

This is gonna end well…

I’m mortified for you taking this to DM and threatening to call me out….

Last time I checked it was a forum and as I said via DM…. Call me out!
I’ve asked you to state why you know they interviewed three people and you cant. So you’ve accused me of “nonsense rumours” but don’t like it when I call you on it?

Symptomatic of many on this board. Happy to hand it out not so happy when they get pulled up for it. As for the DM’s I’ve merely asked you to state what you tried to pass off as fact.

Will give him my full support moving forward. However I do feel once again the board have done little due diligence. And are gambling on a manager who has two dozen or so games under his belt and a 40% win ratio. Can he turn round a bad run? We don’t even know! But I suppose with the board (jeez) give him and his staff a 3.5 year contract we will soon find out.
How much due diligence was necessary in the case of Michael Beale would you say?

I'd really like if it had been the case that Michael Beale was the sole target for the board; identifying one man and going out and getting him here is fairly admirable. How many candidates when Souness was appointed, or Walter, or Alex McLeish, or even possibly Gerrard; none of them failures.

Admin shit stirring? To a lot of you admins aren’t allowed an opinion unless it’s the same as yours, as for protecting sources unless someone does that they tend to lose their sources.

As for shitting or getting off the pan I think I clearly stated what my opinion was, I couldn’t be a lot clearer.

I do however respect your opinion and will take on board what you’ve said.

This is gonna end well…

Admin shit stirring? To a lot of you admins aren’t allowed an opinion unless it’s the same as yours, as for protecting sources unless someone does that they tend to lose their sources.

As for shitting or getting off the pan I think I clearly stated what my opinion was, I couldn’t be a lot clearer.

I do however respect your opinion and will take on board what you’ve said.

I love you. I just didn't know how else to get your attention.

We need to change the players we are in a place where the players are just going through the motions.
They do not work hard enough or look like they train hard enough to play football to a decent level.

We cant afford to be paying wages for 6 centre halfs. Goldson, Davies, Souttar and Helander will all be on decent money and King as well, no chance we are adding to that IMO.
Will Souttar and Helander be available at any point? We can’t afford to go on with what we have, absolute hiding to nothing for Beale.

If people genuinely believe that a full search and analysis was done of all the managers available, then they will believe anything. Gio was struggling for months, Beale comes up and sits in the director's box for a match and a few weeks later he is the new manager. It doesn't take a genius to work out what has happened.

We need to change the players we are in a place where the players are just going through the motions.
They do not work hard enough or look like they train hard enough to play football to a decent level.
Six months ago they were in a European final, perhaps we need to find out what's been going on first before showing them all the door.

If you can give this 30 mins it’s a good watch. The guy could be our Director of Football in a few years. Reminds me of Eddie Howe - deep thinker, student of the game. Beale talks about learning from Cruyff, Ancelotti, Rinus Michels.

We’ve got to give this guy a chance, he’s not faking it. Whether he can do for us what Wenger did at Arsenal or if he’s destined always to be a philosophical purist first team coach may depend on his ability to spread the load in his new job.

Dear MB (no way I’m calling him M*ck)
QPR this isn’t. You can’t do this on your own. Spread the love like a fever.

I’ve asked you to state why you know they interviewed three people and you cant. So you’ve accused me of “nonsense rumours” but don’t like it when I call you on it?

Symptomatic of many on this board. Happy to hand it out not so happy when they get pulled up for it. As for the DM’s I’ve merely asked you to state what you tried to pass off as fact.
I accused you of nonsense rumours because that’s exactly what you were posting. You’re telling me it’s symptomatic - there’s an article today that states we spoke with Farioli, let me guess Jordan Campbell has got to disclose his information with you too? Is that symptomatic of our support too?

There’s 1 other that I know we spoke to also. I don’t have a clue whether they were ever going to get the role but that’s not the point.

