Rangers Confirm Michael Beale As Manager

Massively.

A fair few on here desperate to be able to come back and tell us how right they were.
It's always the case with every manager you have to support whoever gets the job whether you feel it's the right appointment or not.
I hope Beale gets us back to winning quickly as we are not patient as a support.

his managerial / head coach background.

Its a gamble, massive considering his short managerial career.
I think we will know quite a bit about him already; his ambitions to be a manager one was also something he openly declared whilst here first time around. Of course there would have been due diligence, my point is that he wasn't really unknown to us; either the DOF, or the players for that matter.

I think we will know quite a bit about him already; his ambitions to be a manager one was also something he openly declared whilst here first time around. Of course there would have been due diligence, my point is that he wasn't really unknown to us; either the DOF, or the players for that matter.

listening to his interviews now, No one can question his commitment. His hunger is there to see. It is more can he manage a big football club, if it goes sour will he be able to turn around etc. All unknowns and no past experience to reflect on.

listening to his interviews now, No one can question his commitment. His hunger is there to see. It is more can he manage a big football club, if it goes sour will he be able to turn around etc. All unknowns and no past experience to reflect on.
Same as a few of our past managers. It's an interesting point you make though, but we'll find out in time. He is very realistic, it would seem; I wouldn't rule him out proving his numerous doubters wrong.

Same as a few of our past managers. It's an interesting point you make though, but we'll find out in time. He is very realistic, it would seem; I wouldn't rule him out proving his numerous doubters wrong.
Every manager starts off with a clean slate we cannot think of Beale as the coach that came with Gerrard we have to view him as his own man.

I watched an Interview with Beale and he said as a coach and talking tactics he said sometimes you have to sell your ideas to the manager and it's up to him whether he uses them or not.

So from now we will know and find out all about him and his style of play I think it will be similar to Gerrard but with some tweaks.

Leverkusen at Ibrox will now be a good test, then on to Hibs.

Stuck a bet on; Time of first goal - 0:00-9:59 at 3/1. Out the traps like a team possessed.

The question marks are around the players. Can they put in the effort to carry out his instructions? I want to see a snarling, in your face performance from our players. Give that abomination of a club hell, including their management team. No shaking hands or niceties, ignore them, and get stuck into them.
I've got a wee feeling in my guts that he'll definitely get a tune out of them. Or it could just be the Vindaloo I had earlier.

Let's be honest the realistic options out there were not really inspired choices. Check the poll in the new manager thread and a lot of the names would have been a complete punt (as is any new manager) Not getting the 'lazy appointment' comments that's a bit of a lazy comment if truth be told.

A sensible appointment is probably more accurate. No frills obviously as Mick Beale is very early in his management career but by all accounts is respected by the players and is widely praised for his training sessions and his tactical approach. He knows most of the squad, the club, staff etc so we have no issues with him settling in and the transition for the players is a lot more smooth.

His biggest challenge right off the bat is the injury list and specifically the defence as that is not going to improve right away no matter any amount of training, drills, tactics or anything else he can do in the next couple of weeks. We have a young lad in Leon King who is nowhere near ready as a regular starter and a more seasoned defender in Davies who is maybe got about 60-70 minutes in him at the moment. Failing that as back up we have James Sands who is still fairly inexperienced and a natural CM. We have Tav on the right and no fit LB until Croatia get papped out the WC and Borna comes back so let's hope Croatia don't go too far if they get out the groups as who knows when Yilmaz will be back from injury. Goldson was rumoured for a January return but we would all hope it's earlier.

What MB will need to do is get our midfield and attack firing to negate the inevitable defensive issues we will face over the next few weeks, which will in turn help take the pressure off our patched up defence. It's a tough ask as our first 5 games back are Hibs (H), Ross County (A) Aberdeen (H) Motherwell (A) and finishing with the Scum at Home. Three of the most difficult Home games and two tricky away grounds to go to so by no means an easy start to life as a Rangers manager.

Win all 5 and would be an excellent start heading into the January window.
I am sure we can all agree MB is going to need our full backing and a bit of patience at times. As this is a huge moment in our season.
How dare you be sensible and have a positive outlook on FF. Shame on you!! B-D:shh:

Best appointment considering players may have requested him as manager. Current players stop playing for the last manager ie player power, so it’s on the players to start performing or it’s not going to play out great for another few years until we have brand new squad.

Latest posts

Back