Rangers Confirm Michael Beale As Manager

If Beale is the right man, then it's absolutely the right time. If Beale's potential was realised already, or even on the way to being realised, he'd have been well out of out reach financially.

If Beale took the Wolves job and did well the same folk moaning about us appointing him would have been moaning that the board never had the foresight to appoint him before he did well for an EPL club.

It's just what they do.

On the contrary, the board, their sometimes batsh1t decisions and their limited achievements truly deserve much closer scrutiny than they get on here but that is for another day.

Here's Wison's final line from yesterday's official blatt.

“Finally, this is a coveted managerial position and after an intense week of discussions, I wish to extend our sincere thanks to all of the excellent managers who we met to discuss the role.”

If a guy whose track record in management is a less than 50% win rate, and I'm not swallowing any excuses that the English Championship is full of quality sides, is the pick of the bunch after a week of INTENSE discussions with other excellent managers, then goodness only knows the calibre of the also rans?

Or you could say to yourself this is more garbage trotted out from a charlatan who has no place at Ibrox and a populist appointment (hey it beats lazy and incompetent) made by the board that will help deflect criticism away from themselves next week.

Just so as we're clear here, I want Michael Beale to be as much a success at Ibrox as any Rangers fan. What I'm saying right from the start is there have to be worries if the decision has been made based on his success as a manager elsewhere.

One last point, I've read for over 22 years now that FF is not representative of the Rangers support at large. After reading some of the hysterical tripe posted on here about our new manager, I hope that's at least true of the shareholders next week.
Our esteemed custodians rewarded Stevie for stopping Terry Munro with two Bosmans and then relented with another free transfer after limping out of the CL. They rewarded Gio for an EL final appearance and CL group qualification with none of his first choices as signings. What makes anyone think that they will back a guy who has managed 21 league games in his entire managerial career thus far, with any serious intent?

I wish Mick all the best but I have grave concerns that he is going to need it. He’ll be afforded little patience if he cannot right the direction of travel in a meaningful way and quickly because he has been here before.

No harm to the fella at all, but maybe King has a point when he recently said that standards are slipping?

We shall see.

It's an interesting appointment, a bit of a gamble but they all are

However, we shouldn't lose sight of the real issues at the club. Beale is no miracle worker. There are fundamental structural issues at the club that made Gio's job 10x harder

Awful recruitment, lack of will to invest CL funds post qualification, ageing and seemingly unmotivated squad, lack of sellable assets, poor injury records (don't believe its just bad luck, there's an obvious pattern there) and of course Ross Wilson still at the helm who has no discernible track record in any of the objective he's meant to be achieving

Lets hope this appointment isn't just kicking the can down the road by the board.

What are Wilsons objectives for you that he's not meeting?

Our esteemed custodians rewarded Stevie for stopping Terry Munro with two Bosmans and then relented with another free transfer after limping out of the CL. They rewarded Gio for an EL final appearance and CL group qualification with none of his first choices as signings. What makes anyone think that they will back a guy who has managed 21 league games in his entire managerial career thus far, with any serious intent?

I wish Mick all the best but I have grave concerns that he is going to need it. He’ll be afforded little patience if he cannot right the direction of travel in a meaningful way and quickly because he has been here before.

No harm to the fella at all, but maybe King has a point when he recently said that standards are slipping?

We shall see.
Our esteemed custodians put up £70m of their own money to finance Stevie, then we took an unexpected £20m hit with covid.

Last edited:

We shall see.

I assume you missed the £27 million losses coming out of the Covid season that were covered by our 'esteemed custodians'?

On the contrary, the board, their sometimes batsh1t decisions and their limited achievements truly deserve much closer scrutiny than they get on here but that is for another day.

“Finally, this is a coveted managerial position and after an intense week of discussions, I wish to extend our sincere thanks to all of the excellent managers who we met to discuss the role.”

If a guy whose track record in management is a less than 50% win rate, and I'm not swallowing any excuses that the English Championship is full of quality sides, is the pick of the bunch after a week of INTENSE discussions with other excellent managers, then goodness only knows the calibre of the also rans?

Or you could say to yourself this is more garbage trotted out from a charlatan who has no place at Ibrox and a populist appointment (hey it beats lazy and incompetent) made by the board that will help deflect criticism away from themselves next week.

Just so as we're clear here, I want Michael Beale to be as much a success at Ibrox as any Rangers fan. What I'm saying right from the start is there have to be worries if the decision has been made based on his success as a manager elsewhere.

One last point, I've read for over 22 years now that FF is not representative of the Rangers support at large. After reading some of the hysterical tripe posted on here about our new manager, I hope that's at least true of the shareholders next week.