The point is I don’t know you from Adam and you are telling me you are going to call me out if I don’t tell you how I know :D ! What are you going to do if I don’t tell you? Steal my lunch money off me? Calm down Nelson Muntz.

It’s primary school pish and embarrassing. I couldn’t give a %^*& about ITK’s, it’s mortifying and completely symptomatic of our support these days but when I see false posts like yours saying we only spoke to Beale they need to be called out because it’s 100% incorrect.

Btw, sometimes people tell others incorrect information - it happens.

Six months ago they were in a European final, perhaps we need to find out what's been going on first before showing them all the door.
Yes, they were and now they have performed that well they got the manager sacked that took them to that Cup Final.
We can kid ourselves on these players have the mentality to play for Rangers but they don't.
It easier to sack a manager than sack the lot of them I guess.

Yes, they were and now they have performed that well they got the manager sacked that took them to that Cup Final.
We can kid ourselves on these players have the mentality to play for Rangers but they don't.
It easier to sack a manager than sack the lot of them I guess.
They had the mentality to beat Dortmund and Leipzig over two legs, and win the league, unbeaten, 18 months ago. My point is we can't rush to conclusions. I find it significant that so many lost form within the same narrow period; it would be very useful to know why that was.

They had the mentality to beat Dortmund and Leipzig over two legs, and win the league, unbeaten, 18 months ago. My point is we can't rush to conclusions. I find it significant that so many lost form within the same narrow period; it would be very useful to know why that was.
You can see they cannot behave professionally and keep themselves in good physical shape to play.
No point looking back and saying they did this and that when the same group just got the manager sacked.
Their mentality has always been fragile how many times did we watch them crumble after a break even after half-time in some cases.
If Beale does not clear some of them out he will fail as they were hiding on the pitch in games.

A lot of these players also went off form for Gerrard just all of a sudden with no explanation, 2 winter breaks in a row after winning the previous old firm they came back and played like diddies when the momentum should have been with us.

Lets not kid ourselves they have only just gone off form, its happened plenty of times in the past 3-4 years.

They need cleared out asap and we need to build a new squad.

I accused you of nonsense rumours because that’s exactly what you were posting. You’re telling me it’s symptomatic - there’s an article today that states we spoke with Farioli, let me guess Jordan Campbell has got to disclose his information with you too? Is that symptomatic of our support too?

There’s 1 other that I know we spoke to also. I don’t have a clue whether they were ever going to get the role but that’s not the point.

The point is I don’t know you from Adam and you are telling me you are going to call me out if I don’t tell you how I know :D ! What are you going to do if I don’t tell you? Steal my lunch money off me? Calm down Nelson Muntz.

It’s primary school pish and embarrassing. I couldn’t give a %^*& about ITK’s, it’s mortifying and completely symptomatic of our support these days but when I see false posts like yours saying we only spoke to Beale they need to be called out because it’s 100% incorrect.

Btw, sometimes people tell others incorrect information - it happens.

still haven’t said how you know it’s incorrect have you. I don’t know who Nelson Muntz is and if you know the people we spoke too why don’t you tell us who they are?

You can see they cannot behave professionally and keep themselves in good physical shape to play.
No point looking back and saying they did this and that when the same group just got the manager sacked.
There mentality has always been fragile how many times did we watch them crumble after a break even after half time in some cases.
Fair point, it has happened so often that it has to be hoped Beale does something about that, and soon. I still think our squad is better than most think though, and should be doing far better. Hopefully a couple of signings in January to kick that off; after winning the games before then.

If you can give this 30 mins it’s a good watch. The guy could be our Director of Football in a few years. Reminds me of Eddie Howe - deep thinker, student of the game. Beale talks about learning from Cruyff, Ancelotti, Rinus Michels.

We’ve got to give this guy a chance, he’s not faking it. Whether he can do for us what Wenger did at Arsenal or if he’s destined always to be a philosophical purist first team coach may depend on his ability to spread the load in his new job.

Dear MB (no way I’m calling him M*ck)
QPR this isn’t. You can’t do this on your own. Spread the love like a fever.

The irony is that Beale is exactly the type of forward thinking coach I’ve read the constantly moaning faced on here crying out for, for years, but now that we’ve appointed him they are such miserable fuckers that they can’t bring themselves to welcome it, what a way to live your life.

A lot of these players also went off form for Gerrard just all of a sudden with no explanation, 2 winter breaks in a row after winning the previous old firm they came back and played like diddies when the momentum should have been with us.

Lets not kid ourselves they have only just gone off form, its happened plenty of times in the past 3-4 years.

You're right with that but Gerrard himself seen it and when it happened in the 2nd season again it almost cost him his job tbf. However, him, Beale and co got it drilled into them the importance of consistency and the following season we absolutely peaked as a club in terms of the league. Hopefully Beale gets that back as currently you and I know that you can tell within 5 mins of a match these days if we look up for it or if we're dropping points. It's not good enough.

Can't argue with some of that; that this side blows hot and cold, sometimes within the same season or even the same game at times, is something hopefully Michael Beale's going to deal with.

Fair point, it has happened so often that it has to be hoped Beale does something about that, and soon. I still think our squad is better than most think though, and should be doing far better. Hopefully a couple of signings in January to kick that off; after winning the games before then.
I agree we cannot clear every player out but we have a team who we all know are capable of doing so much more but for me it's their own attitude and application that is not good enough.
Some players have been here too long and are going through the motions as footballers.

These players have the ability to get him sacked by the summer if he doesn't replace them first.

The irony is that Beale is exactly the type of forward thinking coach I’ve read the constantly moaning faced on here crying out for, for years, but now that we’ve appointed him they are such miserable fuckers that they can’t bring themselves to welcome it, what a way to live your life.
I think its more to do with the players that everyone feels so down, if Beale had just came in and it was pre season with a budget to build a new squad people would be more upbeat.

I agree we cannot clear every player out but we have a team who we all know are capable of doing so much more but for me it's their own attitude and application that is not good enough.
Some players have been here too long and are going through the motions as footballers.
All that is true, but some players dropped form so significantly, like Tavernier for instance, not to ask why that was. Going by his interview in BT Sport, Beale probably agrees with your final point.

Are you getting Beale mixed up with someone else? About 20 odd games at QPR with a 40% win rate. Since when does that make you one of the brightest young coaches in football? He’s still completely unproven. I’m all for giving him a chance but let’s not take the piss here, there’s positive spin and then there’s that.

And yes, going straight for someone who was here previously and part of a set up that delivered 1 piece of silverware seems quite uninspired to me. Not sure why that’s hard for you to get your head around.
In the last 181 days, he’s been offered an English Championship job, an English Premiership job and the job at Rangers.

It suggests to me that people within the game - not me or you - think he is indeed one of the brightest young up and coming coaches.

Only one of us taking the piss here, surely?

I agree with you that we need to build a new squad, that will take a few *windows* to do that. However, if he can move on a few and get the right replacements in that can change the attitude of the remaining players.

We know that Jack is meant to be a top trainer, pushing people on, if we have 2 more players like that it could lift the players.

Beale is a student of the game, he lives and breathes it and everything connected to it. I half wanted him last year and still the same this year, but I am excited that he is now in and lets see what he can do.

still haven’t said how you know it’s incorrect have you. I don’t know who Nelson Muntz is and if you know the people we spoke too why don’t you tell us who they are?
Nelson Muntz is one of the finest football agents around.

Tough, fashionable and always sees the funny side in any situation.

Shame on you for not knowing. There is no way you are an ITK poster.

I genuinely think that some people would see Rangers lifting the Champions League and worry about the Super Cup or if we could retain it from how they behave on here and in the stands. It's a crutch to say that something won't go well, and that you'll have to be 'proved wrong' by a new manager so they can be less upset if it pans out and say I told you so. I find it pathetic.

Back