From 4th down nobody has higher than 50% win rate that includes 2 EPL relegated teams with way bigger budgets than QPR and they're only 1 and 2 points behind them. Nobody knows what Beales objectives were at QPR was it playoffs? If so he leaves them out on goal difference. Was it to beat 11th place last season? Etc. Given he signed 3 frees and 4 loans shows he's not exactly got one of the biggest budgets in the league either.

Would you rather we employed the Italian coach we spoke to with 4 wins to his name in Turkey?

We shall see.

What signings did Gio not get?

You've assumed something about Ross Wilson's appointment of Beale, of which you don't know is the case or not. Also, regarding Wilson, would it be accurate to say that the transfer of three particular players since January out of the club has totalled £40 odd million; just to get an idea of the level of his incompetence? I have no loyalty to a single one of those who either run the club now or did so fairly recently, so I read a post like this as dispassionately as possible, but your opening paragraph interests me. When did the nucleus of this board take over; where was the club in terms of league position and squad strength at that time; in seven years we could have done better on the park, of course we could have, but to what cost would we have had to pay to gaurantee that?- getting to a penalty shout-out from a European trophy, six years after coming into the top league, inheriting the mess they did at the time, will take some beating though. Listen to Beale, before he became manager, listen to Warburton, listen to the comments comments of Walter, or Souness, or Alex McLeish, or even the former caretaker Graeme Murty, or on top of that Steven Gerrard; where do these people, who served this club on the front line, ever have a categorical criticism of this board being unfit for purpose? In the words of our new manager, before he became manager, "they wanted to do more than they could", when commenting on this board in his time here under Gerrard. All these men, for all I know, may have criticised the odd thing here or there, the signing or lack of here or there, but where did they ever really criticise it's very existence; does that not indicate anything? Your contempt for Wilson is clear, he is a "charlatan", and yet in his time here this club has moved forward: a League win, a SC win, gaining a CL group place, and, again, the club coming within an inch of lifting a European trophy. It's too early to properly appraise him fairly, but it's a bold claim to make to suggest he has taken the club back the way. You're probably better off debating the key aspects of the board with better people than me; I know virtually nothing of the finer details in this regard, and only come at this as a fan, so everything I've got is most likely in this post and can't really extend beyond that. As regards the 'hysterical "tripe"' relating to our new manager, I'll have own up to being one of the leading exponents of that.

Watched the RTV video and it was very pleasing to see the welcome he was getting from players and staff.I wish him well and hopefully see a better attitude from the players he has, as some of them very much lacked effort over the last couple of months.
If he doesn't get what he's looking for I hope he bumps them.
He says he's here to win and that's what I want to hear and see.

Still a bit confused by how the appointment of one of the brightest young and upcoming coaches in football is uninspired or unimaginative, but there you go.
Are you getting Beale mixed up with someone else? About 20 odd games at QPR with a 40% win rate. Since when does that make you one of the brightest young coaches in football? He’s still completely unproven. I’m all for giving him a chance but let’s not take the piss here, there’s positive spin and then there’s that.

And yes, going straight for someone who was here previously and part of a set up that delivered 1 piece of silverware seems quite uninspired to me. Not sure why that’s hard for you to get your head around.

Last edited:
They spoke to at least 3, stop twisting nonsense rumours
Haha!! Did they now, please let me know who they were as I’m confident my information is solid.

If not your statement is merely your opinion is it not?

The club quite literally said they spoke to several managers.

They were in a London hotel for a week. I’d be extremely surprised if they were there all that time and only spoke to one man.
Ross Wilson said they spoke to several managers and in this day and age literally no one spotted us talking to these several managerial candidates?

Ross Wilson said they spoke to several managers and in this day and age literally no one spotted us talking to these several managerial candidates?
Do you know where these meetings took place? Or was the initial approaches done via video call?

You are basically saying the club are lying based on rumour and here say

Do you know where these meetings took place? Or was the initial approaches done via video call?

You are basically saying the club are lying based on rumour and here say
I’m saying I’m very confident in what I’ve been told.

It seems almost unthinkable that he won't be able to get a better tune out of these players.
I’m hoping for an initial bounceback that has us battle fevered to the max for the games between the World Cup and winter break. It’s like a mini mini league we should be winning, even if it’s only powered by passion and adrenaline, the cohesive style development can wait temporarily.
we can hopefully get some cash in and get a better quality and better mentality of player in.
The mentality thing is massive. Even the best players on paper we all know can find the shirt too heavy. Every time I thought Tav Goldson Jack Morelos Kamara Kent might be plugged into the same socket mentally as Bomber Brown, Stuart Munro, McCall, Ian Ferguson, they switched off and for me only Arfield comes close. Greegs and Davis obviously had it (Past tense).

How we were spoiled in the 90s

Apologies if it has been covered already somewhere, however, is there going to be an official unveiling of the manager in the blue room for the press? Was disappointed this never happened yesterday, but at the very least would like to think this is happening today?

Back